Symphony of the Seas' Blocks Are in the House!

Yeah, yeah....that name/term has gotten to be generic....just like Kleenex..

Another incorrect reference. My friends at Jacuzzi remind me of the incorrect reference. I don't believe in making incorrect references correct just by continued mass reference.

Another incorrect reference. My friends at Jacuzzi remind me of the incorrect reference. I don't believe in making incorrect references correct just by continued mass reference.

Language is fluid, change is inevitable.

You do recall that the folks at Jonestown didn't actually drink Kool Aid, it was Flavor Aid. However no one says they are 'Drinking the Flavor Aid'. 😉

I used to have 'friends' at Jacuzzi, and most every other manufacturer to the home building industry. 😉

Now, back to our regular programming.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Language is fluid, change is inevitable.

You do recall that the folks at Jonestown didn't actually drink Kool Aid, it was Flavor Aid. However no one says they are 'Drinking the Flavor Aid'. 😉

I used to have 'friends' at Jacuzzi, and most every other manufacturer to the home building industry. 😉

Now, back to our regular programming.

Ah, I used to have the General Foods plant that made Kool aid (South Side of Chicago) as a customer at that time. I do remember the CEO making a statement about that and letting it be as he thought it would die out in time, and talking about it just kept it going. Little did he know then it would become a euphemism. Now before returning the thread to its regular programming, I spent a day working at that plant on a line that was making cherry kool aid. They pack that stuff in the old single serve packets at the rate about about 30 per second and the dust flew everywhere. After awhile you got used to it, but I got back to the Holiday Inn and took a shower and turned that shower stall bright red. The maid had to wonder.

The reality is that the mass population seems to think differently...these use to be 999 out of 1000 people...

If you ask the next 1000 people on the street if they know what Kleenex is...990 of them will identify the general idea of tissues (only maybe 10 will be specific to the BRAND). If you ask the next 1000 people on the street if they know what a Jacuzzi is...990 of them will identify the general idea of a large tub with water in it featuring jets (only maybe 10 will be specific to a BRAND).

Marketing people strive for this. If you ask for a "Coke" in the Southern U.S....it is usually followed by "what do you want - a Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, or something else?" Coke is nearly interchangeable in that part of the country to "soda, soda pop, or pop".

We've had to adapt to these realities over time. So be it.

By the way...Should it be called Symphony of the Oceans when it does trans-Atlantic runs (as opposed to sailing in Seas)? So much for the perfection of language.

So it's time to head back to the Symphony of the Seas...almost ready to join the fleet for actual cruises.

Nice. Happy Sailing on Symphony approaches.

They didn't manage to "squeeze" :) all of the tests of the cancelled sea trials during these ones, she will have to go out for a short trial run before livery to Royal.

On a good note, everything that was tested this week end was done successfully.

https://www.meretmarine.com/fr/content/le-symphony-seas-rentre-de-ses-essais-une-2eme-sortie-prevue-avant-livraison

They didn't manage to "squeeze" :) all of the tests of the cancelled sea trials during these ones, she will have to go out for a short trial run before livery to Royal.

https://www.meretmarine.com/fr/content/le-symphony-seas-rentre-de-ses-essais-une-2eme-sortie-prevue-avant-livraison

u4s2c.jpg

. So be it.

By the way...Should it be called Symphony of the Oceans when it does trans-Atlantic runs (as opposed to sailing in Seas)? So much for the perfection of language.

Translated, I get the last word ;p Ok, its a sticking point for me and I don't accept the preponderance of evidence and the coke analogy, but I am done, so if you can resist getting in the last word.

[/thread hijack]

Thanks for that update. Did the link give the details on which tests? This was something I found interesting on a show I watched about these tests. It was inspiring to see the ships capabilities and how they go beyond normal operations. I tried loading that link into google chrome, but the translation didn't work.

Thanks for that update. Did the link give the details on which tests? This was something I found interesting on a show I watched about these tests. It was inspiring to see the ships capabilities and how they go beyond normal operations. I tried loading that link into google chrome, but the translation didn't work.

No they don't go into the detail of the tests. They just mention that they didn't have enough time to do them all and that those that were done were successful.

They must have done a max speed test as I saw on MarineTraffic that she did 25.1 knots at some point.

You should see the tests on an aircraft carrier. Suffice it to say the Air Wing is not aboard. 😱

No they don't go into the detail of the tests. They just mention that they didn't have enough time to do them all and that those that were done were successful.

They must have done a max speed test as I saw on MarineTraffic that she did 25.1 knots at some point.

WOW that is pretty dang good for something that big and heavy!:o

The video won't load for me.....what I can say is that an employee who is on the ship told me it looks more like a big jacuzzi than a typical solarium pool....I trust what she says, she is part of the entertainment staff.

Adults will be able to go around and around in circles like the babies do in the kiddie pool area.