"New" Diamond Drink Menu from the Explorer October 2016

Ohhhhh interesting. Hope it's fleet wide... I'm doing a 4 night in Enchantment in November and have decided against the drinks package ($/£ exchange rate has made it very expensive for us Brits 😢). I'm not really a wine drinker so great if they've widened the range.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

This was the list on Harmony two weeks ago. A slightly different selection of wine. I guess some folk would be disappointed that no white Zinfandel was listed. Drinks liberally served from 5pm to 8.30pm, plus of course three drinks loaded onto one's Seapass for use in most bars. Absolutely no need for a Drinks Package...

Harmony%20Docs%201%20Diamond%20Drinks_zps1ggukedf.jpg

Edited by megacruiser

Very interesting that they have a 'drink of the day' listed. We are sailing from Sydney in March so hoping this will be on our ship.

I have found that even when a drink is not listed on the menu, the servers are usually happy to oblige, I of course make sure I 'thank' them well.

This was the list on Harmony two weeks ago. A slightly different selection of wine. I guess some folk would be disappointed that no white Zinfandel was listed. Drinks liberally served from 5pm to 8.30pm, plus of course three drinks loaded onto one's Seapass for use in most bars. Absolutely no need for a Drinks Package...

Harmony%20Docs%201%20Diamond%20Drinks_zps1ggukedf.jpg

And since when has Strong Bow been a beer??:D

Why different drink menu for different ships? I can understand there would be a difference if ship was sailing in Europe, Asia, Australia, So. America but I would think all ships sailing from US ports would be offering the same drink menu.

Why different drink menu for different ships? I can understand there would be a difference if ship was sailing in Europe, Asia, Australia, So. America but I would think all ships sailing from US ports would be offering the same drink menu.[/quote

........Edited

Edited by goodml

Why different drink menu for different ships? I can understand there would be a difference if ship was sailing in Europe, Asia, Australia, So. America but I would think all ships sailing from US ports would be offering the same drink menu.[/quote

........Edited

I think she's on her way there after finishing up the CA coastals.

First stop, Hawaii

Current position of M/S Explorer of the Seas: Under way from Seattle (WA) to Honolulu (Oahu, Hawaii)

Departure was 3 d 13 hrs 16 min ago. (at 16:00 h local time)

Arrival will be in 2 d 5 hrs 44 min. (at 08:00 h local time)

Traveled distance since Seattle (WA): 1,480.25 nm (2,741.42 km)

Remaining distance to Honolulu (Oahu, Hawaii): 930.53 nm (1,723.35 km)

Course: 236°

Edited by John&LaLa

I hope the Harmony can fit all the D, D+ in that small lounge when she comes over to the US. Or at least have an overflow.

Why different drink menu for different ships? I can understand there would be a difference if ship was sailing in Europe, Asia, Australia, So. America but I would think all ships sailing from US ports would be offering the same drink menu.

Do we know that there are different menus for ships in the same regoin? Harmony is currently in Europe, and Explorer almost half a world away. Perhaps the same regions do have the same menus; I'm not sre we know yet.

I hope the Harmony can fit all the D, D+ in that small lounge when she comes over to the US. Or at least have an overflow.

I think we make up about half the ship (seriously)---so even overflow is going to be darn hard to make happen.

I enjoy the lounges, but understand that making them work for such D and up heavy cruises is not really pratical for th elines and cannot fault them. I'm happy we get coupons now and will just poke my head in the lounge at some other less busy time to see what it is like:)

White Zinfandel and Sparkling wine is freely available in the diamond lounge although not state on the list.Also in the bars with your three free drinks just ask they are very obliging.

The diamond lounge although down on deck four and has no windows is quite big and very nice but has been quite empty every night.

There is more atmosphere in the bars.

We all know the diamond lounge finishes the free drinks at 8.30 or at least should do but a couple of couples got most put out last night when politely told they could have no more drinks at 8.40

Any questions please ask.

Ohhhhh interesting. Hope it's fleet wide... I'm doing a 4 night in Enchantment in November and have decided against the drinks package ($/£ exchange rate has made it very expensive for us Brits ). I'm not really a wine drinker so great if they've widened the range.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Enchantment 2 weeks ago had the same drink menu as OP posted for CL cocktail hours. The second menu posted was NOT on Enchantment.

Edited by troykahack

It depends where the ship took on major provisions. Different ports and different ship's chandlers have differential pricing. For stuff that keeps (like liquor) they will take on provisions where they can get the best price and that can mean that they have to adapt the menu to products available.