Cafe Select Coffee Card only allowing a SMALL

I was on the Grandeur the second week of April. I used it mostly for Frappacino's and was told it was good for the medium size. I was on a 9 night and I found I didn't use

them all. Had 4 left. Can the remainder be used on a future cruise?

I was on the Grandeur the second week of April. I used it mostly for Frappacino's and was told it was good for the medium size. I was on a 9 night and I found I didn't use

them all. Had 4 left. Can the remainder be used on a future cruise?

Officially no. The last couple of cruises that I have taken and used the card, they wrote the name of the ship and the sailing date on the card to prevent it being used on future cruises. If they didn't do that with your card and there is nothing indicating what cruise it was bought for - then definitely try it on a future cruise.

• 8 months later...
We just got off Independence and were charged one punch for small, two punches for medium and three punches for large. No more coffee cards for us!!

You should let Miami know. The ships are not supposed to be doing that. I thought I remember someone saying they received a refund or a partial refund of the cost of the card because of this.

Well, here's a new one on me:

On Freedom in December I ordered a latte from the coffee counter at Café Promenade about 7 pm one evening. The person waiting on me asked if I wanted to use it as one of my three free Diamond Plus drinks loaded on my sea pass. I said huh? She said yes, Royal Caribbean now allows that as they figure a specialty coffee costs less than a mixed drink. I said sure but was stunned. I even asked if that included any size and type and she said yes.

On my following cruises - Anthem in December, Oasis in January, and back on Freedom in December - I inquired about doing this at each coffee venue and was told they knew of no such thing.

Too strange.

Well, here's a new one on me:

On Freedom in December I ordered a latte from the coffee counter at Café Promenade about 7 pm one evening. The person waiting on me asked if I wanted to use it as one of my three free Diamond Plus drinks loaded on my sea pass. I said huh? She said yes, Royal Caribbean now allows that as they figure a specialty coffee costs less than a mixed drink. I said sure but was stunned. I even asked if that included any size and type and she said yes.

On my following cruises - Anthem in December, Oasis in January, and back on Freedom in December - I inquired about doing this at each coffee venue and was told they knew of no such thing.

Too strange.

RCI = Really Consistently Inconsistent

We just got off Independence and were charged one punch for small, two punches for medium and three punches for large. No more coffee cards for us!!

Thank you for the information. We were on the Anthem in January. One punch for a 16 ounce one time and the rest were in the dining room in small cups. I don't know what sizes we will be ordering on the Explorer this May. No more coffee cards for us either!!

I'd ask the policy prior to purchase.

I agree. There is no cost benefit to purchasing in advance in the cruise planner. Just wait and buy on board once you find out if the policy on the ship is acceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So, about this coffee card. Is it one per person or can you order for others? We don't do soda or alcohol so any of the drink packages are waste on us. And our cruise is only 5 nights. I just don't need my teen drinking 3 espressos a day.

The coffee card can be shared with as many people as you like.

• 1 month later...

My experience with the coffee card on Serenade 3/19 - 3/30 was one punch per shot. I took a printout from the website cruise planner which states any expresso-based coffee and argued with the worker to no avail. She called the supervisor for me to talk to. He would not budge.

I did see something in the Compass I had never seen before confirming you can use your unused punches on your next cruise (still not clearly defining its use).

39431800730_cdb23066d4_b.jpg

... I did see something in the Compass I had never seen before confirming you can use your unused punches on your next cruise (still not clearly defining its use).

I'd take that Compass with your unused coffee card on the next cruise.

My experience with the coffee card on Serenade 3/19 - 3/30 was one punch per shot. I took a printout from the website cruise planner which states any expresso-based coffee and argued with the worker to no avail. She called the supervisor for me to talk to. He would not budge.

I did see something in the Compass I had never seen before confirming you can use your unused punches on your next cruise (still not clearly defining its use).

39431800730_cdb23066d4_b.jpg

You did not go high enough to get the wanted result as you did not talk to a REAL manager....the people you tlaked to have NO discretion to change ANYTHING!:rolleyes:

You did not go high enough to get the wanted result as you did not talk to a REAL manager....the people you tlaked to have NO discretion to change ANYTHING!:rolleyes:

He said he was a manager. Of course I did not accuse him of lying.