Few Grandeur Threads

We're sailing on the Grandeur for the first time in a few weeks. We think we have a pretty good idea of what to expect, but there seems to be very few recent threads about the ship. That seems to put a small damper on our anticipation.

Can any recent Grandeur cruisers help us get motivated by sharing recent experiences and tips?

I have sailed on the Grandeur 7 times and have a back to back coming up in November. Baltimore is a great port to cruise out of. It has never taken me more than 20 minutes from arriving in the terminal to getting on the ship. Grandeur's a bit old and you will notice her age in certain places, but she is a great ship to cruise on. One other thing. The Grandeur has the best crew that I've ever had the privilege to sail with.

There are a number of threads, including a recent full cruise live review.

I had done two on Grandeur, and have two more scheduled.

The crew is AMAZING

We're sailing on the Grandeur for the first time in a few weeks. We think we have a pretty good idea of what to expect, but there seems to be very few recent threads about the ship. That seems to put a small damper on our anticipation.

Can any recent Grandeur cruisers help us get motivated by sharing recent experiences and tips?

Davy if you look at my signature you will see that i have sailed on the Grandeur a LOT! I love it- it is my favorite ship. The crew is phenomenal. No, there are not the bells and whistles as this is a smaller, older ship but you will still love it. There is a little deli in the solarium that makes made to oder salads that are wonderful and they sell wraps, roast beef sandwiches etc. this is a great place for lunch.

Davy if you look at my signature you will see that i have sailed on the Grandeur a LOT! I love it- it is my favorite ship. The crew is phenomenal. No, there are not the bells and whistles as this is a smaller, older ship but you will still love it. There is a little deli in the solarium that makes made to oder salads that are wonderful and they sell wraps, roast beef sandwiches etc. this is a great place for lunch.

They "sell" wraps and sandwiches? You have to pay for them?

I have sailed on the Grandeur 7 times and have a back to back coming up in November. Baltimore is a great port to cruise out of. It has never taken me more than 20 minutes from arriving in the terminal to getting on the ship. Grandeur's a bit old and you will notice her age in certain places, but she is a great ship to cruise on. One other thing. The Grandeur has the best crew that I've ever had the privilege to sail with.

I agree 100% with the above .I will be on my 4th.Grandeur cruise later this year .In 2015 ,my first cruise on the Grandeur I was not able to get to the Fitness Center because elevators do not go there and I was not able to walk up and down stairs. I happened to relate this to the Hotel Manager and he offered to let me use the employees gym.

I have been on the Grandeur several times. The crew is by far the friendliest of any ship. They go above and beyond compared to the newer larger ships crew. There are almost no bells and whistles and both time my cabin could have used some updating and maintenance. My closet doors and cabinet drawers never really closed right, stains on couch that they were using bed sheets to cover up, chips in the fiber glass in the bathroom.

Realistically if you are going on the Grandeur, you are going because you love cruising. It’s a great crew but not a cruise I would introduce someone to cruising on. Or really even introduce them to RCI on.

Hi,

We plan to be sailing on the Grandeur Spring 2019 and will be doing multiple cruises.

Looking for some info about MDR dining table setup. We usually like a table for eight in front of stairway, about 2nd table in (or close to centre) on main dining room deck.

Are there any tables for eight? From photos I see only tables for six in centre of MDR - except for the Captain's Table!!

Appreciate any response.

NJ

I agree 100% with the above .I will be on my 4th.Grandeur cruise later this year .In 2015 ,my first cruise on the Grandeur I was not able to get to the Fitness Center because elevators do not go there and I was not able to walk up and down stairs. I happened to relate this to the Hotel Manager and he offered to let me use the employees gym.

Huh? There are elevators to every deck of the ship.

Hi,

We plan to be sailing on the Grandeur Spring 2019 and will be doing multiple cruises.

Looking for some info about MDR dining table setup. We usually like a table for eight in front of stairway, about 2nd table in (or close to centre) on main dining room deck.

Are there any tables for eight? From photos I see only tables for six in centre of MDR - except for the Captain's Table!!

Appreciate any response.

NJ

There have been tables for 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 on every RC ship we've been on.

There have been tables for 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 on every RC ship we've been on.

Hey Bob,

Thanks. The pics I'm looking at of the centre of the MDR aren't clearly showing any tables for eight, largest is six. We like being in the centre instead of sides of MDR. Maybe they can just add more chairs??

NJ

Hey Bob,

Thanks. The pics I'm looking at of the centre of the MDR aren't clearly showing any tables for eight, largest is six. We like being in the centre instead of sides of MDR. Maybe they can just add more chairs??

NJ

Most likely they will not be putting 8 people at a table for 6. I'm guessing you will have to decide on your priority, table for 8 or center of MDR.

Hey Bob,

NJ

The area directly in front of the stairs, are mostly 4 and 6 tops with a smattering of 2 tops near the front of the stairs if i remember correctly. I was seated at one of those last year. Its actually not that much space

The 8s and 10s are further off to the side I believe. When I was on Grandeur in April, I was seated at a 10 top

The area directly in front of the stairs, are mostly 4 and 6 tops with a smattering of 2 tops near the front of the stairs if i remember correctly. I was seated at one of those last year. Its actually not that much space

The 8s and 10s are further off to the side I believe. When I was on Grandeur in April, I was seated at a 10 top

Thank you. We haven't been on Grandeur before or on this size ship either so wasn't sure what to expect. We've cruised Jewel a lot & tend to like sitting in centre of MDR in front of stairs. Less noise, great view. But what's your opinion of taking a table for eight off to the side? Sounds like a great ship.

NJ

Thank you. We haven't been on Grandeur before or on this size ship either so wasn't sure what to expect. We've cruised Jewel a lot & tend to like sitting in centre of MDR in front of stairs. Less noise, great view. But what's your opinion of taking a table for eight off to the side? Sounds like a great ship.

NJ

I’ve been on Grandeur 4 times and I’ve only been sat in the middle once. All other times, I’ve been off to the side.

Pros. you’re closer to the window and even though its dark, you can still see out the window.

Con. The staircase is where the presentations takes place. It happens once, maybe twice depending on the length of the cruise.

Ultimately, i didnt find much of a difference on where you sit. Service does not really matter if you’re in the middle or to the sides. My first RC cruise I was seated next to the kitchen. and that was kind of bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is a 9 top in the center of the MDR.

But you have to be invited to dine there. :D

We were invited to dine with the Staff Captain at that table last Grandeur cruise.