LIve - Bali - Hong Kong (3/24 - 4/8/2018)

Travelcat2

If the Meet and Mingles are not working is there anything to stop people on CC from having. "Parallel" event? Seems like a non brainer to me...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Gerry - it does sound like a no brainer but communicating with people on Roll Call and saying that M&M set up by Regent may not work, they may not receive an invitation or the time may be inconvenient is not something people want to hear. One really needs the cooperation of others on Roll Call in order to make it successful.

While I have been against this for the 10 years that Wes has tried to get Regent to implement the M&M, I have remained fairly low key about this topic. However, when I see four people sitting in the Observation Lounge, it brought the issue back to the forefront. “We” can be for or against it all we want ....... vote, etc., however, if the results are not there - it obviously isn’t successful (except on the WC where one would expect it to be successful).

What do you think of the carpeting?

b75f5e3c5c94c62d4adaf20454656a51.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

To be filed under the "what were they thinking ?" section.....

Of all of the beautiful carpet choices in the world and they came up with that......omg.

Like Jackie, we do not cruise for the interior decor (good thing for Regent), however I'm not

seeing anything here to endear me to Regent's interiors! Of course, I'm a majority of one with much

of the public interiors of the Explorer....another "what were they thinking?" But that would never stop me from cruising on her again.....

d92b7c559b04822d4a7864cc32335750.jpg

New on the doors. Attractive but it doesn’t work well when they want to put an envelope on the door.

This is the same as on the Navigator and ours works great. The envelops big and small slip into top clip like thing and stay there until we take them into the suite.

Agree the carpeting is pretty bad. The Navigators is much better.

Hideous new carpeting, but as other have commented its "multiple apparent spills pre-applied" motif should save on maintenance....

Glad you're no longer a bit under the weather as you said you were at the beginning of the cruise. My first thought when I read that is "The sarongs are gone but the malady lingers on...":D

Hideous new carpeting, but as other have commented its "multiple apparent spills pre-applied" motif should save on maintenance....

Glad you're no longer a bit under the weather as you said you were at the beginning of the cruise. My first thought when I read that is "The sarongs are gone but the malady lingers on...":D

You should write music! Thanks for the laugh!

Good afternoon/morning or evening - depending upon where in the world that you are. We just docked in Kuching - late due to the tides (we were aware of the late arrival before we sailed). We approached very slowly - with the stabilizers up as the water is quite shallow. Our excursion was cancelled but we plan on taking the shuttle into town (about 12 mile away). The ship does not depart until 1:00 a.m. (the time was driven by the tide).

Before posting a couple of photos taken on the ship at lunch, I thought it might be helpful to quote some policies from Passages that may be helpful to people new to Regent.....

DAYTIME DRESS CODE (until 6:00 p.m.)

During the day, resort style clothing (including shorts, warm-up suits, jeans and sneakers) is acceptable in all public areas. Bare feet are acceptable only on the Pool Deck.

Please Note: Bathing suits, while acceptable at the Pool Bar and Grill are not considered appropriate in any indoor venue

I think that everyone is pretty clear about no jeans, t-shirts, baseball caps, shorts and sneakers after 6:00 p.m. I hadn't noticed a comment about bathrobes not being appropriate until now (maybe I just did't notice). One would assume that adults would know better than to walk around a ship or go into a dining venue in a bathrobe.

DECK CHAIRS - POOLSIDE ETIQUETTE

Complimentary chaise lounges and extra large towels are provided for the use and enjoyment of guests onboard and are available on a first come, first served basis. As a courtesy to your fellow guests, we kindly request that you refrain from the practice of reserving chaise lounges and day beds with personal items. Sun loungers cannot be reserved for longer than 30 minutes. If you are not present on the Pool Deck, Wait Staff and Deck Stewards will clear chaises and day beds of any personal items to make them available for use by your fellow guests.

(No longer quoting) - The dress code and pool etiquette are in Passages most days but there are still guests that don't seem to care. It seems as if the dress code is being maintained but not sure about items on the pool deck (I am a sun avoider but when we do pass by the pool deck, there are more reserved lounges than people in the pool).

Going to change devices to post two not particularly interesting photos but ones that may give a heads up to people on the Voyager that are in La Veranda.

So, when you enter La Veranda, this is what you see.

3ef8b94bde9bd0b28fbf24ede57397b1.jpg

The sort of “see through” half wall on the right is not see through when you are just walking by. It took three days before I noticed what was behind it.

See next post because I can’t posted a second photo for some reason.

b0a4a691e802ac0127bfa220c00b352a.jpg

In my opinion, putting in sinks like they have on Explorer is brilliant but no one knows that it is there. I’m posting this so maybe someone that sees this may think of a non-intrusive sign that could let people know that there is a sink.

I am with everyone that after 6pm ,people should dress well and not wear jeans etc

But I think that there is some rules need to be broken.I have several high end tee shirts that I wear with a sport jacket and nice slacks.I believe it is a smart look and certainly in my opinion looks better than some collared shirts

b0a4a691e802ac0127bfa220c00b352a.jpg

In my opinion, putting in sinks like they have on Explorer is brilliant but no one knows that it is there. I’m posting this so maybe someone that sees this may think of a non-intrusive sign that could let people know that there is a sink.

A sink placed there looks (to us) like something for the staff to use (sort of a small service area). There is nothing to indicate it is for passengers, so we believe people may be hesitant to use it.

A sink placed there looks (to us) like something for the staff to use (sort of a small service area). There is nothing to indicate it is for passengers, so we believe people may be hesitant to use it.

And, in fact, while we were on Voyager for a couple of months it was only the staff, and relatively rarely, that used it.

You are probably right - hadn’t thought of that. They probably are for the crew. They seemed new to me ...... will ask Francisco about it. He is the Maitre ‘d in LV (still waiting for him to become Restaurant Manager).

Update: Francisco just came by — the sink(s) at the entrances to LV are new and are meant for the guests. Sometimes the crew might use it but their sinks are inside the kitchen area. The Mariner will also have these sinks.

Okay - so about Kuching. I've mentioned that the morning arrival time changed due to tide issues and we arrived 2:00 p.m. Most excursions were cancelled - the most important one, IMO, was the visit to the orangutan rehabilitation center. We were there several years ago and would have loved to return but this was not to be. Missing things just goes with the territory when one is cruising,.

The newly arranged excursions left after 2:00 p.m. and returned by 8:00 p.m. with long lines (repeating - long lines) waiting to reboard the ship where the passengers needed to get ready for dinner.

We took the shuttle into town and it took almost an hour in heavy traffic. We saw a couple of nice buildings and an arena but nothing of real interest. Since it took so long to get into town, we (and others) just stayed onboard the bus and went back to the ship. It was just a nice ride

We were in CR in Risky's section when the buses were arriving and we were viewing and counting buses and watching the lines from an empty restaurant at 7:00 p.m. I asked if they would be permitted in CR dressed the way that they were. This brought on a short but interesting discussion of dress code. She said that guests cannot dine in CR in the evening unless they are properly dressed - even after an excursion. She brought up a couple of good points. She said that this was an elegant restaurant with Versace plates and an expensive decor and that people need to dress to go to such a place. She felt that it was about respect - for the venue and for yourself. In any case, a special Mediterranean buffet on LV and all of the shorts and jeans ate up there.

I plan on doing what Mr. Rumor does in terms of learning the nationality of the guests and posting the numbers. This is a more international group that we have seen. It seems that there are many from Germany, South America, Australia, New Zealand, France and the U.K. There are two children on board. One girl about 8 years old and is absolutely delightful (not English speaking and I do not know where she is from). She dines nicely with her parents, swims and seems quite sweet. There is an 18 month old that we do not see too much but does screech quite loudly at lunch in LV (only noticed a couple of days).

My posts may (or may not) get more interesting after today as we will be doing excursions. Tomorrow is Brunei and the following day - Easter - is Kota Kinabulu, Borneo. Hoping to take photos.

I am with everyone that after 6pm ,people should dress well and not wear jeans etc

But I think that there is some rules need to be broken.I have several high end tee shirts that I wear with a sport jacket and nice slacks.I believe it is a smart look and certainly in my opinion looks better than some collared shirts

Agree with you 100%, some of those collared shirts I've seem need to be given to Goodwill. Someone mentioned bathrobes after 6PM---I agree with a no on that---however if you have a late spa appointment I say it's OK to go to your cabin from the Spa, or the Spa should close earlier so you have time to get to your cabin without rushing.

There is attire made which is meant to be worn while going to and from the pool and the spa. Bathrobes are for inside your suite. Bathrobes are a bit offensive to some crew members as well as passengers.

In terms of t-shirts with sports jackets,, etc., I "get" the look and it is nice but Regent makes the rules. This could one more thing that people try to get away with (like black or white jeans). Is it really so hard to just respect Regent's rules?

Update from Voyager. Thankfully, Regent is dropping the port of Boracay, Philippines and replacing it with overnight in Manila. For anyone that has not noticed the news about Boracay, this is a beautiful beach area that has had raw sewage leaking into the water at levels that are dangerous. Apparently someone new in the government is taking this very seriously and decided to basically shut it down until it is fixed.

While we are not beach people and had no real desire to go to Boracay, we are mostly happy for the overnight in Manilla because it gives the crew more time with their family. Some crew members will be able to spend the night in their homes. We are thrilled about this.

Will be posting one photo of the buffet in LV. The food has been spectacular!