We need a menu sticky!

I think it would be great to have a Sticky thread where people just post menus. Post whatever menu you happen to snap a picture of, and it would be a go-to place to see both what is current and how things might vary ship to ship.

Just post the menu, and say, "MDR night 5 Oasis July 8th" or "Chops, Indy May" or whatever.

Who's with me???

I think it would be great to have a Sticky thread where people just post menus. Post whatever menu you happen to snap a picture of, and it would be a go-to place to see both what is current and how things might vary ship to ship.

Just post the menu, and say, "MDR night 5 Oasis July 8th" or "Chops, Indy May" or whatever.

Who's with me???

Sounds good to me! :D

It wouldn't be that large. Over half of the new menus are the same every night.

True, but it would actually be a more convenient repository of current menu information than searching can be. I have trouble sorting through search results for what I'm after when it comes to menus.

I just don't see/get the obsession over the menu's JMHO ;)

I don't see or get the obsession with about 90 percent of the questions asked here either ("who is the Captain?" "Who is the CD?" "Is the bed near the closet????"), but that doesn't make them not relevant.

By the number of questions I see asked looking for menus, it seems there are a number of people who are.

Along the same lines, we could have a Cruise Compass Sticky. Just a place to post pictures or scans of the cruise compass.

Who's with me???

I think this would be great.

On our last RC cruise, quite a few years back, we didn't give the main dining room menu much of a thought because it changed by spice theme most nights and we loved the surprise of seeing what was offered. Now I noticed that the menus are pretty much the same very night so having an idea of what is offered will let us make a more informed decision on what nights to reserve specialty dining.

Looking at the menus in advance is very helpful for families who have picky eaters. If there isn't anything appealing to them on a particular night, then that helps us decide that it would be a good night to go to a specialty restaurant instead of MDR.

Never seen the point of looking at the menu.

Do you really going to choose dinner 6 months out??

Good for you. I mean, I'm sorry that you can't come up with any other possible scenario as to why one might like to look at menus other than "choose dinner 6 months out". But hey, so be it!

Two reasons for looking at the menu's in advance.

1. Deciding which day to book a speciality restaurant.

2. If you want to mix up what you are eating each day. I.E. you don't want have pasta two days in row, so you want to see which day has the pasta dish that you think you would like better. So you order pasta on that day and the next day you order someother option.

I think another good reason to be able to look at menus is to clear up some vague generalizations people sometimes share, like "there's very little variety", or "they got rid of all my favorites", or "they seem to repeat a lot of the same things".

I prefer to have specific information and interpret it myself in some instances. And to no one's fault, there are a lot of generalizations around here. "Limited" menu is subjective. Let me see the menu and I'll see where I stand on it.

I just don't see/get the obsession over the menu's JMHO

We don't look at the menus until we are seated.

would also suggest adding Cruise Compasses to the sticky.

I think a (Cruise Compass) sticky would be far more helpful & much more warranted than a 'menu sticky.'

:cool:

I usually have to go over the options with the head waiter for my dietary restrictions. Good grief - I have more now then when I last cruised in December [emoji849]. There are very few dairy free and gluten free options (a comment not a complaint) and of those only some that I will be able to eat. I usually manage well in MDR but having a quick look at my options just before I travel are helpful rather than reviewing only the day before each dinner with the menu from the head waiter. They do their best to accommodate me and I am very very grateful to all involved.

Cruise Compasses do not provide the menu details that I need.

Cruise Compass supporters can start a “We want a Cruise Compass Sticky”. I would be happy to support that one too.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums