Blu menus - August 2015

little britain

First, thanks for posting pix.

But, the more I see the BLU menu, the less impressed i am. We are sailing AQ in November on Reflection. Just not into the BLU choices, I do hope either a) I will be surprise or b) can go to MDR.

bryan, you are still outside of final payment. If you have paid substantially more for Aqua I would suggest downgrading to a balcony if you do not want to try Blu.

Many suggest that the main reason for sailing in Aqua is the restaurant Blu.

If you are not going to eat there you may want to consider a balcony. The other nice benefits are Persian Gardens and a higher amount of points for your sailing for the Captains Club levels.

I absolutely loved Blu on the Summit. But everyone has their individual tastes and style.

Thanks for posting the menus...looking forward to BLU again in January on Equinox,

Would hope for some specials sometime but we really like the variety offered , excellent service and the personal preparation....

Are these in the order they were presented? .there are 6

we have a bit of OBCso we aren't going to book a specialty restaurant ahead.....we'll look for offers or will do the Bistro once or twice...if the expanded menu is offered

our leadt fav menu is the last one posted so that might be a night we dine elsewhere.

Edited by hcat

Thanks for the pictures!

Had a quick look at them and they are still the same as on our recent cruise.

If anyone is interested, you can find all the missing menus by clicking the link in my signature or right here - have fun :)

http://cruisewith.lydiaingo.com/gallery/index.php/BluMenus

Edited by UniPac

Thank you so much for posting! What were your favorites?

Sorry, they are not in order - the last one was actually day 1.

I admit to favouring the starters much more than the main courses.

Day 1 I actually had all 3 starters - the fish cake was not good but the smoked chicken and potato was lovely.

My favourites have to be the Crab Martini, and the filet mignon which was soooo tender! The lobster tail was very disappointing, chewy and not enough of a sauce.

First, thanks for posting pix.

But, the more I see the BLU menu, the less impressed i am. We are sailing AQ in November on Reflection. Just not into the BLU choices, I do hope either a) I will be surprise or b) can go to MDR.

You are not the only one that feels this way! I'm booked in Aqua for May and I'm really going to try to give it my best shot - I can survive it for 7 nights and the breakfasts there are really good (was in a suite once so got to try it). Might be the first cruise where I don't gain a few pounds. :D Don't forget that there are also the everyday items that can be ordered. I think my biggest feeling might be that I'm missing out on all the action in the MDR as Blu on Eclipse felt out of way (based on 1 dinner there while in a suite). This may be a one and done for Aqua for us, although DH might like it more than I - will wait to see.

Cherylroslyn - my Aqua aft cabin was CHEAPER than a Concierge aft cabin. :cool: It happens.

On our recent Constellation cruise, we really enjoyed Blu. The filet mignon and the ribs were excellent (we are foodies) but I would suggest avoiding anything they put a nut crust on as it is very thick and chewy - unless you like that:) The blue crab bisque was fun in the way they served it too.

We heard a lot of negative comments about the main dining room - mostly about the incredibly tough meat.

Ate there at lunch time once during the sea day brunch (our 1st cruise with Celebrity, so not sure if this is a big institution) our food was fine, but the lady next to us was having trouble cutting into a flatbread - she even tried it with a steak knife! Have to say, that the staff were great and trying to change it and offer her other things to eat.

Liked the ambience in Blu and the service was excellent. It really helped balance out other elements of our cruise that were a little less successful!

Edited by soraya

We usually head to a Specialty Restaurant on the first night due to the chaos and menu in Blu. Things tend to settle down after the first night. The Pan Seared Filet Mignon sounds better than what I was served. I received about a tiny serving and even the waiter laughed. I could order another one but the service was so slow and we wanted to get to the theater. So we headed to the Buffet after the show.

The salmon was real good as were most of the chicken dishes.

Thanks so much for posting. We had gotten tired of the Blu menu so we were in the MDR last 2 cruises but are looking forward to being back in Blu in Oct. I agree that the first night menu leaves me less than thrilled, but the other nights look good. You would think they would want to wow you the first night with filet mignon or veal, crab, etc. Meatloaf? Not too impressive. Will probably default to every day items. Last time the chicken wasn't too good. Anyone have comments on the every day offerings?

Agree with a previous post about Constellation BLU being very good. I think we enjoyed it the most of all our BLU experiences although no complaints about BLU in general.

We were there in January for a short cruise.The chef was outstanding, staff excellent and the area is really nice. The menu may not "look sexy". but the food prep, presentations, lack of frenzy, etc really are excellent.

Would like to see a few specials now & then but otherwise we would not leave BLU for the MDR.

Thanks so much for posting. We had gotten tired of the Blu menu so we were in the MDR last 2 cruises but are looking forward to being back in Blu in Oct. I agree that the first night menu leaves me less than thrilled, but the other nights look good. You would think they would want to wow you the first night with filet mignon or veal, crab, etc. Meatloaf? Not too impressive. Will probably default to every day items. Last time the chicken wasn't too good. Anyone have comments on the every day offerings?

You can get French onion soup, shrimp cocktail and Caesar salad daily. They are not on the menu. The soup and shrimp are good.

We had a filet mignon well into the cruise. Real nasty. Small and tough. The lamb and short ribs are real good.

Edited by keesar

Agree with a previous post about Constellation BLU being very good. I think we enjoyed it the most of all our BLU experiences although no complaints about BLU in general.

We were there in January for a short cruise.The chef was outstanding, staff excellent and the area is really nice. The menu may not "look sexy". but the food prep, presentations, lack of frenzy, etc really are excellent.

Would like to see a few specials now & then but otherwise we would not leave BLU for the MDR.

Quick hijack, can I pick your brain?

You mention being on a short cruise on the Connie. I'm going on a short cruise on the Eclipse in December; but there are similar itineraries on Connie around that time where my vacation dollar would go a little further. But the combination of short/least-expensive made me slightly worried about the atmosphere/typical cruiser type (i.e., if i would inadvertently end up with a 'booze cruise' crowd). Can you tell me what the atmosphere was like on your Jan trip?