Have you ever booked 2 different cruise lines, same dates?

Wondering if anyone has done this, or if there's a reason not to...

We currently have Harmony booked for Dec 17. Found a sailing on NCL Epic for the same date that is $2,000 less (one day shorter, but port is closer to home). I'm considering going ahead and booking the NCL while we watch Harmony prices, and then cancel one of them just before the cancellation deadline. Thoughts?

Yes and it may be [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12] to decide which one. As for me I'd pick RCCL but I'm biased since I don't do NCL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes - I admit I currently have 3 cruises booked for the same week next April, on Anthem, NCL Breakaway and MSC Divina.

We go on Anthem in Oct, so I was hoping to see how we liked it so I could decide to keep it or not. Breakaway was a pretty good deal and when you mix in the free drink package & specialty dining it really a good deal. I booked MSC on a whim in the yacht club for a great price. The draw back on that one is having to fly to FL.

Again I'll get feedback from my dh when we go in Oct on Anthem to see if we should keep that one or not. I have a huge price comparison worksheet and keep checking when there are "sales" to see how much the price has changed.

I have done it for the same reasons you list.

Had NCL Escape and two RCI's booked for the same period last year, have Carnival Vista and an RCI both booked for next year at the moment.

Deposits are cheap and refundable so it keeps my options open until one of the options becomes the winner and then cancel and refund the others.

On Vista this summer so I figure at that point I will know if Vista is my choice for next spring or not.

For a minute I thought you had a split personality and each of you was going to take one of the cruises. I have never booked multiple cruises for the same time but I understand (I think) why you are doing it. My bet will be that nothing will change significantly before cancellation time and you'll be faced with the same dilemma then. As many have said on various threads on CC, pick the cruise with the ports you like at a price you can live ith and go for it.

I have never booked two different cruises for the same dates. We prefer to make a decision to start with at a price we're happy with and be done with the booking.

I know you didn't ask, but I'll venture to say that it's $2000 cheaper for a reason.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Maybe if cruise lines had "Non Refundable Deposits" , it would keep folks from booking multi ships for the same date. ??????

Maybe if cruise lines did not have "Refundable Deposits", people would not book cruises two years in advance...

They are getting interest free loans with the deposits; I would not feel too bad for the cruise lines. In the end, most ships sail full at a price the market will support.

No harm in locking in two cruises and figuring out what fits best prior to final payment.

What ever you do though, never book anything but a RCCL cruise, because RCCL is the best and only line :).

Just my 2 cents...

I haven't been on NCL for 20 years, and that was the Norway, and before Freestyle, but for $2500.00 difference, it would be a no brainer for me.

Money talks, doesn't it [emoji857] I did a 4 day on NCL , don't like the anytime Dining but still had fun. I dumped a 9 day RCL for a 12 day NCL, 2 months earlier plus a drink package for less it was a couple hundred .

At that time was booked on a 7 day Med with X , a 9 day Greek with RCL and the NCL until I made up my mind.

I cancelled the X for another X cruise in Asia.

If it wasn't for the free cancel fees, the cruise line wouldn't have any cabins for their last minute sales. That so many of Us enjoy. And, If it wasn't for refundable deposits I probably wouldn't book any til the last 60 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. I plan to have Oasis of the Seas and Disney Fantasy booked for the same week. I'll make up my mind which one I really want to take before the final payment for each.

I would be interested to know the price difference on those. Also, which month. For us, booking Oasis or Fantasy for this October, there was an almost $2000 difference.......I can't wait for our Oasis sailing ;)

The price difference is over $2000 between the Disney Fantasy and Oasis of the Seas for 2A 1K (5) in June for a Navigators Verandah in comparison to a Superior Oceanview balcony. But, I'm thinking of a Boardwalk balcony which increases the price difference to over $2500. Disney sailing is Western. I think Oasis is eastern for the time frame but that doesn't matter to me. I've been to most of the islands before.

For Disney that is with an onboard booking discount of 10% and OBC. So I really need to determine if pixie dust means that much to me.

I do it all the time.

I have 2 for Thanksgiving week.

The NFL schedule is a prime factor.

Since we have season tickets, I book a Sat-Sat voyage and a Sun - Sun voyage and it is decided when the schedule comes out.

This way we can avoid missing games.

Airfare is also a factor.........

....and then people wonder why RCI is eliminating Holds, increasing final payment deadlines, etc....

There is no reason why double booking have any negative effect?

People complain just to complain......

Yes - I admit I currently have 3 cruises booked for the same week next April, on Anthem, NCL Breakaway and MSC Divina.

We go on Anthem in Oct, so I was hoping to see how we liked it so I could decide to keep it or not. Breakaway was a pretty good deal and when you mix in the free drink package & specialty dining it really a good deal. I booked MSC on a whim in the yacht club for a great price. The draw back on that one is having to fly to FL.

Again I'll get feedback from my dh when we go in Oct on Anthem to see if we should keep that one or not. I have a huge price comparison worksheet and keep checking when there are "sales" to see how much the price has changed.

I am all about about a bargain, but you people are screwing the companies and the rest of us.

If pennies matter that much... I hope I don't cruise with you people.

Just sayin

JC

I have never booked two different cruises for the same dates. We prefer to make a decision to start with at a price we're happy with and be done with the booking.

I know you didn't ask, but I'll venture to say that it's $2000 cheaper for a reason.

Yes, that is the rational approach, apparently, that went out of fashion.

JC