Seapass colors

tonto524

Stupid question and I searched but can't find an answer: Do suites, aqua, concierge and other staterooms all have different color seapasses? I ask because on our last cruise, my gold concierge class seapass seemed kind of "showy" and I'm wondering if aqua is different, suites, etc?

Thanks,

Linda

• Thanks 1

It appears as if you have sailed on Princess or Carnival where the passengers love to wear their cards on a lanyard with all the badges and pins showing off how many times they cruised and status.

As others have stated it just shows what category you are in and I think it is more for showing the workers that you get the perks in that category such as the Persian Gardens, dining room assignment, tender priorities and etc.

I never look at others cards but I am sure many do as they will ask what my color is for and that usually indicates that they have sailed on cruise lines where the color is "important".

Some think the cabin category is important because I have seen many sitting at a bar with the card facing the server as if the color means something while tapping the bar with it. Many BTs have told me how they really despise passengers doing that and will try to avoid them as long as possible.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

It appears as if you have sailed on Princess or Carnival where the passengers love to wear their cards on a lanyard with all the badges and pins showing off how many times they cruised and status.

As others have stated it just shows what category you are in and I think it is more for showing the workers that you get the perks in that category such as the Persian Gardens, dining room assignment, tender priorities and etc.

I never look at others cards but I am sure many do as they will ask what my color is for and that usually indicates that they have sailed on cruise lines where the color is "important".

Some think the cabin category is important because I have seen many sitting at a bar with the card facing the server as if the color means something while tapping the bar with it. Many BTs have told me how they really despise passengers doing that and will try to avoid them as long as possible.

Happy cruising [emoji305][emoji568][emoji631][emoji274]

Actually, I started using a lanyard a few cruises ago as I rarely had a pocket for the card and, if I did , I would often demagnetize the card with my phone. The lanyard was a solution. But on this last cruise I felt kind of show-offish or something with that gold card hanging there for everyone to see.

My experience on Royal Caribbean has been that all cards are created equal except for suite passengers. Maybe Pinnacles have a different color - don't know. But at any rate Royal prints the loyalty level in the card as does Celebrity.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Based on the number of posts we see that start of "I'm Elite..." or similar, followed by something totally unrelated to their loyalty level, I'd say that there are more than Princess or Carnival passengers who love to display their status. :cool:

Based on the number of posts we see that start of "I'm Elite..." or similar, followed by something totally unrelated to their loyalty level, I'd say that there are more than Princess or Carnival passengers who love to display their status. :cool:

Or they start with how many days at sea they have, both total and yearly. Who cares?

Cabin category is indicated on the top of the card except on the Zenith card where it ony says "Zenith". If you are in Aqua Class you need to show card to gain access to Persian Garden. They become quite confused when a Zenith is in AQ, but doesn't have the AQ card.

There is also a Zenith pin, but very few ever wear it.

I know, silly question but what is "Inaugural Elite"? We are Elite Plus and it doesn't mean anything to me but never had "Inaugural Elite"?

Pat

First cruise for the ship? I've never seen or heard that term before unless it was the "Inaugural" cruise for that ship.

Actually, I started using a lanyard a few cruises ago as I rarely had a pocket for the card and, if I did , I would often demagnetize the card with my phone. The lanyard was a solution. .

But you probably don't have all the pins, badges, and stamps that were laminated on it. Or those that wear a vest with all that on it along with the lanyard.

Happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Or they start with how many days at sea they have, both total and yearly. Who cares?

Some don't have to do that as they list all that useles junk in their signature showing past cruises future cruises and count down clocks. I have the signature option turned off in the settings so I don't have to see it it every post that they do. Cleans up the posts and see only what was posted.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I know, silly question but what is "Inaugural Elite"? We are Elite Plus and it doesn't mean anything to me but never had "Inaugural Elite"?

Pat

Where did you hear or read the term in relation to Celebrity? I never heard the term.

Pat

First cruise for the ship? I've never seen or heard that term before unless it was the "Inaugural" cruise for that ship.

It was the by invitation only, mostly travel agents, that were invited to the Inaugural sailing of reflection.

Elite came a lot earlier, I think it was on the Ark...

It was the by invitation only, mostly travel agents, that were invited to the Inaugural sailing of reflection.

Elite came a lot earlier, I think it was on the Ark...

Perhaps we should call those who were in the first Zenith group"Inaugural Zenith".

Pat

There's no such thing as "Inaugural Elite" and no such thing as "Aqua Class Elite" either.

Take another look at that card again, and then at the one directly above it. The latter says, on two separate lines, "Aqua Class" and "Elite Member". It doesn't say "Aqua Class Elite Member". The card to which you refer similarly has "Inaugural" on one line and "Elite Member" on a second and should not be interpreted as saying "Inaugural Elite Member".

Here are the cards with the folio numbers erased:

The original Celebrity Cruises card had seven bars (seas) on each side of the X

For a while there were only elite stickers.

Then Celebrity Cruises was removed and new cards had an < on the left side of the card.

White cards were replaced with basic blue.

Silver/Platinum turned to grey for Suites.

There were no Black Zenith Cards when the program was announced so our basic balcony cabin card (Blue) had the word Zenith printed on it. The gold star on the card indicated it was a special designation with no perks. Although we were promoted to Zenith, the program started one day after we set sail and only those sailing from the next day (November 25) onwards received Zenith benefits. It was a long Transatlantic... :')

Celebrity%20Keycards_zpschuq900l.png