How to get to old HAL website (as per chat with agent)

CJcruzer

Ihad to reboot my iPad today, it froze and also decided to clear history (and probably cookies went with that) and that is when I "experienced" the new HAL site with the spinning circle of doom. I was looking up a specific cruise month and ship, and there were 2 results - BUT I could have gone on the cruise and been back home before that spinning circle would stop :D

I went to the chat section and the advice to get the OLD SITE (which THEY USE)is

http://www.hollandamerica.com?ASCookie=RSOrigin

So then I dropped the question, oh so you use the old site still also! Hmmm, interesting - what message should that send to us!

Anyway I hope this info helps some of those who were struggling with the new site - Sail comes to mind, but I am sure there are others.

I hope your thread does not get removed because there is one already that says single thread.

Thank you for sharing that link. I have a cruise about 40 days away and I am on guarantee. The new website seems to have omitted the main "reservation" page where I go to see if I have been assigned a cabin and so for a few days I could not check. I still have no assignment, but I can at least check again.

That new website should be taken off the air until it is ready for people. Whatever happened to TESTING before going live/production. IMO too many website overhauls have gone this way live without testing. I have been through several. My guess is that these IT whiz people have never booked a cruise or managed a cruise ever.

I was debating adding it to the merged into a single thread posting - but felt if I gave it a heading and posting of its own, it would attract more attention to those who are at their wit's end! LOL:o

If it does get moved to that posting, that is fine.

I was debating adding it to the merged into a single thread posting - but felt if I gave it a heading and posting of its own, it would attract more attention to those who are at their wit's end! LOL:o

If it does get moved to that posting, that is fine.

LOL, well it worked with me. I was one of those. I wonder Why oh Why do they do things like this???

I sure hope they don't take that link down now because we are using it and not the new website.

I've been wondering why there seems to be so much more merging of threads together here on the HAL board than on other CC boards. It's pretty frustrating. I agree it is helpful to calling attention to known issues when multiple contributors are allowed to express their experiences under different headings.

Ihad to reboot my iPad today, it froze and also decided to clear history (and probably cookies went with that) and that is when I "experienced" the new HAL site with the spinning circle of doom. I was looking up a specific cruise month and ship, and there were 2 results - BUT I could have gone on the cruise and been back home before that spinning circle would stop :D

I went to the chat section and the advice to get the OLD SITE (which THEY USE)is

So then I dropped the question, oh so you use the old site still also! Hmmm, interesting - what message should that send to us!

Anyway I hope this info helps some of those who were struggling with the new site - Sail comes to mind, but I am sure there are others.

Thanks for the link, Carol! I too was weary of the "spinning circle of doom!" What were they thinking when they designed the new web page? It is a waste of time. I bookmarked the old page link.

Karen

LOL, well it worked with me. I was one of those. I wonder Why oh Why do they do things like this???

I sure hope they don't take that link down now because we are using it and not the new website.

Since the old site is also active and many people (including staff!) are still using it, I doubt HAL will bother to disable that link until they've got the new site running properly. And even then, they may forget it. There's a lot of abandoned stuff on the web. For a few years after the Norway was gone, her deck plans were still on the NCL site. No links from within the site, but if you had an old bookmark, you could pull up those pages.

Thank you, Carol, for the helpful info!!!

Thank you for posting this very helpful information! For my computer, for some reason, I’ve been able to access the “old” site in regular browsing in Chrome and the “new” site in incognito/private mode. I know that doesn’t work for everyone. When I “chatted” last week, the agent told me it was impossible for 1 person to access both the old and new sites because they were targeting IP addresses, and I don’t think they believed me when I said, “I’ve got each one up in different browsers.” I wanted to know what the protocol was for accessing either.

Glad you found an agent who gave you something concrete! And thanks again for sharing!

XOXOXOXOX for the link to the old HAL website.

One needs to take Bonine when trying to use the "new" HA: website. Spinning balls of death will do that to you.

I hope someone pins this thread so we can find it more easily.

I tried to find deck plans on the new site, and couldn't. Lots of ads for activities, but no way to find the location of a given room.

All I could find on the old site were the PDF files which were pretty small.

My normal third party deck plans site still shows Shore Excursions on Deck 1 on the Nieuw Amsterdam.

Weirdly enough, my bookmarked HAL site had changed to the new site, but this morning, when I clicked on my bookmark I got a response that the page was no longer available. I wonder what that means. Now I have two HAL bookmarks, so I can follow along!

Weirdly enough, my bookmarked HAL site had changed to the new site, but this morning, when I clicked on my bookmark I got a response that the page was no longer available. I wonder what that means. Now I have two HAL bookmarks, so I can follow along!
Mine still worked just now.

I think they're trying to dazzle us with all that graphics, and I just want the information.

The new site w/ the itineraries that shows the map moving from port to port seems cute the first time, but I got tired of it too soon, and went to list view. All those fancy graphics slow down the site thanks to all the coding you need to get such a look.

Mine still worked just now.

I think they're trying to dazzle us with all that graphics, and I just want the information.

The new site w/ the itineraries that shows the map moving from port to port seems cute the first time, but I got tired of it too soon, and went to list view. All those fancy graphics slow down the site thanks to all the coding you need to get such a look.

(bold is is mine) Anybody know the "Razzle Dazzle" song from "Chicago"????

When I get to the old HAL website I see the updated pdf with exc in the Crows Nest. The old atrium exc location has no label, so no idea what's going to be in that space. The cabins and labels do look very small, but when I open a pdf, I get a + and - to make them larger or smaller. Do you get that on your screen? You may have to move the mouse around to make it appear.

I was wondering also what they will do with the now empty shore excursions area next to the front desk..... extend their front desk area? Doesn't seem like the space would be large enough to put in anything? (gelato station comes to mind LOL) - or maybe storage for the Park West art? Already the wine tasting area nearby is "dead space" - never have seen anybody or anything going on there when I have passed by.

I was wondering also what they will do with the now empty shore excursions area next to the front desk..... extend their front desk area? Doesn't seem like the space would be large enough to put in anything? (gelato station comes to mind LOL) - or maybe storage for the Park West art? Already the wine tasting area nearby is "dead space" - never have seen anybody or anything going on there when I have passed by.

I think that's where the new Rijks museum displays are slated to be?

When it's near the front desk, tours office and counter next to the front desk are small. At least that's what I recall from Amsterdam. But on K'dam, it's down on deck 1 (not by the front desk), with lots of "stations" for Exc staff to help passengers. It's about half of the atrium. I think this is a good place for it. On our cruise, the gangway was always on 1, so it would be easy for passengers to stop by the Exc desk with any questions before they go ashore, instead of looking for someone shoreside. Now Exc is moving way up in the Crows Nest. Will the Exc staff offices be up there, too, or will they have to migrate up there whenever the area is open for help and bookings?