What's your least favorite pre-cruise chore?

bepsf

My last CHORE is taking our baby girl to the Kennels:( Hate leaving her!! Wish there was a way I could smuggle her on board, but I know I'd look really funny being towed behind the ship while walking her:D

Same for us Joanie. It's like trying to haul two giant moose. They get so excited that they're going for a ride that it's almost impossible to get them and all their stuff in the car. We get one in and just pray that he stays there when we open the door to put the second one in. The look on their faces once we get them there is priceless though; Kind of like, "you tricked me!".

Talking to the kids about what to do " if " God for bid Pa and I don't make it back home. ie who to call ,where all the important papers ,Dad's business.etc. etc.

They usually just roll their eyes and say "Mom, everything will be fine,why do you worry so much/"

"'Cause that's my job....'cause that's my job.":)

Making sure all the t's are crossed and the i's dotted. I always manage to forget something, the mail, the newspaper, the trash and it is always something different everytime. Last trip, not a cruise was just an overnighter I forgot to get someone to take care of the dog!!! Please don't call the ASPCA, my parents live a mile away so they took care of her.

As for the poster who does the "what if" speech..we get it everytime my parents fly somewhere but when they are taking a road trip they don't say anything. Isn't it more dangerous to drive a car than fly in a plane?

Have to go with the pre-cruise house cleaning as the thing I like the least. After being on a ship where everything is pretty much spotless and not even having to make your own bed it's just nice to come home to a squared away house. As for the pets we have a pet sitter come in and take care of the cats....our cats freak out too much going to the cat hotel....and feed the tropical fish.

I'll go with the housecleaning. After living on a spotless HAL ship ... it's hard to come home to anything less.

So true Donna! Also I want the house clean because my neighbor friend comes over every day to take care of the cat while we're gone.

And for me the airport/flying is the pits too. I'm a white knuckle flyer on the best of days. :(

Remember how your mother couldn't remember if she shut off the coffee pot half-way to the airport? Well. That's sort of the insane feeling I get when I leave. Is the dryer running, did I remember to turn down the heat, all that fun stuff. Makes it exciting, but not for my significant other.:)

I have to go with the pre cuise house cleaning. I want to come home to a clean house and fresh sheets on the bed.

Suse, one cruise we were well out of town when I was certain I had forgotten to lock the back door. We turned around and drove back. Not only had I forgotten to lock the door, we found all our formal clothes hanging from the inside of said door. :o Needless to say we double check everything now.

Archived