Admittance to Elite lounges

zoncom

When you check in, they give you a white card that is your admission to the elite lounge. The cruise critic hostess was stationed outside the lounge for the whole two hours from 4 to 6 and you had to show your card to her to gain admission.

Yes, and this card is seperate from you Seapass card which also has on it Elite...

Hi,

Yes, you will likely be given the separate white card that is your admission ticket to the Elite Members Lounge at Michael's Club.

I do believe, however, that use of the card depends somewhat on the number of Elite members present on any given cruise. When we were aboard Millennium in September, when using Michael's Club (which we did, daily, and loved it!) our white card was not checked once.

Yet, I seem to recall reading on another thread in this forum that when the Elite Members Lounge had to be moved to the observation lounge that they checked cards.

Go with the flow and enjoy your new perk! :D

CM

On a Med cruise on the Equinox in October we did not have too many Elites. She still checked off your name on a list when you arrived. Never really needed the card. In the morning, no one ever checked anything. It was usually empty. My 8 people getting coffee and rolls.

On a Med cruise on the Equinox in October we did not have too many Elites. She still checked off your name on a list when you arrived. Never really needed the card. In the morning, no one ever checked anything. It was usually empty. My 8 people getting coffee and rolls.

I guess in the morning that non-elites could sneak in for a bloody mary? :)

Our white card had the dates of our cruise on it. We only showed it once. The same staff were on duty everyday, and the CC hostess soon recognised her regulars!

We really enjoyed our pre dinner Kir royale and good conversation!

Well done Celebrity

Angie

The Capt Club rep checked against a list the first day and you had to show the card and leave it on the table to get drinks.

Mind you there were 350 Elites on Board ( and over 500 Select) for the 10/23 Holy Land Cruise on the Equinox according to the CC rep.

I suspect this is way above normal.

Nevertheless we were able to bring along our cruising companion couple without issue.

When we sailed Infinity Sept 25 we went every evening to the Michaels Club. Maria, the Captain's Club Hostess stood by the door each evening. By the 2nd night she recognized the Elite members. The bar servers, Robert and Trisha recognized us all and so there was never a problem. Love that perk.

We will be sailing on Friday and we are so looking forward to this new perk. I didn't know that your seapass card showed how many cruises you have.

It doesn't show that number......I have my card here from this past

weekend on Equinox. It has "Elite Member" on it but not the amount

of cruises.

We had 300 Elites on our cruise and our card was checked every single day of the 14 we were on the ship.

Wow! We just sailed Mercury and we were carded the first day and then never did it again.I guess the Hostess gets used to the faces.She seemed able to know who to card after a couple of days.People would wander into the lounge and she jumped right on them.

We didn't have 300 people,The room was never that busy and there were more than enough servers walking around.Our drinks were being replaced before we finished the ones we had.

Sounds ideal

Mind you, if your seapass card says elite wonder why they go to the effort of giving us another card?

I am very keen to minimise the number of cards I have to lose each cruise :) but I will do my usual and give anything that matters to my husband to look after

We found that there was no carding at Michael's in the morning (it was usually rather empty), but carding in the evening, with the CC hostess stationed outside the lounge. Both lounges had a sign outside indicating that this was a private CC event. Neither the Seapass nor the elite card indicates number of cruises, though the elite card has the cruise dates on it. I would always bring the card along just in case.

I just checked my card and it doesn't have the number of cruises, just says Elite....

It doesn't show that number......I have my card here from this past

weekend on Equinox. It has "Elite Member" on it but not the amount

of cruises.

Thank you both for checking, I did not remember seeing it on any of my cards so I checked but my last cruise was in April. So I thought it might be something new.

Laura

There was also talk on here about WHO would be allowed into the "Elite Club." I can now tell you that NOTHING is set in stone other than ELITE! It matters not if you are in a Penthouse Suite...it's up to the Hotel Manager on each cruise to decide if it will be open to higher suites.

On our Mercury cruise last week, it had been moved to the Pavillion Nightclub, a bigger lounge than Michael's, but it was decided that on the cruise of Nov. 9th, that NO one other than Elite could enter. We got to know Angela, the Captain's Club hostess very well during the cruise, and she wasn't very happy about the decision, along with the butlers, and even some of the Elites that spoke up (according to one of the Butlers, there were only 6 additional people in those higher suites that we're kept out of Michael's Club.)

I had a FANTASTIC time on the cruise, and can tell you..I slept until 10 on sea days, and enjoyed the free time in the afternoon for tea on the balcony, or just enjoying a good movie, a warm bath and a nap! I can honestly say with late seating to dinner, we would have never used it! (But it's NICE to be invited!)

We DID enjoy all of the Elite Coupons, dinner with the Captain, bridge and engine room tours!:D

As of this cruise...we ARE now Elite to go with our Suite, and I will still say...those higher paying suites SHOULD be allowed a few free drinks if they should be allowed to use the lounge! In ONE cruise, they've spent more than someone who did 10 (3) day RCCL cruises for Diamond, which automatically made them Elite!

Take Care!

Jaime

Sounds ideal

Mind you, if your seapass card says elite wonder why they go to the effort of giving us another card?

I am very keen to minimise the number of cards I have to lose each cruise :) but I will do my usual and give anything that matters to my husband to look after

I wondered the same thing.....Usually when something like this is done, it is because they had a bad experience with someone in the past...

Archived