Disappointing balcony view on Radiance of the Seas

Anyone had 8022 or 8024 on Radiance. How's the view?

Kathy

I have not stayed in either 8022 or 8024 but can show you a picture I took from the bridge that shows the port side forward cabins. The people in the picture are on deck 9. There is not a straight view down to the water and, if you stand at the rail and look straight down, you can see the exposed portion of the deck 7 balconies. When you're sitting on your balcony looking out at the ocean the view will be great and unobstructed. You'll love our favorite ship. :)

IMG_5615-1.jpg

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

I have not stayed in either 8022 or 8024 but can show you a picture I took from the bridge that shows the port side forward cabins. The people in the picture are on deck 9. There is not a straight view down to the water and, if you stand at the rail and look straight down, you can see the exposed portion of the deck 7 balconies. When you're sitting on your balcony looking out at the ocean the view will be great and unobstructed. You'll love our favorite ship. :)

IMG_5615-1.jpg

Thanks again for another great picture. I will have a room on that side on deck 7 about half way up. I'm really excited about the open ended extension to the balcony and being that far down with a clear view down to the water. I think I'll look up sometimes, too. I wonder if anyone will drop anything good down on my balcony. :)

Gina

Thanks again for another great picture. I will have a room on that side on deck 7 about half way up. I'm really excited about the open ended extension to the balcony and being that far down with a clear view down to the water. I think I'll look up sometimes, too. I wonder if anyone will drop anything good down on my balcony. :)

Gina

You're welcome. Here's a pic of somone looking up and I think she has an adult beverage in her hand. You never know what might land on your balcony......let's hope it's something really good. ;) Enjoy your extended balcony. We had a similar balcony on Princess that was half covered, half exposed. I loved it!

I don't think we've cruised together before. Hopefully we will one day soon.

RadianceE1balcony-1.jpg

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Thanks for all this information. We are booked in 7092 but after reading all this we have sent an email to see if we can change to 8088. The cruise has only just been released in Australia so hopefully no one has grabbed the cabin yet.

Will let you know what happens.

G'day Eileen,

According to that unmentionable website 8088 is not available, so I hope you snagged it! I see that the next level up D2 is still available though.

Good luck!

Anyone have experience with 7144-7146? I have friends staying in these 2 connecting cabins and hope they won't be disappointed if the view is of the lifeboat covers. I have a feeling they won't be in their cabin too much (6 girls:D) but would like to give them a head's-up!

Don’t get me wrong, the June 4th 2010 cruise to Alaska was wonderful despite my disappointment with the view. Great service, good food and a great ship but the view out of our cabin was disappointing.

Our cabin along with the surrounding cabins (left, right and above) are above the lifeboats, a canopy covers the lifeboats, so what you see when on your balcony is non accessible 15 foot (approx) canopy beyond your railing. No view below the cabin and no view of the water. Side note: while leaving Juno there was a whale swimming alongside the ship, we couldn’t see it, until it swam away from the ship and far enough to clear the canopy. We didn’t bother to investigate the balcony prior to booking the cruise, we’d had a balcony on Freedom and that one was fabulous. Made the assumption that the balcony on the Radiance would be equal, we were wrong. I think like most cruisers we started out on our first cruse in an inside cabin. Next cruise moved to an outside and then finally made the move to a balcony on the Freedom of the Seas. It made a big difference on Freedom and was well worth the extra money but I don’t think it’s worth the extra on Radiance and maybe its sister ships. You might want to check it out before you book.

Attached are two views.

People are always asking why they should use a TA instead of booking themselves....I think you may have found a good reason why;)

Gina

Some jerk threw a cigarette on to our balcony that landed in our daughters hair.Of course they were gone from above by the time security arrived.Scary.

People are always asking why they should use a TA instead of booking themselves....I think you may have found a good reason why;)

As it is we did use a travel agent to book the rooms, when we followed up with him he said he had no info on the obstruction.:mad:

Some jerk threw a cigarette on to our balcony that landed in our daughters hair.Of course they were gone from above by the time security arrived.Scary.

There sure are a lot of boneheads, aren't there? People don't realize when they throw a light object like a cigarette off a balcony, the moving ship pulls it right back in......just like if you spit out your drivers side window with all the windows down, it goes right back in the back window.

I would say that those rooms (on all decks above the extended balconies) including the balconies should be completely non-smoking. Many people are still amazingly rude with their cigarette smoking habits....they toss them anywhere and everywhere - lit, too.

Gina

Edited by mommabean

G'day Eileen,

According to that unmentionable website 8088 is not available, so I hope you snagged it! I see that the next level up D2 is still available though.

Good luck!

Yeah, the Aussie TA rang RCCL and 8088 is available as well as 8086 (which is dearer than 8088 - go figure!) anyway, we have decided to take 8086 as it seems a bit lighter and has more of the front view. 8088 seems to be a bit more boxed in from the photos. I hope we have made the right decision. Time will tell. :D

Found some pics of 9076 on the Serenade, which is a similar cabin but next deck up...

Ship - Serenade of the Seas

Deck - 9

Stateroom # - 9076

Stateroom Category – D1

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Quiet, no problems.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view out and forward

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversized

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No

Any other comments? - Mid ship. Near elevators. Pullman bed.

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_1133.jpg

• 8 months later...
You are right....it will be a great view. We have booked 1026 for next May. I'll keep it unless I don't think I can stand a cabin that size. :rolleyes: I really prefer a JS and if the prices drop much, I'll move on up. :)

We've been on deck 10 on Radiance plenty of times and the view is great - lifeboat covers or not. But I think those forward cabins will be even better.

Gina

Hey there I see you are in 1026 in May,we are in 1026 in October if you stick with that cabin could you let me know how the view was.

We've had 7600 and 7092. 7600 better view straight down, but a much smaller balcony. 7092 huge balcony, but a slightly obstructed view forward - great view aft though. We have 9078 booked for NYE on Jewel - think of it as a 7092 balcony with a 7600 view:) We snagged 1100 for March 2012 primarily for the balcony. Views of water passing by the ship don't trump comfortable digs:)

• 8 years later...
19 hours ago, DonnaMarieNJ said:

I'll be in 7588 on the Radiance this Sunday.  I'm very disappointed.  I saw this thread too late to change and both the TA and Royal claim the view is NOT obstructed.  I'll know on Sunday.... 😒

It’s not considered an obstructed view.  You can still see the water by looking straight out.  You just can’t see the water by looking straight down.   

Your going to Hawaii!! I'm on next years sailing and am excited for you. the views you want will be fully exposed to you as they wont be within a few feet of the ship but out towards the horizon. Take some binoculars with you for what I am sure  will be spectacular coastal sights!

Enjoy your trip and please report back with some current observations as there are few reports on this ship, which most folks seem to consider one of their favorites among the fleet.