Which Ship Has the Best Entertainment?

Milwaukeeee

Just got off the Eurodam, Baltic Cruise, and only negative I had was my view that the evening entertainment was too filled with ship singers and dancers.

Which ship do you nominate for the best cruise entertainment on the big stage?

Just got off the Eurodam, Baltic Cruise, and only negative I had was my view that the evening entertainment was too filled with ship singers and dancers.

Entertainment is not our top priority, but I would say RCL has the best big show entertainment. I would think the larger the ship the greater the probability for better entertainment.

The best entertainment we've ever had at sea was on Cunard QM2 and Disney Magic.

The rest of our cruises (Carnival, RCI, NCL, etc...) it was knock off Las Vegas style revue shows. Same style semi talented singers, dancers are always pretty good, but the shows just lack anything original.

The worst we ever had was on Celebrity Infinity, but I didn't attend all the shows, I just couldn't.

Disney ships have Disney quality shows

maybe not Broadway quality but IMHO a LOT closer then

any other line I've sailed over the last 25 years.

Of course if you don't like Disney's style you won't like the show.

But from a theatrical quality angle, I believe they are hard to beat.

oh . p.s.

my last cruise was an RCL

nice, but not close to DCL in my book

excuse a followup post here please, but allow discussion of an alternative . . .

Some cruises offer 'entertainment' without a show.

WINDSTAR has virtually no entertainers.

Only casual elegance

an open bridge

the sea and the stars

no rep' here; just one longing to go back!

I think Crystal has the best entertainment program on the seas - and wonderful speakers as well. But, even the worst shows on any ship are usually okay. If you see a lot of people sitting near the way back of a show, when seats up front are empty, take that as a sign that you might want to scoot out early too.

• 1 year later...

Certainly no expert as have only cruised Celebrity, Princess & RCL but would have to say that RCL have the best evening entertainment that we have seen. One of my favourite shows was "las Pampas Gauchos"....I think that was what they were called....they are South American cowboys & put on an amazing show. Would love to know if they are still performing on cruise ships??

Cheers,

Gaye :)

To be a contrarian. MSC has by far the highest level of Entertainment.

On a recent 7 day cruise in the Caribbean.

One night was the typical Singers and Dancers in a 50's style show.

One night was a troupe of Chinese Acrobats and Chinese Yo-Yo performance.

One night was an Italian Tenor and Italian Soprano singing Opera.

One night was a Cirque du Soleil type catchall show

One night featured a Russian Bar performance

One night featured a Juggler/Magician.

No nights featured pop songs of North America.

No Nights featured ANY Comedian

No Nights featured anything that could be called tacky.

The level of Entertainment was above and beyond anything on the typical North American Cruise lines.

The Italian Tenor has been featured in Operas in Italy, On TV in various European locales.

The entertainers also stayed on the same floor as guests (On the Orchestra, it was deck 7) and they could eat with the passengers and mingle as they saw fit. It was not uncommon to find ourselves sharing the Elevator with the entertainers and we spent a good 20 minutes talking to the Tenor on deck. (He was Italian/Egyptian/Jewish)

The best entertainment we've had was on our one NCL cruise on the Jewel on a transatlantic. The production shows were a step up from others and the guest entertainers were great too.

We were really surprised at the quality of entertainment on this ship. The Circue de Bijou show was especially good.

Here is the link to CC Cruisers Choice Awards ratings for entertainment. This is the tabulated result of over 82,000 CCers who submitted reviews.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberpoll_all.cfm?rating=Ent&sort=Highest

I am a very frequent cruiser who has sailed all the newest ships of the biggest cruise lines. Without a doubt, the best overall entertainment is on Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas. What makes it so great isn't only the quality of the Broadway shows (Chicago and Hairspray), but the shows throughout the week aren't all in the same theater. Aside from the main theater, there is the Aqua Theater on the stern of the ship with high dive acts, comedy, and other acrobatics, Studio B (ice show), and the Comedy Club.

When it comes to nightlife, there are 2 venues with live band dance music (Dazzles and Boleros), a DJ (Blaze), a softer music band (Viking Crown), a guitarists playing sing-along music in the English pub, and sing-along music being played in the Schooner Bar. And if all that isn't enough, they play 3D movies in the main theater and night movies in the Aqua Theater.

The only other ship that even came close was Norwegian Epic. While I found Blue Man Group to be boring after a while, I know it is popular with others. The quality of entertainment on that ship is also top notch.

I'm jaded and bored-to-death with "standard" cruise entertainment ... and the shows on Oasis of the Seas absolutely blew me away. I love RCI's ice shows, but the diving shows and the production shows were also great as well, not to mention the comedy shows.

From the various cruise lines I have experienced, I think NCL has the slight edge.

I have not been on the Oasis or Allure of the Seas, but from what I've read here on CC, they seem to offer the most variety, again due to their sheer size advantage, that they can.

I am especially intrigued with seeing a full 'Broadway' show or play, that they offer, rather than the usual 'Salute to ..........' type show that others typically offer.

I'm jaded and bored-to-death with "standard" cruise entertainment ... and the shows on Oasis of the Seas absolutely blew me away. I love RCI's ice shows, but the diving shows and the production shows were also great as well, not to mention the comedy shows.

I agree completely. Plus, the ice shows and Aqua Theater shows have no competition because no other cruise line has them. The whole singers and dancers theme on most other ships has gotten old. They are pretty much all the same.

I've been on most of the popular lines and I'm biased toward NCL up front but I think the NCL Epic has it hands down for the best "Entertainment" ship.

Fat Cats blues, Dueling Pianos, Second City Live, Cirque Dreams and Dinner, Blue Man Group, Spice H20 and POSH club. Unbelievable entertainment!

Archived