Do you like the bed near the balcony on S class

Dena

We like the bed near the balcony so that you can just lie there and watch the sea go by....also to have the door open during the night for some fresh air and the sound of the water sending you off to sleep....very relaxing !! :)

We're off on Eclipse on Saturday and looking forward to doing just that!!:)

Yes, we really liked it that way for the reason stated above and also because it seemed easier to keep the stateroom not cluttered with all our stuff...we liked it enough that we will purposely find that location for all of our "S" class cruises!!(but...trust me....if there wasn't a single bed at balcony open we'd muddle through with it near the bath!!!!:D:D)

We liked the bed by the bath. It was nice to have the seating areas close to the balcony and the desk area is nice for getting ready in the evening (me) while DH lounges! It is still possible to get a nice breeze and listen to the ocean with the bed further from the door.

We've had the bed by the balcony...only negative for us was for the person (me) who had to get up and around the bed and past the little table and the chair, etc., to the bathroom in the middle of the night....I was usually completely awake by the time I'd traversed the room. There is a night light in the bathroom, which helps, by the way.

My sister and her husband had the bed near the bath and liked it....as someone else said, not a deal breaker. I think I'd choose the bed near the bath if I could.

Prefer the bed by the balcony. Makes the cabin feel much more open when you walk in the door. Plus I didn't have to constantly keep walking around the bed when going from the bathroom to the vanity to do my air and make-up. Older eyes require different lighting and mirrors and I spend a lot of time going back and forth.

My first experience with this arrangement was on the Jewel of the Seas. I remarked then, that I thought it was a better set-up than the Century and Millennnium class. Glad it is now on option on Solstice class. Key is knowing how to figure it out.

This is SO interesting!! We've been in both type rooms and much prefer the bed by the bathroom - we feel that opens up the room more with the "living room" (couch) and balcony area next to each other! But it was also the configuration of our first balcony cruise so maybe that influences how we feel! Usually I'm also the early riser and its great being able to sit by/on the balcony without having to disturb DH! And we usually have bk on the balcony and it seems to give us more room if we're eating and getting ready for a tour.

But as has been said - it wouldn't be a deal breaker!! And I guess Celebrity realizes choice is a wonderful thing as they design the newer ships - everyone can be happy!!

This is SO interesting!! We've been in both type rooms and much prefer the bed by the bathroom - we feel that opens up the room more with the "living room" (couch) and balcony area next to each other! But it was also the configuration of our first balcony cruise so maybe that influences how we feel! Usually I'm also the early riser and its great being able to sit by/on the balcony without having to disturb DH! And we usually have bk on the balcony and it seems to give us more room if we're eating and getting ready for a tour.

But as has been said - it wouldn't be a deal breaker!! And I guess Celebrity realizes choice is a wonderful thing as they design the newer ships - everyone can be happy!!

I couldn't agree more with you. I chose the bed near the bath and made exactly the same points you have. Plus, my spouse is in the bathroom at least once every night and I know it would wake me up, not to mention he would probably kill himself tripping over the table. I also like to get up early and I can get right out of bed and right out on the balcony. I haven't been on the Solstice yet, (May 2011) but I have seen video on youtube of the rooms. Thank you for confirming my points.

We were on the 8/15 Solstice sailing. We had adjoining cabins, one with each bed type. I found the bed by the balcony strange. We are used to the M and C class ships and they all have the bed near the bathroom (with a sofa near the balcony). My only complaint with the bed near the bathroom on the Solstice is it makes access to the closet hard. Also the closets on the S class ships are half the size of the closets on the M & C class ships. Not a big deal for a week, but would have definately been a big deal when we were on the Infinity for 6 weeks straight !!!

To whoever asked above, no, the bed cannot be moved. There are also cabinets and a sort of "frame" that are supposed to be above the bed, it would look strange if they were above the sitting area.

It always kills me whenever this debate happens on the boards. Some people act like it's a life-or-death issue as to where the bed is located. As far as I can tell, the main reason is perceived size: someone said the bed-by-bath arrangement was bigger, and that erroneous belief has stuck. Can you prefer one over the other? Yes, of course. But if you get the undesirable configuration, is it really the worst thing in the world? Don't sweat the small stuff.

Near bathroom. We enjoy the sitting area next to the balcony when it is too cool in the a.m for early morning coffee outdoors.

ALSO...I like the natural daylight by the desk for doing my makeup and hair.:)

Infi, this isn't really a debate. Just our personal opinions to help out the Op who has a choice.

To whoever asked above, no, the bed cannot be moved. There are also cabinets and a sort of "frame" that are supposed to be above the bed, it would look strange if they were above the sitting area.

It always kills me whenever this debate happens on the boards. Some people act like it's a life-or-death issue as to where the bed is located. As far as I can tell, the main reason is perceived size: someone said the bed-by-bath arrangement was bigger, and that erroneous belief has stuck. Can you prefer one over the other? Yes, of course. But if you get the undesirable configuration, is it really the worst thing in the world? Don't sweat the small stuff.

Really is there something wrong with preferring it one way or the other? I think not...it IS small stuff...but shoot if you can have it the way you prefer than go for it....I prefer next to the balcony...but the only really important thing is that there IS INDEED A BED!! but next to the balcony is preferred!!!:D:D:D

Definitely the bed near the balcony is by far the best location . Enjoying the sound of the sea & the fresh sea air with the slider wide open is a delight . It also makes for a much better cabin arrangement .

I guess you haven't read the HAL board and threads on how keeping the balcony doors open messes up the air conditioning for all connected through the same vents. Maybe the system is differant on these ships, but HAL requests that they be kept closed for this reason. There have been reports from those on both Veendam and Maasdam with air conditioning problems.

When the bed is by the balcony do you or your other sleep by the balcony?

When the bed is by the bathroom do you or your other sleep by the bathroom?

When the bed is by the balcony do you sometime forget you were going into port and left the drapes open?

I've had both and prefer the bed near the bath. Found that when the bed was near the balcony there was a tendency to hit the front of the bed when walking toward the balcony. Thought it was only klutzy me, but I noticed others doing it as well. Also found the closet toward the wall very difficult to access. Only my preference and I'm willing to sleep wherever the bed might be so long as I'm on a ship.

Definitely the balcony! We often cruise with three. It is nearly impossible to get to the balcony when the sofa bed is open. My "relaxation" image is always on a balcony lounge with a soft breeze and a silvery moon or dark starry sky.

Yes, I would take the other configuration but only after a prolonged search for a balcony/bed Naturally, the destinations would be a strong influence.

Blessings,

Just home from Solstice and the bed was near the balcony. I liked it:)

and I miss the ship:(....I even had to go grocery shopping and have

nobody to make me a drink:eek:

Archived