Do All Solariums have hammocks??

I was looking at pics of the Freedom of the Seas and noticed their solarium has hammocks in it. We're going on Allure in May and I wonder if that boat has hammocks in it's solarium? Can anyone that's been on Oasis answer this?? I assume if they have them on Oasis they will have them on Allure.

I was looking at pics of the Freedom of the Seas and noticed their solarium has hammocks in it. We're going on Allure in May and I wonder if that boat has hammocks in it's solarium? Can anyone that's been on Oasis answer this?? I assume if they have them on Oasis they will have them on Allure.

I remember when Sandra Brown (Travel channel?) was on Freedom and she was in a hammock. When we were going on Freedom I was SO Excited because I wanted to try one of those.....couldn't find them anywhere. They must have taken them out.

I thought the solarium was for adults only. On the Samantha Brown show recently aired on the Travel Channel, there were kids in the hot tub in the solarium.

16 and older. There are signs posted in the Solarium and they do enforce it. I do know I read on CC that there is a time for kids (not sure the ages) in the evenings I think in the Solarium for like an hour, but can't recall what post I saw that in. My guess is the Samantha Brown scene was totally staged and they asked specific people to participate in the shoot.

I have sailed Mariner, Freedom, and Liberty, and I have never seen a hammock onboard.

I have seen double swings in the Solarium. I'm sure they were on Liberty (our most recent ship), but I can't say with 100% certainty whether they were on our other ships.

i haven't been on the freedom class; but I've been on many a RCCL including the Allure (just got off her today) and have never seen a hammock. Don't see hammocks as a cruise thing. There are many a hammock on RCCL CocoCay and Labadee.

It's a Freedom class thing. :)

Hmm. It can't be a Freedom class thing if I, and others, didn't see them on Liberty. Saw the swings, though. They were always occupied. :(

And just a heads up that those round loungers on Oasis were, IMO, pretty nasty. They smelled and were sticky, I guess from people's sweat and sunblock, and who knows what else if you know what I mean. Just grossed me out. :p IMO, obviously.

Hmm. It can't be a Freedom class thing if I, and others, didn't see them on Liberty. Saw the swings, though. They were always occupied. :(

And just a heads up that those round loungers on Oasis were, IMO, pretty nasty. They smelled and were sticky, I guess from people's sweat and sunblock, and who knows what else if you know what I mean. Just grossed me out. :p IMO, obviously.

Well, it started as a Freedom class thing. Perhaps they removed them on the Liberty? I have only cruised on her twice, and now I am doubting my memory. :rolleyes: I'll be on the Independence in April, and I'll pay more attention. :)

I was gonna say just book a corner aft cabin and put one in your balcony, then I forgot the Oasis doesn't have those... that has to be her only downside

What an interesting idea. We have a corner aft booked on Brilliance. How would we hang it?

We sailed on the Freedom in April and looked for the hammocks onboard. We were told by an RCCL rep that they had been permanently removed. Not sure why.

Probably a liability issue. I could see someone not being too careful about getting in our out, falling, and whacking their head on the frame or the tile floor.

They were not on Freedom when we were onboard in September 2009.

Liberty does not.

We sailed on the Freedom in April and looked for the hammocks onboard. We were told by an RCCL rep that they had been permanently removed. Not sure why.

Ah, sometimes it takes a little thing to jog my memory!

Liberty had them on the pre-inaugural sailing which I enjoyed.

We joked at the time that we could see people swinging and swiiiiingiiiiiing and swiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiingiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing and swiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiingiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing until they were hurled clean overboard! :eek: ;) :D

Archived