Michael's Club Elite Perk

Meena

I've seen how crowded Michael's Club can get on the M class ships during Happy Hour. I also realize that the Captain's Club host/hostess cannot move the location without the ok from head office.

I am wondering what the Happy Hour is like on the S class ships? With that many more people in the Elite level, can everyone possible fit? ( I mean comfortably, no standing please)

I've seen how crowded Michael's Club can get on the M class ships during Happy Hour. I also realize that the Captain's Club host/hostess cannot move the location without the ok from head office.

I am wondering what the Happy Hour is like on the S class ships? With that many more people in the Elite level, can everyone possible fit? ( I mean comfortably, no standing please)

It was reported that Eclipse on the Transatlantic had 850+/- Elites, held in the Sky Observation lounge, which has seating for about 200 (?)

They don't hold it in Michaels Club on S class. They use the lounge at the front of the ship (name escapes me at the moment)

I thought the number of Elites on board any given sailing determined whether or not the happy hour is held in the Sky Lounge (front of ship) or in Michael's Club. Is that still the case, or is it now unilaterally in the Sky Lounge?

I thought the number of Elites on board any given sailing determined whether or not the happy hour is held in the Sky Lounge (front of ship) or in Michael's Club. Is that still the case, or is it now unilaterally in the Sky Lounge?

It does. We did a Bermuda cruise in the summer and it was held in Michael's both morning and afternoon. On Millennium, Breakfast in Michael's and Happy Hour in the Sky Lounge. It worked out great.

I love the celebrity perks.

@ breakfast - what I love, if you can also have hot choc if you ask and they have great smoothies! I find the staff to be very friendly and accomodating if you talk to them.

In fact, of the team had great recommendations for each of our ports and we did try a few out they were great

You do realize that the RCL diamond lounge is limited to free wine & champagne-for mixed drinks you receive 25 % discount + 15% gratuity. (net 10%)

On Celebrity you have a comprehensive drink & spirits menu at no charge.

Jack

Bingo! 4:00 to 6:00 works for me as I have early seating (lol). On RCI, it doesn't open until 5:00 and you get a lot of people in there that have late seating, MTD, whatever that want to get every minute in and you have a hard time getting served quickly enough to have a drink before a 5:30 seating much less find a place to sit.

Tucker in Texas

You do realize that the RCL diamond lounge is limited to free wine & champagne-for mixed drinks you receive 25 % discount + 15% gratuity. (net 10%)

Jack

Not true on Freedom class ships on RCCL. They have different wines, beers, martinis and mixed drinks - vodka & tonic etc. They just don't have everything. My husband only drinks Black Russians so I know they don't have Kahlua. We asked if it was available and were told no. No one offered to get it for us which I thought was odd because there is a big bar right outside the Diamond Lounge room. Will we be able to get Kahlua in Michaels'?

Will we be able to get Kahlua in Michaels'?

There is no longer divergence from the drink menu, (according to the servers.)

What you can order:

CCCelebrationdrinksonSummit.jpg

A year ago the following were available:

Accesscard.jpg

Edited by C 2 C

They don't hold it in Michaels Club on S class. They use the lounge at the front of the ship (name escapes me at the moment)

Certainly not true on ever S class cruise. It was in the Michael's club in September 2009 and the event was not very well attended.

There is no longer divergence from the drink menu, (according to the servers.)

What you can order:

CCCelebrationdrinksonSummit.jpg

A year ago the following were available:

Accesscard.jpg

Is the " current" list from the Celebrity Celbration event( a one time event during the cruise) which all Captain Club mmbers may attend vs the "year ago" list which appears to be for the Captain Club elite members for the almost daily Michael's Club afternoon cocktail. hours.

Not true on Freedom class ships on RCCL. They have different wines, beers, martinis and mixed drinks - vodka & tonic etc. They just don't have everything. My husband only drinks Black Russians so I know they don't have Kahlua. We asked if it was available and were told no. No one offered to get it for us which I thought was odd because there is a big bar right outside the Diamond Lounge room. Will we be able to get Kahlua in Michaels'?

Another reason (besides the smoking policy) why I plan to always choose X going forward instead of RCCL. Think it is unfair that their perks vary by ship like this (on something not specifically due to design differences)

Good call, Zebra... I think (hope) you're right. The first list looks like the ones they have at the once-per-cruise Captain's Club cocktail party for ALL CC'ers. The one where the waiters are carrying around trays of premade drinks... not the evening cocktail list for Elite members where you order your drinks.

Is the " current" list from the Celebrity Celbration event( a one time event during the cruise) which all Captain Club mmbers may attend vs the "year ago" list which appears to be for the Captain Club elite members for the almost daily Michael's Club afternoon cocktail. hours.

You may be right. I was not wearing my classes when I posted the picture. Here is the latest for Elites on Summit when it is not a "special" occasion:

SummitElitedrinks.jpg

...even if your favorite drink isn't on it just ask if it's available. DW likes Tom Collins and had we had no problem getting this during the Capt's Club social hours on our recent Summit cruises. In fact Veejay at the bar would make one up for her as soon as he saw we were in the Michael's club.
We were in the Sky Lounge (or whatever they call it on Millennium) and some of the people we were with drank VO. Some bartenders accommodated the requests while others pointed to the menu as to what was available. Needless to say, you can guess who was tipped handsomely.
Note that all ingredients for a Tom Collins [gin, lemon juice, sugar, and carbonated water] are standard Michael's Club ingredients, while VO is not standard. I think it is more reasonable for a drink with available ingredients to be provided, than to expect something not included in that bar's set-up.

Thom

My sister is thinking about taking DH, DD and me on Eclipse in a few months. DH and I are Elite, but the only time we sailed X was before the CC program changes. My sister would not be Elite yet. Will she be allowed to accompany us to the Elite event? I not, is there a comparable event for suite guests as on Royal Caribbean? She's looking at booking a Celebrity suite for the 4 of us.
In my experience Celebrity extends Elite Lounge privileges to persons sharing accommodations with an Elite members, so as described your sister would be included; if however she was in separate accommodations she would not be included. Extension of Elite Lounge privileges to suite guests varies between ships and between sailings; I have never been on a Celebrity ship where it was extended beyond Penthouse Suite occupants.

Thom

Jack

The description applies to the RCI Diamond EVENT, held on RCI ships which do not have a Diamond LOUNGE.

The RCI Diamond LOUNGE [currently only on Freedom & Oasis class ships (but announced to be extended to a few other ships)] has drink offerings similar [not identical] to Celebrity's Elite Lounge offerings.

While I'm on my soap box [this is directed at all who misuse the following abbreviations and not primarily at fla jack]:

RCL is the stock symbol for Royal Caribbean Cruises Limited [RCCL] the parent company of Royal Caribbean International [RCI], Celebrity and other cruise lines. [Yes, RCCL used to stand for Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, but has not stood for this since the 1997 purchase of Celebrity Cruises.] These abbreviations are continuously misused by many on Cruise Critic, and constantly cause confusion. Not helped by RCI contining to use RCCL in their URL.

Thom

The description applies to the RCI Diamond EVENT, held on RCI ships which do not have a Diamond LOUNGE.

The RCI Diamond LOUNGE [currently only on Freedom & Oasis class ships (but announced to be extended to a few other ships)] has drink offerings similar [not identical] to Celebrity's Elite Lounge offerings.

While I'm on my soap box [this is directed at all who misuse the following abbreviations and not primarily at fla jack]:

RCL is the stock symbol for Royal Caribbean Cruises Limited [RCCL] the parent company of Royal Caribbean International [RCI], Celebrity and other cruise lines. [Yes, RCCL used to stand for Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, but has not stood for this since the 1997 purchase of Celebrity Cruises.] These abbreviations are continuously misused by many on Cruise Critic, and constantly cause confusion. Not helped by RCI contining to use RCCL in their URL.

Thom

I confess I am one of the guilty parties you are correcting. I was not sure what acronym to use, but from here on out it's RCI. That said, I will get on my own soapbox. Exactly what confusion is this constantly causing? If someone writes RCL or RCCL instead of RCI I am pretty sure that most people know what they mean. Just wondering... :)

I confess I am one of the guilty parties you are correcting. I was not sure what acronym to use, but from here on out it's RCI. That said, I will get on my own soapbox. Exactly what confusion is this constantly causing? If someone writes RCL or RCCL instead of RCI I am pretty sure that most people know what they mean. Just wondering... :)
I agree generally not a big problem, but I have had discussions on Royal Caribbean Cruises Limited [RCCL] CORPORATE policy [such as shareholder benefits] and had people who continued to insist that RCCL and RCI were one and the same and outright refused to believe otherwise despite being referred to the company's corporate pages. I'm a scientist who is used to dealing with precise terms; I TRY to not let this carry over too much to Cruise Critic, but occasionally when I get on my soapbox I have a hard time remembering to let minor things slide.;)

Happy sailings to all

Thom

PS Another acronym out there is RCT: Royal Celebrity Tours [the part of RCCL doing Alaskan extended tours].

Edited by TravelerThom

• 2 years later...
Here is the Elite evening drink menu but even if your favorite drink isn't on it just ask if it's available. DW likes Tom Collins and had we had no problem getting this during the Capt's Club social hours on our recent Summit cruises. In fact Veejay at the bar would make one up for her as soon as he saw we were in the Michael's club.

DSC04231.jpg

Excellent CHOICES!