The new Crown & A regulations

tgjr

Just got off the Serenade. There were 8 Diamond Plus and 46 Diamond on board. CL was never crowded. LA said next week there will be over 100 D+.

Because the "maniacs" are on board. In fact many of them will be on board for a B2B that just began. Snowbirds! LOL I know some of them. Some of them did the same cruises last year and have it booked again for next year. It's the mob mentality. :rolleyes: Friends don't let friends cruise alone. :)

Although I wonder if the LA meant over 100 D and D+. Sometimes there is confusion over what is being asked and answered. I've had it happen to me and asked for clarification and realized the answer was a combination of the two.

Poor Francois.

Gina

We just got off the 2 week Explorer holiday sailing. Max'sMom, a D +, reported that the CL was frequently empty except for them until the first seating wandered in after dinner. We made D+ on this trip with the extra December cruise credit. And we now have 165 nights so even with the new system we would be D+ after the B2B on the Allure after tax season.

This Explorer sailing, even with the 600 folks who were snowed in at Heathrow and never made the ship at all, did not have an overload of Ds and D+. The majority of the cruisers were not from the US, we had lots of Canadians, and more then half from Europe, I think. Add in the 600 Heathrow victims and well more then half were not from North America. My point, the push in the last few years by RCI to expand their European presence has brought in many new cruisers, most of whom don't, for now, have the cruise credits to quailfy for D and above. Which would help explain the paucity of people in the D lounges.

I wonder if the CL and DL will be crowded during our FOS 2/13 as we just made the M&M requirement today. There is a surveyor training and Christian Radio group and I have seen that when there are large groups -- many first time RCI cruisesr -- that the DL and CL have less people. That happened to us in 2008 on FOS as there was a large group of Brazilians crusing. The DL was not crowded at all.

Some of us, regardless of C&A status, can only cruise during school vacations.

OH yeah, I remember those days when my kids were in school. We did Spring Break which was pricey. But the cruise immediately preceding Christmas was the cheap one. That's only doable depending on when break starts. Poor Carol. :rolleyes: ;)

Gina

I Was on the same cruise as Dave (The Big BOOPER) was on. Dave, It was a pleasure seeing you and your wife on the ship. Way to Go, winning the Newly wed game show.

At the first Welcome back event, The Hotel Director said that as of booking for that cruise (including those stuck at heathrow)

there were a very small number of Diamond + infact the winner of the most cruises had 29 cruise credits ( 5 more then me at this point)

There were aproximately ( i dont remember for sure)200 or so Diamond member

400 Platinum a

and 1000 Gold Members

I Really think that there are times when your Diamond + members are numerous and that is only becuase they have the Time on there hands to travel. (the off times) Maybe One day this will be plausible for me to go on tons of cruises.

I was speaking to RCCL Travel person yesterday (possibly booking another trip) They seem to have an idea that the new system (probably will occur)

just gives frequent cruises another level to shoot for.

I guess I will be happy that I have achieved Diamond + and wait till I retire from Medicine (Only my 2nd year in medical school NOw) To achieve this "Pinnacle 700+ cruise credits" G-dbless all those who have the Money and Time to do that.. Safe cruising and ENJOY

I wouldn't worry about it. That's not likely to happen. They ARE putting in a Diamond Lounge on Radiance during her upcoming dry dock but they are also putting in a much larger concierge lounge that will accommodate the suite guests and the D+ guests nicely on those rare occasions when there are abundant D+ on board. Contrary to what some claim, that's not very often. The repositioning and 2 week cruises are when the D+ pile on and also when they have those bargain sales that are so attractive to D+ - that's usually in the fall. The diamonds in December promotion really attracted them but that's exactly what RCI wanted or they wouldn't have run the promotion.

Gina

Hope you are right. We were on the Christmas/NY Indie cruise - expensive. Over 300 Diamonds - but not so many D+ in reality. The Concierge Lounge wasn't crowded.

The cruise before, was a cheapo (we were B2B) - and not so many Diamonds on board. Just no telling really. But there was so much price cutting, that it was difficult to gauge exactly what was going on!! Even on the Christmas/NY cruise, many of us who booked well in advance, were very annoyed at the deals others who booked late, had obtained. We are not just talking a couple of hundred dollars difference - large sums were being bandied about. And the ship didn't sell out even so. This allowed those who couldn't fly to their Caribbean cruises because of the snow, to be accommodated on our ship over the holidays. Every cloud etc. etc.:D:D

We had a fab time btw - but what a load of whingers - heard some amazing complaints!!! Mostly from those paying the least of course!!!

If they don't change the rules, we'll be Diamond by the time we get on the Jewel for NYE 2011. If they change the rules, we'll be whatever the new tier is between Platinum and Diamond. I really don't care one way or the other. We stopped cruising Disney one cruise short of their top tier because we got bored with their offering. We're one cruise short of the top tier on both Princess and HAL as well, but they don't go where we want to go when we want to go there. We cruise RCI because we like RCI ships and itineraries better than the other three lines. Will we switch if we don't make a tier - no - we don't sail for perks. Will we switch if we get bored - in a heartbeat.

Hope you are right. We were on the Christmas/NY Indie cruise - expensive. Over 300 Diamonds - but not so many D+ in reality. The Concierge Lounge wasn't crowded.

The cruise before, was a cheapo (we were B2B) - and not so many Diamonds on board. Just no telling really. But there was so much price cutting, that it was difficult to gauge exactly what was going on!! Even on the Christmas/NY cruise, many of us who booked well in advance, were very annoyed at the deals others who booked late, had obtained. We are not just talking a couple of hundred dollars difference - large sums were being bandied about. And the ship didn't sell out even so. This allowed those who couldn't fly to their Caribbean cruises because of the snow, to be accommodated on our ship over the holidays. Every cloud etc. etc.:D:D

We had a fab time btw - but what a load of whingers - heard some amazing complaints!!! Mostly from those paying the least of course!!!

Oh, amuse us. Share some of the *best* whinges!

we love royal caribbean but do take the perks into consideration when looking for a cruise- lately ( because we were traveling with some who would not fly to the port ) we have/ are doing 3 on other lines with another booked on rci for nov 2011 ( 9 cabins worth )

hopeful we can make D plus but not counting on it at this point-

hope you all have wonderful cruises and many many cruises to look forward to ;)

may 2011 be amazing for you all ;)

Does anyone know (or have an idea) how many credits/points you would receive for a 14 night cruise in a suite? Would it be 28 or do you receive more points because it was over seven nights?

piercetc4---Where are you in Orange Beach? We were there for the week after Christmas--love Orange Beach!!

Does anyone know (or have an idea) how many credits/points you would receive for a 14 night cruise in a suite? Would it be 28 or do you receive more points because it was over seven nights?

piercetc4---Where are you in Orange Beach? We were there for the week after Christmas--love Orange Beach!!

The current scuttlebutt is 28. Number of days x 2 for a suite.

Hi, I have read all the posts re the changes to the C&A, but my question is how are they going to convert our current points. We are at 9 points and all our sea time has been done in a JS. Does that mean that our 40 days become 80 days? Just wondering whether Royal will take this into consideration when calculating the new system. I know we are only a few days away, but I thought someone might know. :confused:

Hi, I have read all the posts re the changes to the C&A, but my question is how are they going to convert our current points. We are at 9 points and all our sea time has been done in a JS. Does that mean that our 40 days become 80 days? Just wondering whether Royal will take this into consideration when calculating the new system. I know we are only a few days away, but I thought someone might know. :confused:

Rumor says yes. Double your days.

Rumor says yes. Double your days.

Since we're on the possible "announcement" countdown.....I am guessing, or sort of have a feeling that they are not going to go BACK into each member's C&A history to try and convert their previous cruises into days at sea.

I really think that would be a pointless undertaking, considering all the members that have passed on, moved on, no longer sailing and so on. I have no idea what Royal Caribbean's plans are, but I would guess that it would be a straight conversion of credits, or a from here on forward....sort of program. :D:):D JMO.

Since we're on the possible "announcement" countdown.....I am guessing, or sort of have a feeling that they are not going to go BACK into each member's C&A history to try and convert their previous cruises into days at sea.

I really think that would be a pointless undertaking, considering all the members that have passed on, moved on, no longer sailing and so on. I have no idea what Royal Caribbean's plans are, but I would guess that it would be a straight conversion of credits, or a from here on forward....sort of program. :D:):D JMO.

Thank God !! Someone here finally speaks with intelligence and common sense !

I agree. I mean aren't there about a kajillion members now? Hence the grandfathering.

P.S. Back in town the end of the month!!

Oh, amuse us. Share some of the *best* whinges!

OK - for starters - what about this one?

"We (Royal we? Like the Queen) really don't like the class of person in the cabins round ours".

This from a couple who received one of the unbelievably cheap late deals!!!

Thank God !! Someone here finally speaks with intelligence and common sense !

I agree. I mean aren't there about a kajillion members now? Hence the grandfathering.

You all are kidding, right? RCI would not go back into every member history and individually make the conversions. They would simply apply a computer program that would take all the possible senerios of length of cruises (which are already currently in your history) and how many credits were given for those cruises (which will tell whether they were suites or Diaomonds in Dec, etc) and the new program would "magically" give the number of "days" you would now have credit for.

Of course I have no idea what RCI will actually do but it would not be hard to switch everyone over to the new system (whatever that system).

Otherwise, just grandfathering doesn't address the issue of when everyone will make the NEXT level.......

You all are kidding, right?...

Otherwise, just grandfathering doesn't address the issue of when everyone will make the NEXT level.......

I agree. If they just grandfather people at their current level without accounting for days, they will all be at the very bottom as they approach the next level. This would cause the most concern for the upper level members, especially those nearing Pinnacle.

They would simply apply a computer program that would take all the possible senerios of length of cruises (which are already currently in your history) and how many credits were given for those cruises (which will tell whether they were suites or Diaomonds in Dec, etc) and the new program would "magically" give the number of "days" you would now have credit for.

Absolutely correct! The conversion process is all done by computer and a relatively simply program could access existing data and make the conversion.

Absolutely correct! The conversion process is all done by computer and a relatively simply program could access existing data and make the conversion.

I feel certain they'll apply a formula, then gear up for all the calls to correct errors or explain the policies. For example, we just did a 12-night cruise, which is results in 2 credits under the current system, so that would theoretically be good for 12 day-credits in the new hypothesized system. But because we were sailing in December, a special promotion gave us an extra (third) current-style credit. Does that mean we'll get 24 day-credits?

Time will tell.

No system is perfect, but I think the changes suggested in speculation so far seem to make it more rational.

Archived