Formal Dress - Kilt with Jacket? Yes or no.

frostwalker

My husband wants to bring his kilt with jacket/tie for formal night on our Alaska cruise.

Has anyone done this before? Or done this before?

Thoughts in general?

I would say a Big YES ... How refreshing this would be..Looks formal to me.. I have Scotish blood in my veins...Tell your DH to go for it, I'm sure he will look fantastic..Sharon..

The key is that he wants to do it, so I would say go for it.

It depends on the personality and comfort level of the individual.

For men who enjoy standing out and attracting attention, that is a great way to dress on formal nights. Those who prefer to be inconspicuous and blend in with the majority would probably feel more comfortable wearing a regular suit.

My husband wears his kilt on the Caribbean cruises as it just looks so different and is always appreciated by the Americans, however the whole outfit, kilt, jacket, shoes etc., does take up a lot of your luggage allowance so factor that in to it as well if you are only allowed 20kgs!

My husband wears his kilt on the Caribbean cruises as it just looks so different and is always appreciated by the Americans, however the whole outfit, kilt, jacket, shoes etc., does take up a lot of your luggage allowance so factor that in to it as well if you are only allowed 20kgs!

I plan on bringing hubby's kilt, his ghillie brogues and flashes, and maybe a tie - and renting the tux kit (jacket & shirt) on the ship, that way it'll take up less room. :)

Have seen it many times. Looks fabulous. But what's he wearing under that kilt? LOL

You've reminded of a banquet years ago. We had a Scotsman in full regalia, including formal kilts.

So in the middle of the dinner I stood up and said, "Gordon, there's a lady up here that wants to know what's worn beneath Kilts?"

He replied, "Oh Scotty, I'm glad you asked that question. Nothing is WORN...it's all in PERFECT WORKING ORDER".:p

Awww..., thanks YVRcruiser!!

You asked, I'm happy to oblige:

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2577539930099099348RFKEEp

Obviously, I take mine along. I have left it home on various Caribbean sailings..., after all they are 8 yards of wool, and who needs that in the tropics. Hehehehehe.

CM

Archived