Aft corners on Radiance class

Can anyone tell me please which are the corner cabins on the Radiance class ships which have the larger balconies and if there are any to be avoided? I am interested in either balcony cabins or mini-suites.

Thanks, Cinnamon

Can anyone tell me please which are the corner cabins on the Radiance class ships which have the larger balconies and if there are any to be avoided? I am interested in either balcony cabins or mini-suites.

Thanks, Cinnamon

We always try to get 9256 when we are on the Radiance class ships.

Love the large balcony!!

Thanks, Cinnamon

Here is a picture of the aft balconies on Radiance.

1100 is a Junior Suite cabin; 1600 is a Grand Suite and 1602 is another Junior Suite.........all located on Deck 10.

Radiancestern.jpg

Without a doubt...#1100 is our favorite..usually book this a year in advance..this is one cabin that if you do a search you will find it has a loyal "fan base" that keeps it one of the most popular..With that bit of wraparound and the extra window... ;):D

Thanks for the replies, especially the photo. Can you tell me why 9256 is any better than the other corners though? I have now read this on another tread. In the photo they all look roughly the same.

We booked 8168 a year out (9256 - was already booked). They look like idential balconies to me - just a deck higher. But there certainly is alot of wooplah regarding 9256. I read that JS1100 hears the winjammers chairs scratching the floor above them and that when the WJ staff is cleaning the tables, it soaks the 1100 balconies.

We booked 8168 a year out (9256 - was already booked). They look like idential balconies to me - just a deck higher. But there certainly is alot of wooplah regarding 9256. I read that JS1100 hears the winjammers chairs scratching the floor above them and that when the WJ staff is cleaning the tables, it soaks the 1100 balconies.

I have been in 1602 on the Serenade. No real noise from WJ and also didn't notice a soaking due to them cleaning the tables.

Yes..True don't book #1100 ;):D..Ha! Ha! We don't want any more competition for this cabin !! No really not true.. We had #1100 on a 12 night Baltic cruise didn't hear a sound from the WJ above and no waterfall problems at all..We would/will book this cabin whenever we have a chance !! If you would rather not...fine with the fans of #1100 !!!!

Without a doubt...#1100 is our favorite..usually book this a year in advance..this is one cabin that if you do a search you will find it has a loyal "fan base" that keeps it one of the most popular..With that bit of wraparound and the extra window... ;):D

just got back MOnday from 10 days on the Jewel in 1100. LOVED it. ONly 1 time did we hear noise early monring from WJ. We never had any water issues from cleaning. We scord this same cabin on Radiance for our Syndney to Hawaii trans pacific next year!!!!

We have had 1600, but it was on a cooler cruise and we did not use the balcony much, but again, no WJ complaints.

My complaint with Radiance class AFT cabins is that there are usually 3 of us and so there are not many cabins that we can book that will hold 3 :(

We'll enjoy 9256 on the Radiance April 30 through the Panama Canal. :D

We've had 9256 on the Brilliance, Jewel and Radiance. The balcony is a little larger than the others on the aft (except for the JS and GS cabins) as it almost wraps around to the side. Wonderful cabin/balcony.

Sue, we'll be going through the canal about a week before you (on the Infinity). See you in October!

Yes..True don't book #1100 ;):D..Ha! Ha! We don't want any more competition for this cabin !! No really not true.. We had #1100 on a 12 night Baltic cruise didn't hear a sound from the WJ above and no waterfall problems at all..We would/will book this cabin whenever we have a chance !! If you would rather not...fine with the fans of #1100 !!!!

We have this cabin booked on our next cruise and glad that you did not have any problems with it because I did hear stories about the WJ above it.

Hi Ashland,

Do you think 1100 is worth the extra $$ over 9256? I have never seen that cabin.

Seems it may be close to an extra 2 grand for our Alaska cruise. Looks like a wonderful cabin (as many have raved), but on the other hand, I was also happy with our time in 9256 last week.

We've had 9256 on the Brilliance, Jewel and Radiance. The balcony is a little larger than the others on the aft (except for the JS and GS cabins) as it almost wraps around to the side. Wonderful cabin/balcony.

Sue, we'll be going through the canal about a week before you (on the Infinity). See you in October!

We're looking forward to seeing the canal from a different perspective and will enjoy this great balcony. We were originally booked on the Radiance Ultimate Alaska cruise that was cancelled so Radiance could go into drydock so we booked this one late. Much to our surprise 9256 was available.

Enjoy your PC and Alaska cruises. We're looking forward to Octoberr too!

• 4 weeks later...

Couldn't get 1100 or 9256 but did get 8168 for the Australia to New Zealand cruise in November. Hopefully we will have a great time. I will watch to see if either of the other cabins open up. Is it true that this is a good cabin and has just a bit smaller balcony?

Hi Ashland,

Do you think 1100 is worth the extra $$ over 9256? I have never seen that cabin.

Seems it may be close to an extra 2 grand for our Alaska cruise. Looks like a wonderful cabin (as many have raved), but on the other hand, I was also happy with our time in 9256 last week.

Each to their own but to us ..yes..the larger cabin, balcony, walkin closet, bathtub and of course the extra cruisepoints..But whatever you decide will be best for you .. Enjoy Alaska :D

Can someone confirm for me that 8168 has the over-sized balcony? Looking at the deck plans on RCI's web site, it doesn't look any bigger than the other aft balconies. But, looking at the picture that Patti posted, it looks like it is triangular and bigger than the others. Is there room for two loungers out there?

Can someone confirm for me that 8168 has the over-sized balcony? Looking at the deck plans on RCI's web site, it doesn't look any bigger than the other aft balconies. But, looking at the picture that Patti posted, it looks like it is triangular and bigger than the others. Is there room for two loungers out there?

Yes it does..It's more of an arch than a triangle..I was in #1100 so compare the two from Patti's picture..The aft corners are bigger..You won't be sorry you were able to book this cabin...Enjoy the aft !!!!

Yes, we were in cabin 8168 on the Serenade this last February and it had a large balcony. The balcony depth tapers off to the port side of the ship. We had two chairs and a table along with two loungers.

You will love the cabin.

Archived