OK, Fess Up: What is the strangest thing you've ever brought aboard?

Mosaic

My ex! :D Oh wait....she wasn't a thing....but on the other hand....:rolleyes::eek:

Seriously though on my last cruise I brought tooth putty or at least that's what I called it. Broke a filling three days before we were to leave for the Maasdam. The best the dentist could do was start a root canal and fill the tooth with this super strong clay like material as a temporary. I went to the drug store and bought a little container of extra putty in case I lost the temporary but it actually lasted until he drilled it out last week. Oh yeah...good news is that I got my final new crown today. :)

First time we cruised with our son we had to bring a stuffed puppet fox & Oreos! The fox because he'd be lonely for 10 days without us & the Oreos in case the ship ran out of food in the middle of the ocean.

Clearly you have a wise and compassionate son .:)

My ex! :D Oh wait....she wasn't a thing....but on the other hand....

Seriously though on my last cruise I brought tooth putty or at least that's what I called it. Broke a filling three days before we were to leave for the Maasdam. The best the dentist could do was start a root canal and fill the tooth with this super strong clay like material as a temporary. I went to the drug store and bought a little container of extra putty in case I lost the temporary but it actually lasted until he drilled it out last week. Oh yeah...good news is that I got my final new crown today. :)

Love this as our friends brought some of this with them - and guess who had to use it. Moi! I wuld have been lost without it.

Our strange thing - a lot of sample meds (which usually other people use - no bad drugs, just commonsense things that can help if something happens)

On our way to our cruise in a water taxi in Venice our fellow cc member fell in the canal :eek: what are the odds - it`s shallow everywhere except here :eek: So he got our back patches, anlagesics, etc. Dh laughs at me for packing this stuff, but I am glad I do.

And of course, always our set of dominoes :D

First time we cruised with our son we had to bring a stuffed puppet fox & Oreos! The fox because he'd be lonely for 10 days without us & the Oreos in case the ship ran out of food in the middle of the ocean.

Chocolate is always good - there's a boy who knows what's important.

Hmmm...our Christmas stockings that we hung from our mailbox (which, btw, no one filled ;)).

Also...our Santa hats that we hung from the inside of our balcony doors so that we could tell which stateroom was ours from the beach in Grand Turk.

:) :)

For DW, that would be me (I'm more than a touch strange!).

But, I once brought aboard one of those flags that some people fly on their porches, like daffodils for spring, bunnies for easter, etc. This one was a huge one, with a pink flamingo on it. It was for a CC meet and greet on Noordam in 2010, and I brought it for Sheila (innlady1) and Donna (GmaPajama), as they organized the M&G and we called the cruise the Voyage of the Pink Flamingos, because it went to all 3 of the ABCs, which all have flamingos.

Dave

My super duper electronic thermometer that measured not only the present cabin temperature, but the 24 hour highs and lows as well as the humidity to get to the bottom of the great Statendam A/C caper. :cool:

A Christmas tree. Just a little dollar store tree, plus some decorations. The shopping bag also had tinsel wreaths for our doors, some garland, and a tin of my homemade Christmas cookies because it isn't Christmas morning without them. I wondered if the x-ray guys would say anything, or ask to see what's inside the tin, but they didn't ask to look at any of it.

The strangest thing I can recall taking onboard (right now anyway :D ) is Ziploc bags full of frozen corn and frozen peas.

You're going to leave us scratching our heads????

Please tell........

This has to be good. :D

We took a can on our New Years cruise last year. I had to go down to the buffet before midnight on New Years Day to have the can opened. They put the peas in a bowl and gave me some spoons. Everyone in the family had a spoonful of Black-eyed Peas for luck in the New Year!

There must be a story behind that!!!

Please tell........

Holding my breath! :confused:

DH had given me 3 jars of caviar as a bon voyage gift for a "girls trip". Had to be kept cold. Can't use freezer gel packs OR ice in carry-on luggage on planes. Bags of frozen veggies are permitted (not considered liquid or gel). :D

DH had given me 3 jars of caviar as a bon voyage gift for a "girls trip". Had to be kept cold. Can't use freezer gel packs OR ice in carry-on luggage on planes. Bags of frozen veggies are permitted (not considered liquid or gel). :D

Now that is genius! :cool:

Rubber cockroaches to mess around with my cabin steward and the Lido waiters. (NEVER to be seen by the pax.) We all had a lot of fun with them, especially when the last unknowing waiter came along, saw it, and I smashed it with my fist, then put it in my mouth and chewed it.

The strangest thing I can recall taking onboard (right now anyway :D ) is Ziploc bags full of frozen corn and frozen peas.

Please tell........

Holding my breath! :confused:

...I am guessing to feed the fish while snorkeling......;)

Archived