New way for Platinum & Elite passengers to access the internet onboard

Toto2Kansas

Wow a bump for 2011 lol

Could not find this info anywhere.

So as an elite /plat princess member 150 minutes are offered on the 7day or less gratis - However when you log in for the first time they offer you a reduced rate for additional minutes available just once and I'ts a significant saving over other published rates. I want to say i recall 100 miuntes for $29 or so with similar discounts for other packages.

Anyone remember what these are????

PS can't wait for princess to offer unlimited internet

Cheers

David

Wow a bump for 2011 lol

So as an elite /plat princess member 150 minutes are offered on the 7day or less gratis - However when you log in for the first time they offer you a reduced rate for additional minutes available just once and I'ts a significant saving over other published rates. I want to say i recall 100 miuntes for $29 or so with similar discounts for other packages.

Cheers

David

Princess used to give all of us Platinum and Elite cruisers unlimited free internet but revoked it probably around 2009 or 2010, and replaced it with the program that is currently in place.

On our last 10- day cruise we received 250 free minutes and while establishing our online account were offered an additional 250 minutes for a flat rate of $40. This was 3 months ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

Wow a bump for 2011 lol

Cheers

David

At one time (a long long time ago) elites and platinum passengers did get unlimited internet access - this was done in by gamers who would play for 4-5 hours at a time (this was an era before w1fi and all we had was the internet cafes )- I can remember having to wait until 2am to get a chance to check e-mail

The internet cafe manager on the Emerald in March was a complete jerk. He may have been a good computer geek but he had no people skills and should not be put in a position where he interacts with paying passengers. Several people mentioned this to me without my prompting the situation. I did write it up in my comment card.

Same issue on the royal last month. Two gentlemen in the internet café, one should not be allowed to speak to the public:rolleyes:

Oops should really look at dates on postings.... .lol

Reader

Edited by Reader0108598

Wow a bump for 2011 lol

Cheers

David

To try to somewhat answer the "bumpers" question. Our last two cruises have been 12-14 days cruises with 250 complementary minutes, not 7 day cruises. We were offered the option to purchase an additional 200 minutes for $40. DW and I both took up the offer because we were traveling with a blue card and a gold card and we shared the minutes between the four of us. That was the only option offered to us but that was a good deal as Princess internet charges go. Hopefully someone knows the offer(s) for 7 day cruises but your estimate appears to be in the ballpark, maybe only $25 for 100 minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Princess used to give all of us Platinum and Elite cruisers unlimited free internet but revoked it probably around 2009 or 2010, and replaced it with the program that is currently in place.

On our last 10- day cruise we received 250 free minutes and while establishing our online account were offered an additional 250 minutes for a flat rate of $40. This was 3 months ago.

I erred. 250 free minutes for 10 day cruise and 200 additional minutes purchased for $40, not 250 for $40.

Edited by 4cats4me

The system still tells you you account usage but you have to wait there long enough to give it time to respond.

I did notice that on a B2B cruise the unused minutes from one trip were added to the second voyage. I'm not sure if this was a change since we haven't done a B2B in a while.

I was on a B2B this year and the minutes did carry over to the second cruise.

We are elite members so I never come close to using them all.

Tony

Be careful what you ask for.

When Celebrity started offering unlimited Internet, the loyalty benefit was still a fixed number of minutes.

However in addition to the free minutes, you could purchase the unlimited package which made your free minutes worthless. By the way, the Celebrity unlimited package for seven days costs $264 if purchased onboard ($37/day) or $237 if purchased pre-cruise ($33.85/day). A 10% -20% discount is available for certain loyalty levels.

No package of minutes is available anymore on Celebrity. If you do not want unlimited for the entire cruise, you can purchase one continuous hour for $24.95 or 24 consecutive hours unlimited use for $49.

There are many posts on Celebrity that the speed of the new system there is not much (if any) better than the speed of the old system.

Carnival offers unlimited packages at a more reasonble rate. They offer three packages at three different prices.

o Social package-$5/day. Social use such as facebook, twitter, etc.

o Value package-$16/day. Essentially equivalent to the you can access on the Internet on Princess now. Social + web browsing + e-mail. No Skype or music/video streaming.

o Premium package-$25/day. The Value Package plus streaming and Skype video.

The value package speed is limited to about what the current Princess Internet speed is today. The Premium package speed is up to three times faster than the Value plan speed.

The Carnival pricing does get a discount if you purchase for the entire cruise. For example, the Premium package for an 11 day cruise is $150.

Edited by caribill

A great idea but how do you know how many minutes of your free allocation you have left ?:confused:

The next time I logged onto the internet it showed how many minutes were still available in my free package.

It was booked as one cruise, however I've been told that you have to get a new cruise card once the first 7 day cruise is over. If that's true, I would assume you would receive 150 minutes of internet use for the first 7 days then it would renew another 150 minutes. We have never done a BTB so I'm unclear
You will keep the same cruise card for your 14 day cruise, and there is one onboard account.

Other benefits come as if you were taking two 7 day cruises. e.g. Internet minutes are 150/each 7 day in your example. However the minutes you don't use in the first 7 days are not lost, but carry over, and the 2nd 7 day minutes don't start until then.

We are Elite and got 2 minibar setups on a B2B as well.

You are right. Others sometimes fail to check if they are still logged on or not.

Can't answer the question. But wanted to say how much I miss Toto. :)