All Things Explorer of the Seas! -- Part 2

You should be fine. I believe she is suppose to go in next year? There's a running dry dock thread somewhere. Deck 9 is nice, as long as you don't take the port center hump js. The suite as above has marble floors and a baby grand.

You should be fine. I believe she is suppose to go in next year? There's a running dry dock thread somewhere. Deck 9 is nice, as long as you don't take the port center hump js. The suite as above has marble floors and a baby grand.

I can second that...i was under the Royal Suite twice...one time I was crazy-sooo much noise from above. Another time, it was not bad. Luck of the draw...

and according to the revised schedule i saw, EX is now scheduled for her Royal Advantage upgrades in Jan of 2014, but the actual enhancements say "coming soon" whereas they were listed in previous versions

thanks JBert!

We are first time cruisers on the explorer sailing march 15th any advice thank you

Go back about 30 pages and start reading! This thread has everything.

If you have enough warm clothes on, go watch sail away from the helipad. Always fun.

Happy cruising!

If Bayonne does get a new sunshine ship will you miss the Explorer. We've been on her about 10 times and will miss her.

I think I would rather have some different ports than a new ship

Our family loves the Explorer, we will be on her for a 3rd time on March 5th. I really hope Bayonne gets the Quantum, I think its really needed (Especially, given new ships from NCL and Carnival in NY). I would love it if the Explorer stayed and a newer Celebrity were added as well (I was sorry the Silhouette stayed for such a short time). The area can definitely sustain more ships.

Cheers,

Aaron

If Quantum sails from NJ I pray the itinerary is not the Bahamas cruise to nowhere and they opt for longer sailings. I miss the 14 day Holiday cruises we used to have on the Explorer. The seven day is a tease, just close enough to warm weather but not quite swimming weather.

If Quantum sails from NJ I pray the itinerary is not the Bahamas cruise to nowhere and they opt for longer sailings. I miss the 14 day Holiday cruises we used to have on the Explorer. The seven day is a tease, just close enough to warm weather but not quite swimming weather.

We did a 13 day and was able to get to Barbados, loved it.

I have boy 16, girl 13, and boy 11. When I called RC today, they told me that the pools on the Explorer were heated and would be ready when we board. Is this not the case??????:(

Kristen

Oh, by the way....3 days!!!!!!!!:D

That would be the first time I've heard of Explorer pools being heated. It was my understanding that only Independence, Oasis, and Allure have heated pools.

That would be the first time I've heard of Explorer pools being heated. It was my understanding that only Independence, Oasis, and Allure have heated pools.

I specifically asked that question. She put me on hold and checked. Came back with a yes. Maybe someone who just went out of NJ will check in here and tell us!

I specifically asked that question. She put me on hold and checked. Came back with a yes. Maybe someone who just went out of NJ will check in here and tell us!

I'm pretty sure they are heated. Heated pools make no difference when the air temp is cold cause you have to get out eventually.

Edited by BND

Went out of N.J. in January. The pools were definitely not heated. It's too cold to even go outside never mind in the pools. It was in the 50's when we left. I stood on the deck to watch the ship go under the bridge but went back in because I thought my ears were going to fall off. (lol) True though! I wouldn't go on a cruise again in the winter. I like the pool area on all days of the cruise.

Too bad though it's so much cheaper in the winter.

Even if they are heated, air temp in the next few days probably won't be conducive to swimming...unless you're a polar bear!

I'm pretty sure they are heated. Heated pools make no difference when the air temp is cold cause you have to get out eventually.

Ha! I'm from New England! I can handle it! LOL....True story. We went to Disney a few years ago in January and it was record low temps (Snowed in Magic Kingdome first time since the 70's). Anyway....Pools are heated and it was 32 degrees out at night. We swam! Happily! LOL.....There's always hot tubs to warm up.

Went out of N.J. in January. The pools were definitely not heated. It's too cold to even go outside never mind in the pools. It was in the 50's when we left. I stood on the deck to watch the ship go under the bridge but went back in because I thought my ears were going to fall off. (lol) True though! I wouldn't go on a cruise again in the winter. I like the pool area on all days of the cruise.

Too bad though it's so much cheaper in the winter.

Now that I've already posted a reply, I'm thinking the pools must be heated somewhat so the water in them doesn't freeze. Still in all I don't think any one was in the pools until day 3 I believe. Like other people are saying, even if they are it's too cold to go in when the air is in the 20's-30's brrrr! Kids can take the cold though. I'm older. The older I get, the colder I get!!