Tis Himself reporting from the Amsterdam

Himself

Looking forward to your posts.

We will need to wait until August 5th for our chance...

but look forward to sharing all your adventures.

Also, Would like to learn about any Catholic church's you may come across and information about mass, etc.

Thank you in advance :D

This info may help you plan.

http://www.parishesonline.com/scripts/default.asp

http://www.masstimes.org/

I am currently at the HOLDAY INN at Seatec Airport

Thanks for posting; looking forward to hearing about your cruise. We were on the Amsterdam last September.

As for the Holiday Inn at SeaTac, would you recommend it?

Thanks.

I walked over to the airport to get some Canadian money for my stop in Victoria BC.

US currency is accepted everywhere in Canada. The exchange rate may differ, depending on the store you are using the currency at. At my place of work right now, we take off 5 cents on the US dollar bill, and give change in Canadian currency. US coins are accepted at par, including the US coin dollar. It resembles our $1.00 coin, or loonie.

US currency is accepted everywhere in Canada. The exchange rate may differ' date=' depending on the store you are using the currency at. At my place of work right now, we take off 5 cents on the US dollar bill, and give change in Canadian currency. US coins are accepted at par, including the US coin dollar. It resembles our $1.00 coin, or loonie.[/quote']

Someone from Canada posted you needed Canadian money for the public buses in Victoria.

Thanks for posting; looking forward to hearing about your cruise. We were on the Amsterdam last September.

As for the Holiday Inn at SeaTac, would you recommend it?

Thanks.

I have stayed here before and I like it. The Dining room is a bit expensive and so I have been known to walk up a block to Denny's for a meal. The electric train to downtown Seattle is walking distance and so I use it to go into town.

US currency is accepted everywhere in Canada. The exchange rate may differ' date=' depending on the store you are using the currency at. At my place of work right now, we take off 5 cents on the US dollar bill, and give change in Canadian currency. US coins are accepted at par, including the US coin dollar. It resembles our $1.00 coin, or loonie.[/quote']

With the economic situation being what it is, I would rather not spend American money in a foreign country.

Good morning gang. Today is the day we sail! It is in the low 50's this morning in Seattle. I hope it is much warmer in Alaska. I will leave the hotel here in about one to two hours and head up to pier 91 to catch the ship. Thanks to all for all the good wishes.

HIMSELF

This report came to you live from the Holiday Inn at Sea-Tac Airport.

I have stayed here before and I like it. The Dining room is a bit expensive and so I have been known to walk up a block to Denny's for a meal. The electric train to downtown Seattle is walking distance and so I use it to go into town.

Thanks for the response. We are considering staying near the airport and HI was on the list.

Good Morning Friends:

I am writing to you as we are crusing the beatiful Inside Passage. We went through the Semour narrows about 6:15 This Morning Pacific Time. That was three hours ago. The inside passage is simply gourgous. It has been a great first day at Sea. It is a bit chilly.

It is about 50 degrees farengheight. I had Mass at 5PM during sail away and not many showed up! However I will have the Anticipated Mass at 5PM tonight in the Queens Lounge. Tomorrow in Ketchikan I will do the Non-Denominational Eccuminical Service at 4PM and the Mass at 5PM. I am enjoying the cruise very much. Tonight will be "formal"

and we will arrive early in Ketchikan. I need to go get a homily ready for the Mass this evening. All the Best to each of you!

Himself

This post was made on the beautiful and elegant m.s. AMSTERDAM, the best ship in the whole DAM Fleet!

Father, is it usual to do the Non-Denominational Ecumenical Sunday Service on port days on HAL

Since he's aboard ship, I'll answer for "Himself".

The Ecumenical service is conducted on Sundays, even when those Sundays are port days. At least, that's nominal. Depending upon the minster in charge, Protestant services are also often offered on many Sea Days.

HAL used to appoint Protestant Guest Ministers to all cruises of 10+ days, but that policy has changed. Now, HAL only places Protestant Guest Ministers on "select" cruises 10+ days in length. This means that the Roman Catholic Priest aboard (or any Protestant clergy passengers who volunteer for duty) have to do the Ecumenical (i.e. so-called "Non-Denominational") services. Unfortunately, this means that on those cruises where there's not a Protestant Guest Minister the Protestants do not have an opportunity to partake of the Eucharist. For some Protestants this is unimportant, but for others of us this creates severe spiritual difficulties.

Good Morning Friends:

I am writing to you as we are crusing the beatiful Inside Passage. We went through the Semour narrows about 6:15 This Morning Pacific Time.

Does your daily newletter let you know what time you will be cruising through Seymour Narrows?

We cruised through the Seymour Narrows at 6:15 this morning and I was up and monitering it.

The Christian Non Denominational Service is at 4:00 PM on Sunday and since there is no Minister Assigned, as far as I know it is "my baby." I know thee is one Baptist Minister on board but he is celebrating his fiftith wedding anniversary and will be sitting in the stands.

It is 8:45 PM West Coast time and the sun is still up and bright. It will be 10:00 before the sun goes down. Tonight is our first formal night and we will have four of them on this two week cruise. I will post in Ketchikan tomorrow. I have met some nice people but no one from Cruise Critic came up to me yet. I am not that hard to find. I stand out like a sore thumb.

Himself

One of these days we will have to meet. :D

Greg:

I would look forward to that! I will e-mail you when I am definate on a cruise and maybe you could book it. Am in Ketchian right now and am going ashore in a bit.

Archived