I Like Princess but...

Stevesan

Why do we have to repeat signing in every few minutes? When I log in and spend active time looking for cruises in Search Cruises or SHOREX in Cruise Personalizer, etc,etc. and transition from one function to another their web site requires me to log in AGAIN!

HAL and Carnival web sites never do that. Why does Princess?

I really wish Princess would fix that. It's uber annoying.

"I'm made as h*ll, and I'm not going to take it anymore!":mad:

I experience what Steve has described; log in to Personalizer, go check the cruises (from the Personalizer link) I have saved, then have to log back in to Personalizer again. Yeah, it's annoying, but I never forget my ID and password.....

If we want to find a cruise or to just roam the multitude of cruises available today we only have TO GO on line with the large TA. Every cruise with every line to every part of the world is listed.

Stevesan,

I've never had that happen. I logged on yesterday and went to my cruise personalizer, then to shore excursions, then to search cruises and back to shore excursions again and never had to log back in. Is it possible it has something to do with your browser settings? :confused:

I experience what Steve has described; log in to Personalizer, go check the cruises (from the Personalizer link) I have saved, then have to log back in to Personalizer again. Yeah, it's annoying, but I never forget my ID and password.....
So, what you're saying is that this glitch is only if you're do a Find for cruises through the Personalizer. I never go to the Personalizer to search for a cruise so perhaps that's why I've never seen the problem.

The Princess site is FAR better than HAL's where if you are logged in, you have to put your booking # every time you want to check your booking or do Shorex. Who the heck remembers their booking #?

it happens to me when i have been on the personalizer, then saved cruises, then to go back to my princess i have to log in again. sometimes aggrivating, but like cherylandtk, i know my password really well!

Why do we have to repeat signing in every few minutes? When I log in and spend active time looking for cruises in Search Cruises or SHOREX in Cruise Personalizer, etc,etc. and transition from one function to another their web site requires me to log in AGAIN!

Hmmm, I've never run into that problem.

Pam - On HAL's website, now, if you log into your account, you will see on the left side My Reservations. If you click on that, any HAL reservations will show and you can book excursions, dining, etc. for any particular reservation without putting in the booking #. I think they made this change in the past year. Much more convenient. Barbara

This may or may not have anything to do with OPs problem. When logged in at Princess dot com, don't use your browsers back button. Doing so a few times seems to cause the site to go "tilt". Instead use the page navigation links from within the site.

This happens to me a lot too. If I spend more than about 5 minutes, for example, looking at shore excursions, when I want to go back to My Princess I have to log in again. It gets irritating after a while. I had no idea it wasn't the same for everyone.

I also can't get to my saved cruises page. My Princess tells me I have 6 saved cruises, but under my ID and password, I can't get to them. If I log in with my sister's name I can get to her saved cruises, so I don't believe it has anything to do with my computer, especially since I have the same thing happen if I use my net book or a computer in the ship's internet cafe. I've asked Princess to fix this and they act like they have no idea what I'm talking about. I really wish they would get someone to improve their web site.

All web sites get cranky now and then, but Princess seems to lead the pack with problems that affect only random users. The recent episodes of inability to access Cruise Personalizer is an example. That problem affected some, but not others. It was a doozey taking tech services nearly a month resolve.

Having to log back in isn't a major chore, but it is annoying. It should be a simple task for their software to keep track of active users. I don't recall having that problem in the past. I mentioned it mainly to vent, but also to find out if I am the Lone Ranger.

Having to log back in isn't a major chore, but it is annoying. It should be a simple task for their software to keep track of active users. I don't recall having that problem in the past.

If I wonder the site outside of the Personalizer and then selcect Personalizer again, I need to log in.

If I wonder the site outside of the Personalizer and then just go back to a Personalizer page, I do not have to log in again.

Archived