Unlimited Soda & More Package

charlielinda

Totally off topic but your name caught my eye. Are you a big Dr. Who fan or is your name a coincidence? I ask because I haven't seen a Doctor related name on Cruise Critic before.

Big fan. This is my forth incarnation on cruise critic (for various reasons) hence Tom Baker ;)

Big fan. This is my forth incarnation on cruise critic (for various reasons) hence Tom Baker ;)

Thank you for satisfyng me curiosity. My family's trip to the U.K. last year included a trip to the Dr. Who experience in Wales. Sometimes cruise ships have so much on them, it seems they are bigger on the inside.

OP, sorry for derailing your topic.

I get club soda for the no calorie thing. There are a list of Mock cocktails they will make for you as we had the soda plus. I know I went through more than $8:00/. Day as the mock cocktails go for $5:00 each.

Did you notice if they make any of thecMocktails low cal, or more to the point low sugar (perhaps on diet soda).

Did you notice if they make any of thecMocktails low cal, or more to the point low sugar (perhaps on diet soda).

Pro tip: ask them to sub in club soda for the carbonated soda (Sprite, Coke, etc.) or the sugar syrup in the recipe. Not only will it cut the sugar/calories, it'll also make the drink taste less sickeningly sweet.

Pro tip: ask them to sub in club soda for the carbonated soda (Sprite, Coke, etc.) or the sugar syrup in the recipe. Not only will it cut the sugar/calories, it'll also make the drink taste less sickeningly sweet.

Thanks.

Trying to decide between soda or soda and more. May have a couple of mock tails if I go with +more but can do without and would have a few shakes just trying to sort out if it's worth it (more to the point will I get value).

On Caribbean Princess two weeks ago there were milkshakes but most of the time only two flavours at a time. No malt shakes and no cherry on the top.

Just to mention, if you are diabetic, forget the soda package unless you drink Diet Coke. NO diet Sprite, NO diet Fanta or any other sugar free drinks available unless you bought in cans.

Are milkshakes included in the Unlimited soda & More package?!

When we first booked our cruise (11/15 Caribbean Princess), it listed milkshakes as an option, but when i look now it is no longer there!!!

Edited by 247readr

Are milkshakes included in the Unlimited soda & More package?!

When we first booked our cruise (11/15 Caribbean Princess), it listed milkshakes as an option, but when i look now it is no longer there!!!

Yes milkshakes are included unless you are on the Regal or the Royal where they don't make them at all.

On the "Soda & More" card is ...Fresh Fruit Smoothies...available? Also is "Green Smoothies" available anywhere onboard?

Thank You in advance for any info you can share with me. :)

Pat

I have never seen a green smoothie offered.

Does anyone have a list of Mocktails offered on the Soda & More card?

I like fruit smoothies...does Princess use fresh fruit in their smoothie options?

Thank You in advance for any info you can share with me. :)

Pat

Edited by 2Canucks

Don't recall seeing diet anything other than Cola on any line:(

I made the mistake of pre-paying for the UKP on a 14-day cruise on the Caribbean Princess this summer, and only found out after we sailed that the ONLY 2 diet drinks you can get with it are diet coke (yuk) and club soda. :mad: I don't drink sugared sodas, so this made the card almost useless to me (I did get a couple of mocktails, so it wasn't entirely useless, but it would have been way cheaper to go al la carte).

Princess really needs to make it much clearer that there are extremely limited options for sugar free sodas with this before you buy it. I understand that there are only a limited number of sodas they can put on the gun, but they could have had a different diet soda at each bar, so you would just learn where to go to get your choice of drink.

Very poorly done on Princesses part.

I made the mistake of pre-paying for the UKP on a 14-day cruise on the Caribbean Princess this summer, and only found out after we sailed that the ONLY 2 diet drinks you can get with it are diet coke (yuk) and club soda. :mad: I don't drink sugared sodas, so this made the card almost useless to me (I did get a couple of mocktails, so it wasn't entirely useless, but it would have been way cheaper to go al la carte).

Princess really needs to make it much clearer that there are extremely limited options for sugar free sodas with this before you buy it. I understand that there are only a limited number of sodas they can put on the gun, but they could have had a different diet soda at each bar, so you would just learn where to go to get your choice of drink.

Very poorly done on Princesses part.

I think the website makes it pretty clear what sodas they have if you have. Look.

I think the website makes it pretty clear what sodas they have if you have. Look.

I sure didn't see it when I looked before I sailed, so I I went back to look again, and in one place it says:

Sodas, Mocktails & More

Looking for something fruity and oh so refreshing? Quench your thirst with one of our alcohol-free mocktails, like a Sunshine Daiquiri, Fruity Rita or a No-jito. You’ll also find a wide selection of popular soft drinks from Coke and Sprite, to root beer, energy drinks and more. Try our Unlimited Soda & More drink package which includes fountain drinks, fruity mocktails, juices and creamy hot chocolate!

I guess I assumed the "and more" included some diet drinks.

In another place, I see that it says:

With our
Unlimited Soda Package
you'll never be without your favorite fountain sodas, Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, and Barq's Root Beer, to nostalgic orange soda, soda water, tonic water, and ginger ale.

Which is interesting, because they did not have Barq's on fountain (it was in cans, and hence not applicable), and they also did not have orange soda. They had the rest though. I don't think their wording is very clear that this is an exhaustive list. They certainly don't have my favorite fountain sodas, and the "to nostalgic orange soda" implies that there are others omitted for brevity.

I was really just wanting diet sprite, but no such luck.

It is pretty clear from the description DrMark found that Barq's Root Beer and orange soda is included.

Except that they are not.

Not pretty clear at all and Princess should have been willing to offer a refund once Dr. Mark found what was advertised was not so.

In another place, I see that it says:

With our
Unlimited Soda Package
you'll never be without your favorite fountain sodas, Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, and Barq's Root Beer, to nostalgic orange soda, soda water, tonic water, and ginger ale.

Which is interesting, because they did not have Barq's on fountain (it was in cans, and hence not applicable), and they also did not have orange soda.

It is pretty clear from the description DrMark found that Barq's Root Beer and orange soda is included.

Except that they are not.

Not pretty clear at all and Princess should have been willing to offer a refund once Dr. Mark found what was advertised was not so.

To be fair to Princess, by the time I figured out that I couldn't get what I wanted, it was already a couple of days into the cruise, and I decided to try to make the best of it, and didn't ask for a refund.

One of the things that made it unclear to me for so long is that on the first day, I asked one of the servers for a diet sprite, and she brought me what I thought was a diet sprite. I remember thinking that it tasted awfully sweet for a diet sprite, but thought it might just be the amount of syrup they put in the mix. The next day, I asked another server for a diet sprite, and also got a sweet tasting sprite. It wasn't until I made my third request that I was told that they didn't offer diet sprite on the card. That is when I started asking at the different bars what I could get. I think what happened was that the servers didn't speak English very well, and just brought me regular Sprites (either that, or they really did bring me diet sprites from cans and didn't charge me). It is a good think I'm not diabetic.

Question: If you pre-purchase the Ultimate Soda Package, before you board, how and when does the sticker make it to your Sail/Sign Card?

Also: There's a Orange Juice/Banana drink offered on the menu in the Piazza [i forget the name of it]; I ask the server to ask the bartender to put in more banana/less orange juice/add strawberries/ice cubes and mix well. The smoothie that comes to me is so good and good for you. I only have to ask for this special concoction once and the next time they see me they know exactly what I want. I show my UKD sticker on my card and get my smoothie, once or twice a day. It's so refreshing!

Question: If you pre-purchase the Ultimate Soda Package, before you board, how and when does the sticker make it to your Sail/Sign Card?

Also: There's a Orange Juice/Banana drink offered on the menu in the Piazza [i forget the name of it]; I ask the server to ask the bartender to put in more banana/less orange juice/add strawberries/ice cubes and mix well. The smoothie that comes to me is so good and good for you. I only have to ask for this special concoction once and the next time they see me they know exactly what I want. I show my UKD sticker on my card and get my smoothie, once or twice a day. It's so refreshing!

I KNOW that one cruise it was on there when we were handed our card.

And

I seem to recall that lat time it was actually printed on our card (but now I am wondering if that was Princess or another line, but I think it was Princess).