Blu dress code - change

Albert Ross

There are many people who have gone this route. Take a look around. True formal nights are dying. Sure there are many people who dress up nicely and enjoy doing it. There are also many people who think it's a drag to bring the fancy clothes. Ever since Delta lost my suitcase with my good formal attire, I only bring ordinary clothes that I couldn't care if they got lost. On the cruise when I had no luggage I wore very casual attire (all that I had) to dinner. Nobody looked at me...and nobody cared. As time as gone by, many people are opting to dress the smart/casual way. It's your cruise. You decide what "formal" is for you. I'd rather it weren't jeans and flipflops...just keep it clean and neat.

This transcript should clear it up once and for all:

Celebrity Rep: Thank you for contacting Celebrity live online chat, how may I help you?

Me: What is the dress code in Blu on formal nights?

Celebrity Rep: Blu is a specialty restaurant for Aqua Class guests and the dress code is formal on formal nights.

Me: What is the dress code in the specialty restaurants on formal night?

Celebrity Rep: The specialty restaurants dress code is always smart casual and above, on all nights.

Me: Is Blu a specialty restaurant?

Celebrity Rep: Yes, Blu is a specialty restaurant for Aqua Class guests.

Me: But didn't you say that the dress code in the specialty restaurants is always smart casual?

Celebrity Rep: Yes, the specialty restaurants are always smart casual and above.

Me: So wouldn't the dress code in Blu always be smart casual and above then?

Celebrity Rep: No, Blu is a specialty restaurant for Aqua Class guests.

Me: So how can the dress code in Blu be formal on formal nights if it is a specialty restaurant and the dress code for the specialty restaurants is always smart casual and above?

Celebrity Rep: Yes.

Me: Huh?

Celebrity Rep: Thank you for contacting Celebrity online help, have a good day.

Nothing like beating your head against the wall. LOL.:confused:

Don,

Most of us resemble your remark. Age has it privileges in that we can sometimes forget the old rules and not be concerned about it.

However, my wife and I are still the old-fashioned type. We believe that a person going to a fine dining establishment should dress for the occasion. My wife looks great in her evening attire and I enjoy wearing a suit or tux. For our cruise next week, we will be packing heavy with lots of formal dining attire.

Will we "look down" on others wearing blue jeans and such - NO. They are entitled to wear what they want. We just like to show our respect for the environment in which we dine and the employees who will be dressed to the nines as they used to say. I can tell you, we always have exemplary service.

Well put Frank, my thoughts exactly.

Don,

Most of us resemble your remark. Age has it privileges in that we can sometimes forget the old rules and not be concerned about it.

However, my wife and I are still the old-fashioned type. We believe that a person going to a fine dining establishment should dress for the occasion. My wife looks great in her evening attire and I enjoy wearing a suit or tux. For our cruise next week, we will be packing heavy with lots of formal dining attire.

Will we "look down" on others wearing blue jeans and such - NO. They are entitled to wear what they want. We just like to show our respect for the environment in which we dine and the employees who will be dressed to the nines as they used to say. I can tell you, we always have exemplary service.

I appreciate what your saying, but would you honestly wear a tux and your wife a ball gown on land? Or perhaps just a jacket?

I appreciate what your saying, but would you honestly wear a tux and your wife a ball gown on land? Or perhaps just a jacket?

If that was the requested attire by the establishment, or for the ocassion, yes. One is not expected to attend a black tie wedding in jeans and a polo shirt. AND, there are few restaurants around in which the staff is attired as formally as they are or provide the formality of service as they do here.

Besides, it's not like it is required EVERY night of the cruise.

If that was the requested attire by the establishment, or for the ocassion, yes. One is not expected to attend a black tie wedding in jeans and a polo shirt. AND, there are few restaurants around in which the staff is attired as formally as they are or provide the formality of service as they do here.

Besides, it's not like it is required EVERY night of the cruise.

You're saying there are few restaurants on land that provide the service and formality that the MDR on a ship serving 1,000 people at a time do? Seriously? We must dine out at very different places.

Info received today:

Although the dress code in Blu (dining venue for AquaClass guests) has always mirrored the dress code of the main dining room, the *NEW* dress code for Blu will now be “Smart Casual and Above” for all nights of the cruise. As a note, the dress code for all speciality dining restaurants is already “Smart Casual and Above” for all nights of the cruise. The main dining room is the only venue where formal attire is required on formal nights.

That should put an end to all the dress code discussions :rolleyes:

Great that means we can dress up as much as we like every night. My husband loves to wear his tux and white dinner jacket, we booked Blu/Aqua class for our next cruise.

I have had it confirmed by a source at Celebrity here in the UK that the following email information was received by them yesterday:

Blu Dress Code:

Although the dress code in Blu (dining venue for AquaClass guests) has always mirrored the dress code of the main dining room, the *NEW* dress code for Blu will now be “Smart Casual and Above” for all nights of the cruise. As a note, the dress code for all speciality dining restaurants is already “Smart Casual and Above” for all nights of the cruise. The main dining room is the only venue where formal attire is required on formal nights.

Phil

I found this on the FAQ section of the celebrity website:

What is the dress code for the specialty restaurants?

Subject: Dress Code

The dress code in Celebrity's specialty dining restaurants is "Smart Casual and Above" for every night of the cruise, regardless of the evening dress code in the main restaurant.

Hope this helps.

Sx

Albert:

Do you have a citation for this, some type of authority. I don't care either way what they do however if this is true it certainly will clarify the previous confusion created by Celebrity's web site.

I just checked the Celebrity website, and did not find anything regarding a dress code change for Blu. Where did the new information come from?

Just to state it again...it's not on Celebrity's website, so OP, where did you hear this?

I was sent this information from the UK office.

I see now that other UK residents have also received this information regarding dress code now.

Are the UK office more on the ball perhaps....?

Albert:

Appreciate your posts but you need to provide a source. You did the same thing a few weeks ago when you reported they would not open up adjacent verandas which was clearly not the case. Need a source..

Don,

The information regarding the balcony dividers was from the same source. I cannot speak as to why a supposed change in policy is not being adhered to on board the ships.

The policy is now simple...

Those from the UK can dress "smart casual", those from elsewhere have to dress formal....

And I bet the seapass cards will have a symbol on them much as they do now for non smoking... I suppose a symbol of a dress with a cross through it for those not required formal and no cross for those that must...just saying.....:)

I have had it confirmed by a source at Celebrity here in the UK that the following email information was received by them yesterday:

Blu Dress Code:

Phil

It would be nice if the Celebrity reps were aware of this change so they can offer proper information to those who call them.

And I bet the seapass cards will have a symbol on them much as they do now for non smoking... I suppose a symbol of a dress with a cross through it for those not required formal and no cross for those that must...just saying.....:)

LOL..........that's to funny!! Love it!!!:D

Archived