It pays to live in Florida

gcuecruise

Just had to post here. You couldn't pay me enough to live in Florida. I live in the beautiful northeast where we have 4 seasons, yes it snows but our homes are well built and can keep us warm, streets are plowed and snow is handled, not like in the south where if they get a dusting they panic. In Florida you can't go outside comfortably in the spring or summer, even sometimes in the early fall because it is so humid. If you have a pet you can't leave that pet outside unattended for fear it will get eaten. I could go on, but I'll end with just how ugly the state is, a bump in the road is a hill and those palm trees are just too dirty and ugly! I'll gladly pay airfare to cruise from the ports, much rather do that than live in such a sorry state!

Enjoy shoveling yourself out of your house when your snowed in. Enjoy running your water so your pipes don't freeze over and burst. Enjoy having to drive a crap car because the salt destroyed paint jobs and cars themselves. The list could go on and on for living in the north east. You couldn't pay me enough to live there or leave south Florida. :cool:

Thats ok, these people that brag about Florida used to live in NY and NJ. Allot of them still have that annoying NY Accent. and other accent is from the ones that swam from CUBA and happened to make a life in FLA. Id rather stay across the border in Ga. At least to shorten my drive to some of the ports without having to drive through Atlanta.:D I like to do allot of boating, i dont want to get bitten by Alligators after watersking. So I know there are very few if any in Ga.

Just had to post here. You couldn't pay me enough to live in Florida. I live in the beautiful northeast where we have 4 seasons, yes it snows but our homes are well built and can keep us warm, streets are plowed and snow is handled, not like in the south where if they get a dusting they panic. In Florida you can't go outside comfortably in the spring or summer, even sometimes in the early fall because it is so humid. If you have a pet you can't leave that pet outside unattended for fear it will get eaten. I could go on, but I'll end with just how ugly the state is, a bump in the road is a hill and those palm trees are just too dirty and ugly! I'll gladly pay airfare to cruise from the ports, much rather do that than live in such a sorry state!
Remember the saying from Bambi, "If you can't say something nice,don'tsay anything at all.":o

Remember the saying from Bambi, "If you can't say something nice,don'tsay anything at all.":o

Believe it or not, that's just about as nice as I can get about Florida. There are so many things that I didn't mention from my list of Florida problems, I could go on and on. But, some people enjoy their delusions thinking the state is so great, they are welcome to it!

Great idea as we are booked on Freedom Dec.11.Don't mind the I-75 so much but I do detest driving on I-4. We go the day before the cruise so have plenty of time, thanks.:cool:

We'll be there with you on the Freedom -- can't wait. We do have a short drive up the highway from Port St. Lucie/Jensen Beach area. By the way, Port St. Lucie is a very depressed housing market right now. I apologize to those who I might offend but if you don't have kids in school it's a great place to live. Freedom here we come!!!

WOW! That's all I have to say.

Believe it or not, that's just about as nice as I can get about Florida. There are so many things that I didn't mention from my list of Florida problems, I could go on and on. But, some people enjoy their delusions thinking the state is so great, they are welcome to it!
I repeat my original answer that you quoted,if you can't say anything nice why say anything at all.For your information we are not delusional,just happy to live in this great state.

I repeat my original answer that you quoted,if you can't say anything nice why say anything at all.For your information we are not delusional,just happy to live in this great state.

Thats Ok....we don't need those grouches down here anyway!! ;) :D

Have you ever noticed that some people seem to post just to stir the pot and see what rises?

I noticed an earlier post of yours. When people were asked why they deserve a cruise, your answer was

"because I live in the northeast and need to defrost! Obviously it's a caribbean cruise that I need"

I thought you loved your weather. My how people can change.

Have you ever noticed that some people seem to post just to stir the pot and see what rises?

I noticed an earlier post of yours. When people were asked why they deserve a cruise, your answer was

"because I live in the northeast and need to defrost! Obviously it's a caribbean cruise that I need"

I thought you loved your weather. My how people can change.

I do love my weather, thank you. Obviously you just don't understand humor. The standard answer for a person from the northeast would be to make a comment about wanting to go to warmer weather and that's what I did. Do you take everything that you read so literally? I'm done with all,this back and forth. I really don't like Florida, I know many that feel exactly as I do, and was expressing my opinion. Soon we may very well be reading about all the Florida residents whining about another hurricane that has wiped out some neighborhood or city, wonder if they just love their weather then!

3 million people without power because of snow in the northeast. I can't remember the last time that's happened to us here because of snow. Maybe someone here can remember the last time it's happened.

Lol or all of ny shutting down because a lowly cat 1 hurricane came and dropped a little rain. Lol.

I do love my weather, thank you. Obviously you just don't understand humor. The standard answer for a person from the northeast would be to make a comment about wanting to go to warmer weather and that's what I did. Do you take everything that you read so literally? I'm done with all,this back and forth. I really don't like Florida, I know many that feel exactly as I do, and was expressing my opinion. Soon we may very well be reading about all the Florida residents whining about another hurricane that has wiped out some neighborhood or city, wonder if they just love their weather then!

Oh your funny! LOL

Actually the fine folk of this thread are treating you pretty well........considering you are expressing a different opinion from the majority.........go for it!

I just wish more people think like you do.....I have been watching Florida get beat up, abused and bulldozed from immigrants from the south and the north!

I love Florida.............No it is not for everybody!

Oh your funny! LOL

Actually the fine folk of this thread are treating you pretty well........considering you are expressing a different opinion from the majority.........go for it!

I just wish more people think like you do.....I have been watching Florida get beat up, abused and bulldozed from immigrants from the south and the north!

I love Florida.............No it is not for everybody!

Kudos to you my friend. And you are right. Florida is NOT for everybody. And thank the good Lord for that. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose!

My Dad does not like Florida and won't live here. He lives in South Carolina, but his

heart is in Michigan (where I was born and grew up)....but he knows his daughter and son

in law love it here.

My Father in law can't stand Florida, and lives in Ohio.

I still love my Dads!! :D

The time to move to Florida is now for insanely low home $$$$.

No state income tax , and 7 months of wonderful weather.

However , better have income from somewhere else as good paying jobs are scarce and you will need $$$ to cruise with . Hence all the retiree's here.

According to the latest census #s the median age in Florida is 37.

We live very close to the port of Phoenix. It would be great if a cruise line would consider stopping by every so often. Oh, and your state is better than my state:)

WOW...who knew there was a Port of Phoenix? If you do happen to see a cruise line stopping by let me know as I would surely book a cruise outta there.

Oh, and by the way, YOUR state really is better than my state :D .

Archived