A Cruise for All Seasons..which is your favorite?

COLLEYBERRY

Destination and vacation time often dictates choice,,,that said.. what time of the year do you enjoy the most and why ?:)

We enjoy cruising in the winter. Being in the cold midwest it is good to get away. We usually do one in Nov/Dec and one in Feb/Mar. That breaks up the winter and sometimes at that time of the year you can get some real bargains which just makes it better. We have done a lot of cruises, so ports don't enter into the choice too much since many times we won't even get off the ship.

Cold, cool or even moderate; but not hot. The Panama Canal cruise was interesting, but way too hot and humid to enjoy. Alaska, New England/Canada, northern TAs the go to Greenland and Iceland, Europe in spring but not summer, Pacific Northwest or even Hawaii if it stays moderate. TAs are usually ok as it stays cool crossing the Atlantic. Right now we are looking forward to cooler temperatures next week and wishing everyone an extra cold winter

Can you tell from our cruise history below? We enjoy the cooler weather. Fall is my favorite time of year, can't wait to do the HAL Canada/New England itinerary one day. I vow to convince my husband that when we can retire, we're moving back up north. I'd rather snowplow a driveway than mow the lawn. :)

It doesn't matter to me when I cruise; it never did, even when I worked for a living. The only month in which I haven't cruised is April. Haven't figured out yet how that happened! :confused:

Most months there is a cool-cold place to cruise to, and that's my favorite destination, although I'll go elsewhere, too.

We cruise any month of the year.

Because HAL no longer sails the Caribbean a full six months of the year, we are limited to end of October through early May for Caribbean cruises which, at this age and stage, are our favorites EXCEPT for our annual Canada/New England cruises. We cruise Maasdam on that itinerary in June and/or August.

We had booked to sail the second half of Viking from Amsterdam to Boston this year in August but had to cancel due to DH's office.

In 'my perfect world', we'd sail every three of four months for ten to fourteen days and that would include a summer Caribbean cruise. Canada in June and then Caribbean in September.

Because my world isn't perfect, we took a resort vacation in FLL this summer because we couldn't sail. It had been a while since we stayed at a resort as our vacation and we really enjoyed it. :) Actually we enjoyed it more than we expected and May think about doing it more often.

I hate long distance flights these days and resist flying to Europe but we probably will think about doing that again soon. We did a huge amount of European travel and maybe it's time for more.

Winter - winter - winter!!! I am hooked on cruising in winter, to escape the cold and get my painted toes in the warm sand! I don't like to leave New England in the summer or fall, just too many places around here to enjoy the weather and scenery. And never in November and December. While the prices are good it is just such a busy time with family and festivities. I will save my cruise for winter, when things are boring and I am just waiting for Spring!

We work in a place where, even though we are not union, seniority still rules, and in our late 30s and early 40s, we do not have enough seniority to secure school holidays or national holidays. Which actually works out OK .. it's often cheaper to sail at "off" times and we are simply looking at our biggest bang for our buck. Late Oct/Early Nov and Early-Mid May seems to be our favorites at this point. We have to bid for vacation about a year in advance, and those times are typically easy for us to get and count on. :)

For some reason I have taken a several cruises in March. Sometimes we end up being with a lot of "spring breakers." However, on the cruises over seven days it is mostly 40+ age group.

I have taken several in Sept., but not to the Carib. Of course, summer cruises take me to Alaska and once to Europe. The only cruises I have been on in the winter is Carib. and Mex. Riv.

I'm sorry I can't decide. I love to cruise anytime of year.

Archived