Current Concierges continued

PH8

Kathy

Gustavo Butcher has extended on SP until 11/25/13. Telma is not coming back to RCCL. After vacation, Butcher will go to Vision as Diamond Concierge. According to Butcher, "the guy from Independence will be permanent Concierge on Splendour".

Have a great cruise!

Thanks Brenda!!:D wonder if he means Fernando or Raj?

Edited by PH8

AD Adventure -(Concierge)Sucel Nickings

(Dionne Jolly)

AL Allure --(Concierge)-Rahim Fraoui(on vacation 12/01/13-01/05/14) AND Dexter Fraser till 01/05/14

(Fernando Ugalde Nadal on vacation till 12/01/13)

(Diamond)"Ana" Anayansy Jimenez as of 09/29/13

BR Brilliance -(Concierge)Sascha Strack as of 11/16/13

(Willie Salaya)

(Diamond)Anis Tebbeb as of 11/16/13

EN Enchantment -(Concierge)Reyno Varkevisser as of 10/28/13

(Gazetty James)

(Diamond)Carlington Berry as of 10/14/13

EX Explorer- (Concierge)Nizar Laatiri till 12/12/13

(Denzil Fernandes)

FR Freedom (Concierge)-Rahul Barua as of 09/15/13

(Diamond)-Jorge Gutierrez till 01/12/14

(Bertrand Almeida)

GR Grandeur-(Concierge)-Ruth Romo Ortiz as of 11/08/13

(Diamond)Francis Calimag

ID Independence (Concierge) Fernando Cataldo till 11/23/13

(Raj Bhugwath)

(Diamond) -Columella Arandia as of 09/21/13

JW Jewel -(Concierge)Diego Tripaldi as of 06/28/13

LG Legend -(Concierge)Luca Iorio

(Diamond)Andrew Finegold as of 09/09/13

LB Liberty- (Concierge)-Carlos Ortiz till 12/07/13(Oana Papa)

(Diamond)-Mahmoud Messaoudi

(Oana Popa on vacation 10/06/13-12/06/13)

MJ Majesty - none

MA Mariner -(Concierge) &(Diamond)-Miao Miao Han

NV Navigator – (Concierge)Larissa Curduneanu (Ricardo Mock)

OA Oasis (Concierge)Israel Sanchez(as of 11/02/13) and Allan Fajardo

(Diamond)Charmaine Fernandes in DL as of 11/02/13

(Carolina Cullbera on vacation till 12/14/13)

RD Radiance -(Concierge)Juan Diego Miranda-Allen as of 09/14/13

(Diamond)HaJeong Shim"JJ" till 01/19/14

RH Rhapsody -(Concierge)Amit Chattopadhyay as of 08/16/13

(Pretty Shamu)

(Diamond) Karen Hernandez as of 06/28/13

SR Serenade - (Concierge)Mario Adonis Reyes till April 2014

(Diamond) Alan del Fiero

SP Splendour–(Concierge)Gustavo Butcher(till 11/25/13)

(Diamond)Gisleni Araujo

VI Vision - Betsy Medrano

(Diamond)-Efren Aquirre(Gustavo Butcher )

VY Voyager -(Concierge)Jayeon Hong as of July '13

Yangyang Qi

To email the concierge,use the 2 letter code for ship(i.e EX for Explorer),followed by an underscore then Concierge@rccl.com

The underscore is ONLY between the ships two letters and Concierge.

i.e

EX_Concierge@rccl.com

**For the Rhapsody RH_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**For the Grandeur GR_SuitesConcierge@rccl.com

**On Oasis and Allure you need a 01 or 02 in the email address since there are 2 concierges on each ship

i.e

OA_Concierge01@rccl.com

OA_Concierge02@rccl.com

On ships with Diamond lounge concierge,add the word Diamond in front of Concierge

i.e

FR_DiamondConcierge@rccl.com

I just got a couple of emails this morning in connection with upcoming cruises and have adjustments to the list....

Willie, who is on Brilliance is actually leaving for vacation on November 16, not the 19th... that makes a lot more sense because the 16th is turnover day.

Ellen....thanks for correcting the date for Willie on Brilliance. In trying to post from the ship I obviously got the dates mixed up. :o Easy to do when onboard and you don't know what day it is unless you look in the elevator. :)

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

This is our first time in suite. When should we be receiving an e-mail from the concierge?

Thanks!

You may or may not receive an email from the concierge. Different concierges have different procedures. If they do send an email, it will probably be around a week or so before the cruise.

Does this mean Reyno ( Enchantment ) is on vacation until 10/28 or does he start vacation on 10/28

The parentheses probably shouldn't be used the way they are. It would be easier to understand if only the vacationing concierge name and info was in parentheses. Reyno is currently on board. He did return on October 28. I've seen him with my own eyes. :)

Really he must have a twin that does the complete opposite then..............:eek:

Funny! We have to agree with you based on our experience on the recent Liberty TA. I'm not even sure who he was as we had no contact with him, not even a hello or how are you.

Maybe he was overwhelmed with the number of D/D+ & Pinnacles? :D

Sherri:)

Really he must have a twin that does the complete opposite then..............:eek:

Too funny but absolutely true. We knew Carlos from Navigator many years ago when he covered for Carlos Marasigan who WAS a great Concierge. The ratings were going down so bad when Carlos O was covering that Carlos M had to return early from vacation on one occasion:eek:.

On the Liberty TA Carlos O remembered us and did chat when we made eye contact or said hello but other than that , nada. I don't expect any 'Royal' treatment but we had an issue before we even stepped on the ship which I talked to Carlos about, a good Concierge would have sent something to the cabin as a way of apology for the upset.

Bozadar , DL Concierge, bent over backwards to resolve any issues and comped us a meal in a speciality restaurant when even his involvement didn't work. That was a really nice touch

Edited by heatherb1953

Too funny but absolutely true. We knew Carlos from Navigator many years ago when he covered for Carlos Marasigan who WAS a great Concierge. The ratings were going down so bad when Carlos O was covering that Carlos M had to return early from vacation on one occasion:eek:.

On the Liberty TA Carlos O remembered us and did chat when we made eye contact or said hello but other than that , nada. I don't expect any 'Royal' treatment but we had an issue before we even stepped on the ship which I talked to Carlos about, a good Concierge would have sent something to the cabin as a way of apology for the upset.

Bozadar , DL Concierge, bent over backwards to resolve any issues and comped us a meal in a speciality restaurant when even his involvement didn't work. That was a really nice touch

This is a perfect example of why NO concierge should ever be bashed. I've read so many times how great Carlos M is (was). A good friend of mine loves him. I cruised with him and just didn't see it. I would rate him at the very bottom of my list. Obviously he must be good since so many see him that way. But I found him detached and staring not at his computer but at his phone much of the time. I tried to engage him in conversation but was unsuccessful. He sat at his desk much of the time. He would jump up quickly when old ladies would enter the room and greet them but otherwise made no effort to work the room as others might do. I only mention him by name since he's no longer with the company.

There is another concierge that I've heard people rave about who I also don't understand why he is so highly esteemed. Both my husband and I wondered if he had any grasp on the english language. He was nice enough but he just didn't seem to have verbal responses to anything we said that made much sense. He did smile and seem somewhat friendly.

These are 2 concierges we just didn't click with for some reason.

I wondered what all the fuss was about Reyno. I now get it. :)

But for every concierge that people have complained about here, there are many more who seem to enjoy them. They are obviously doing something right or they wouldn't be in the position they are. One thing I think RCI definitely does very right is their hiring of concierges. All of them seem to be quite exceptional to most of the people who experience them. Some of them just don't click with some of us. I do know that sometimes they aren't liked because they won't break the rules. That's too bad. I've written my couple of less than stellar experiences off to a bad week for each particular concierge.

Gina

The parentheses probably shouldn't be used the way they are. It would be easier to understand if only the vacationing concierge name and info was in parentheses. Reyno is currently on board. He did return on October 28. I've seen him with my own eyes. :)

Feel free to take over so you can do the list better way:) its all yours.