No Paper Survey Form

sengsational

This is a first for me. There has always been a paper form at the end of the cruise. Usually there was a drawing to give people incentive to turn it in. This time (Crown), no survey. I think I saw an email in the mountain of email that built-up while I was away, but I can't imagine it's apples to apples with the paper survey. I mean, if you have something bad to say, you'll probably fill out the electronic one, but unless you have something really to write home about on the positive side, you might just skip it. I was just wondering if this had become the norm on Princess. Or maybe they don't sample 100% of the cruises? One thing I noticed (well, our whole traditional style diner table noticed) was that the service went from consistently "good" for the first 6 nights, and really a lot worse on the last night. The skeptic in me, in hind sight, wondered if the news that this cruise wouldn't have a paper survey leaked out to the servers. They no longer have the carrot (cash in the envelope from the days of old), and the stick was removed (the fresh experience when about to fill-out the paper survey). Time to start slacking off?

--Dale--

I personally like the electronic survey. I usually have better things to do the last day than complete the old form, (although I always did.) I have more time to reflect on what I want to say and, big bonus, nobody has to attempt to decipher my terrible handwriting! :D

One cruise I attempted to fill out the survey, but when I clicked on it, it said I had already completed it! Not true! I had comments to make and was not able to get Princess to send me another email survey link. Sometimes I wish we could do a paper survey again, but other times I realize just how much there is to do that last day so there's really not enough time to do it justice.

Princess has done away with paper surveys on all their ships for over a year now.

Maybe your waiter was just having a bad day. These individuals work 7 days a week for many months - they are bound to have a bad day here and there.

@Sengsational - Sorry if your waiter was a bit off the last day. Perhaps he or she wasn't feeling well, or was about to end their contract. Plus the last day is truly busy for all employees.

There was no 'leak' that there would be no paper survey. And as for the envelope, most people still give an envelope to the waiter, the assistant waiter and head waiter (and your cabin steward) on the last night. So, that's not it either. I honestly don't think that the staff suddenly stops caring and working because there's no 'carrot or stick'. They wouldn't have a job for long.

I love the paper survey. The only thing I would change is that I wish it allowed me to make personal comments on more than 4 members of the staff/crew. But, otherwise, I much prefer the email survey.

Me too. I actually have never received the electronic survey, so to me, filling in the paper one was important. I guess I just have to work harder to make sure I fill in the "makes a difference" cards because those are the only comments I seem to be able to make.

The electronic survey asks many less questions than the paper survey did, so there is less opportunity to rate more specific parts of the cruise.

Also, with the paper surveys it had been posted that they were looked at by ship personnel before being sent on to HQ. This allowed the staff to get knowledge of problem areas. There have been no postings about how the results now get back to the ship.

Eliminating the paper survey means that Princess saves the cost of the crystal ship model they gave for a drawing of the filled out forms.

Also, they have eliminated the shore excursion survey which allowed you to rate every Princess shore excursion. There is nothing equivalent on the electronic form.

Yes, doing it this way does eliminate having to fill it out when you are busy packing the last day, but:

o When you get home many people have too many e-mails to go through or are otherwise too busy to fill out the survey.

o If you are on a b2b, the time to fill out the form from the first segment may expire before you get home

o When filling out the form on the ship, memory of the experience is sharper than a week later when filling it out at home

o And, yes, there are still a number of Princess cruisers who do not have internet access and thus will not get the form and be able to fill it out.

Me too. I actually have never received the electronic survey, so to me, filling in the paper one was important. I guess I just have to work harder to make sure I fill in the "makes a difference" cards because those are the only comments I seem to be able to make.

Oh yes, we always fill out the "You Make a Difference" cards while aboard ship, as well, so that's one of the reasons I'm not too terribly concerned about the limitation in the paper survey, but would still like to be able to recognize on the survey everyone I gave a card to.

And, I have to say, though I always did it, I absolutely HATED filling out that paper survey on the last day. Coloring in all those little circles gave me flashbacks to college multiple choice exams. :eek: :p

I personally like the electronic survey. I usually have better things to do the last day than complete the old form, (although I always did.) I have more time to reflect on what I want to say and, big bonus, nobody has to attempt to decipher my terrible handwriting! :D

Exactly! Filling out that form while on the ship is rushed. I much prefer the electronic form.

Is their sufficient oppotunity on the electronic survey to write a narative? I have always spent time posting both my commendations as well as my recommendations for improvement when filling out the paper survey.

Is their sufficient oppotunity on the electronic survey to write a narative? I have always spent time posting both my commendations as well as my recommendations for improvement when filling out the paper survey.

I have a tendency to write novels (or novellas) on surveys, and I find they offer plenty of space, for the most part. The only limitation is that it only allows you to write up to 4 specific reviews of personnel, and then does not give the option of writing additional comments for more staff after that. So choose your top 4 wisely. ;)

Since, with the elimination of the paper survey, non-computer users have no forum, I think this system is unfair. It eliminates the evaluations of a segment of passengers. I think that a paper survey should be made available to them.

Archived