2013/2014 Deployment Schedule(for bookings)

PH8

Did I miss it or did the "week of" March 26 Summer Europe & TA NOT get released yet?

Someone was told today, but that doesn't seem to be happening. Perhaps tomorrow as they seem to like opening bookings on Tuesdays for some reason...

I'd suggest to RCI that they hurry up with the summer Europe before they lose more bookings to Celebrity and others!

Someone was told today, but that doesn't seem to be happening. Perhaps tomorrow as they seem to like opening bookings on Tuesdays for some reason...

I'd suggest to RCI that they hurry up with the summer Europe before they lose more bookings to Celebrity and others!

Not that I'm not champing at the bit like everybody else on this thread, but why would somebody jump to another cruise line because the itineraries aren't out over a year in advance? I can see if you need to get a large group of people going that you need as much time as possible, but for those of us who are just couples, waiting another month isn't going to make any difference - you can't even book air yet, and most employers aren't thinking about 2013 vacation schedules yet...

Just wondering...

i am already starting to look at Celebrity. After November I am at 78 points with C&A, so I would want to book a short cruise to get my Diamond status before a 2013 Celebrity trip and my Elite status over there.

I really want to see what other Voyager class sailings will be going on.

Not that I'm not champing at the bit like everybody else on this thread, but why would somebody jump to another cruise line because the itineraries aren't out over a year in advance? I can see if you need to get a large group of people going that you need as much time as possible, but for those of us who are just couples, waiting another month isn't going to make any difference - you can't even book air yet, and most employers aren't thinking about 2013 vacation schedules yet...

Just wondering...

Exactly my thoughts...

"Celebrity and other" bookings are fully refundable so they're not losing anything.

I am one of those 'champing at the bit' to get booked for 2013 !!!!

there are 5 of us so I need to get in early to either get a family ocean view or 2 cabins next to each other (3 adults 2 teenagers)

If it was only me and lovely OH I would hold off and see if there was free flights etc....but can't risk it when travelling with my sister and the boys.

Sandra x

Just called as they were supposed to be released today. Now I was told "by the end of the month"

I am really disappointed. No reason for the delay. Just that they are "sorry for the delay"

Oh please do not say that..!!!!!!

I was told today that the staff were having their meetings todayhahaha ready for tomorrow !....I was promised a phone call if anything had changed...I got no call so I am living in hope that this time tomorrow we will be booked for something in the Med for 2013....fingers crossed, toes crossed, eyes crossed and everything else I can possibly cross without injuring myself....hahahaha

Sandra;)

i am already starting to look at Celebrity.

Got an email from =X= today, promotion for Silhouette. Second guest 50% off !!

Celebrity Silhouette 11- to 13-Night Mediterranean Cruises, inside rates starting at $1,199†*, second guest rate starting at $589†*.

I guess there will be further deals this summer too.

Just wondering...

Some people aren't wedded to one cruise line and the continued absence of RCI itineraries in the market (especially if this goes on for a while) will cause, if nothing else, people to take a harder look at the competition in the meantime. That may result in lost bookings. That's just my opinion, I'm sorry if you can't understand it / don't agree.

I'm not booking until later this month anyway but I'm seriously considering "jumping ship" for reasons unrelated to this delay (I'd rather cruise on a brand new S Class ship than a Vision Class ship anyway... so I'm quite curious to see what's going to be available. A Radiance class ship on the itinerary I like with a date that works for me would interest me). If RCI still doesn't have itineraries out when I'm ready to book I will book Celebrity.

Gospelle: Yes, they're refundable... but if someone books Celebrity or another line early... with a ship and itinerary that they're happy with... and gets a cabin in a prime location (as people who book early tend to)... perhaps Royal loses that booking. I've been on more than enough cruises to know that a booking is refundable, thanks for the heads up. :rolleyes:

i am already starting to look at Celebrity.

Got an email from =X= today, promotion for Silhouette. Second guest 50% off !!

Celebrity Silhouette 11- to 13-Night Mediterranean Cruises, inside rates starting at $1,199†*, second guest rate starting at $589†*.

I guess there will be further deals this summer too.

My eyes nearly popped out of my head when I saw that e-mail!!! Too bad I'm already booked elsewhere for this spring/summer.

Just wondering...

I wouldn't jump to another cruise line, but my fiancee's aunt is setting up another family cruise for summer 2013 (we did one last summer too). This time it's in Europe, and with 20ish people you have to lock down dates or they start to bail.

I admit I'm just antsy cause I want to know for sure what ship we're on :)

Some people aren't wedded to one cruise line and the continued absence of RCI itineraries in the market (especially if this goes on for a while) will cause, if nothing else, people to take a harder look at the competition in the meantime. That may result in lost bookings. That's just my opinion, I'm sorry if you can't understand it / don't agree.

I'm not booking until later this month anyway but I'm seriously considering "jumping ship" for reasons unrelated to this delay (I'd rather cruise on a brand new S Class ship than a Vision Class ship anyway... so I'm quite curious to see what's going to be available. A Radiance class ship on the itinerary I like with a date that works for me would interest me). If RCI still doesn't have itineraries out when I'm ready to book I will book Celebrity.

Gospelle: Yes, they're refundable... but if someone books Celebrity or another line early... with a ship and itinerary that they're happy with... and gets a cabin in a prime location (as people who book early tend to)... perhaps Royal loses that booking. I've been on more than enough cruises to know that a booking is refundable, thanks for the heads up. :rolleyes:

Don't be sorry.:) I was thinking more of people who say that they really want to book RCI but won't do it if the itineraries don't come out soon. I should think that if they really want to book RCI, they'll wait.

I also think it's quite foolish of RCI management to put out a schedule of deployments and then ignore it. They do it every year, so you'd think that they would just stop.

I wouldn't jump to another cruise line, but my fiancee's aunt is setting up another family cruise for summer 2013 (we did one last summer too). This time it's in Europe, and with 20ish people you have to lock down dates or they start to bail.

I admit I'm just antsy cause I want to know for sure what ship we're on :)

That I get (both the group and the antsy).:)

Don't be sorry.:) I was thinking more of people who say that they really want to book RCI but won't do it if the itineraries don't come out soon. I should think that if they really want to book RCI, they'll wait.

I also think it's quite foolish of RCI management to put out a schedule of deployments and then ignore it. They do it every year, so you'd think that they would just stop.

That I get (both the group and the antsy).:)

We agree after all. ;)

I had an absolutely wonderful 12 night Western Med cruise on the Brilliance back in 2006. I'm waiting to see if they'll send Serenade Eastern Med to the Greek Isles when I want to go. If they do, I guess it'll come down to price between RCI and X? Tough choice otherwise... Radiance class ships are beautiful but so are the new S class ships.

We agree after all. ;)

I had an absolutely wonderful 12 night Western Med cruise on the Brilliance back in 2006. I'm waiting to see if they'll send Serenade Eastern Med to the Greek Isles when I want to go. If they do, I guess it'll come down to price between RCI and X? Tough choice otherwise... Radiance class ships are beautiful but so are the new S class ships.

Ain't it grand to have choices? We're on the Brilliance TA - we had a short cruise on her in 2005 and have wanted to do a "real" one ever since. We also want to try the Solstice class - that may be our New Year's cruise for 2013.

If you know they're refundable then you should know that your point is baseless. Regardless of what they've booked, the moment RCCL comes out with their itineraries then they can immediately grab it if they like it better. The EXACT same thing they'd do if all itineraries were available at the same time. Bottom line, RCCL isn't losing anything, so saying they are is kind of silly.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just called as they were supposed to be released today. Now I was told "by the end of the month"

I am really disappointed. No reason for the delay. Just that they are "sorry for the delay"

I've been obsessively checking all day because I want to do a 2013 honeymoon cruise. I know a few weeks is no biggie but I am excited & I like to plan ahead. HURRY UP RCCL!!!

If you know they're refundable then you should know that your point is baseless. Regardless of what they've booked, the moment RCCL comes out with their itineraries then they can immediately grab it if they like it better. The EXACT same thing they'd do if all itineraries were available at the same time. Bottom line, RCCL isn't losing anything, so saying they are is kind of silly.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I gave you concrete situations / examples where the scenario I outlined could come to fruition.

But its okay, you're right... Sorry to let my logic intrude on your cheerleading. I'll go call up Adam Goldstein right now on his super top secret Batphone and tell him that there's no rush releasing those itineraries beause Gospelle on Cruise Critic says so!

You know, if you disagree with me that's fine... I respect that... but calling what I wrote "baseless" is just arrogant.

:rolleyes:

top secret Batphone

Errr.... i mean... shellphone.

The Sea is Calling... but if we don't stop asking about those darn 2013 Summer Europe deployments its going to hang up and block our number! :p

My dh called C&A today asking about the Jewel Westbound TA, and we were told the same thing to expect the remaining 2013 Europe & TA itineraries to be released within a month.

The S-class ships are lovely, or at least the Equinox is (the only S-class ship we have been on). The Equinox is now our favorite ship along with the Azamara Quest. We hope to do two Europe or TA cruises next year, one of which will likely be on the Silhouette. We are "patiently" (yeah, right) waiting for the Jewel Westbound TA itinerary to see if that will be one of them or otherwise one on the Constellation.

Has anyone picked up any rumors about whether or not the Jewel will be homeported year 'round in Tampa?

Where did you hear that as a possibility?

Kathy

Archived