Celebrity Millennium Elite Questions

DebiOliva

1.My first time traveling on Celebrity. I am Diamond Plus on RCCL I have booked a Veranda Stateroom on Penthouse level. I am traveling with my husband and 22 year old daughter. I am wondering , on RCCL you can get a free upgrade as long as one is available free of charge. Is this option available on Celebrity and if so, how do you obtain it?

2. Is there anything for my 22 year old daughter to do on this ship?

3. I was told by the agent that booked me that they don't mind smoking on the balconies but the website says different. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance, Debi:D

We are D+ and also Elite and just spent the month of February on Millie so can give a few answers:

No free upgrades as on RCCl. (Not that we have actually gotten many of the Royal's D+ upgrades over the years.)If you book a future cruise onboard, though, there are limited upgrades available for free.

Absolutely no smoking on the balconies or cabins.

Not knowing your daughter, I can't think of anything that would only appeal to her age, however, there are interesting activities day and night. Perhaps the late hours dj party on deck 11 might appeal to your daughter?

They are both about the same size; however, we love the centrum and the aft entertainment area beyond where the pool tables are (sorry forgot the name of the venue.)on Jewel. I also think the adult only pool is much prettier on Jewel.

However, the heated thalasotherapy on Millie is great-especially the places where you can just lie suspended in the pool and feel the bubbles.

Millie also has the health-conscious food buffet in that area that is really good. All time favorite about Celebrity is the home-made ice cream in the buffet area and all the free M&M's plain or peanut!

As D+ you can enjoy a continental breakfast in Michael's Club with mimosas, bloody mary, fruit shakes, etc. and the evening cocktail party-though short 5-7 is very nice (doesn't have the large appetizer buffet, though.) We really enjoy both ships a lot.

The Millennium is a nice ship although tired imho. There are plenty of reviews about this ship. If you are Elite, you will have access to special events at Michaels Club in the morning and in the evening. In the morning you can enjoy there specialty coffees such as capuchino free of charge. In the evening you will have several drink options and small canapes. Have a good time:D

I would call your TA back and tell her she gave you incorrect information about smoking on Celebrity balconies. People who don't know the rules can get fined for smoking in non designated areas and smoking on verandas is definitely a NO-NO!

p.s. Enjoy the Millie. A great ship

I would call your TA back and tell her she gave you incorrect information about smoking on Celebrity balconies. People who don't know the rules can get fined for smoking in non designated areas and smoking on verandas is definitely a NO-NO!

p.s. Enjoy the Millie. A great ship

Just to back up above comment, they are very strict with the smoking, no smoking in cabins or on balconies. Your TA is dead wrong. They will warn you once and then you will get a $250.00 fine.

1.My first time traveling on Celebrity. I am Diamond Plus on RCCL I have booked a Veranda Stateroom on Penthouse level. I am traveling with my husband and 22 year old daughter. I am wondering , on RCCL you can get a free upgrade as long as one is available free of charge. Is this option available on Celebrity and if so, how do you obtain it?

2. Is there anything for my 22 year old daughter to do on this ship?

3. I was told by the agent that booked me that they don't mind smoking on the balconies but the website says different. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance, Debi:D

If your DD is in to sports there is pool volleyball with and against PAX and Officers, basketball, also dance classes, lectures on various topics, trivia, shows or entertainers every night. Cooking demonstrations, bands and dancings, as already stated DJ and late night dancing. There is also a gym and phyed classes. We are D+ as well and most everything I have mentioned is available in RCCL ships, so you should have a good idea of what is available to her.

If she is in you cabin she is eligible for the CC breakfast and Happy Hour, if not already Daimond.

They print a wee no smoking symbol on your sea pass as a reminder. Enjoy. ~ Ric

I've found that teens and young adults travelling alone always seem to meet others...they have a way of finding them. Celebrity, on the whole, has less organized activities during the day but they usually have something going on at the pool or a live band. If your daughter needs to be entertained, probably RCL is a better bet. If she doesn't mid spending some time vegging out, reading, etc then Celebrity is a much more relaxing cruise line, at least that's what we've found.

The RCL ships seem to be designed to bring people together into one area so it's like a "street party" type of atmosphere. Celebrity ships are designed just the opposite....you really have to search to find any sort of larger mass of people at bars or shopping other than around the pool or at shows at night.

We've cruised with our teen then 20+ daughters a number of times on Celebrity, and they loved it. There were other young adults around, and they met the entertainers a few times and hung with a good group. They enjoyed Celebrity so much, one got married on a Celebrity cruise, and both of them are now 'Celebrity Snobs'! When we cruised other Lines with them, and I had to remind them that their cruise was Free, so stop the moaning about how much better Celebrity did such-and-such. Funny.

It all depends on the individual. People can find fault in pretty much everything (just read some of the posts!), but I'm sure she'll find 'something' to do, unless she doesn't want to do anything.

Den

As D+ you can enjoy a continental breakfast in Michael's Club with mimosas, bloody mary, fruit shakes, etc. and the evening cocktail party-though short 5-7 is very nice (doesn't have the large appetizer buffet, though.) We really enjoy both ships a lot.

My wife and I are new to RCCL/X, what is D+?

When does she go to be Solsticized ?

Next month. Her last cruise is April 16th for 5 nights. April 21st she

will go into drydock and her next cruise is on May 12th, a 15

night sailing going westbound from Miami through the Panama

Canal ending in San Diego. So she will be out of service for part

of April and part of May.

Archived