Offered a JS for $150 extra

That sounds like a good price to move up to a JS. And, because you are paying for the upgrade you will get double points.

Pretty much, think about it as getting credited for 2 cruises and only paying $150 more. I'm sure the first half of the credits costed a lot more than $150.

I'm a diamond member sailing solo on the Oasis in a few weeks in a D5 Superior Oceanview Balcony. They are offering me an upgrade for an additional $150. Is it worth it?

I think it's a very good price. The normal delta between a a D and JS on Oasis/Allure is $800 to $1000 per person. I'd jump on it.

Since you'll be the only one in the room, I guess it depends if the added space is worth the $150.....I love a JS, but it's mainly because a standard cabin isn't large enough (IMO) for 2 adults to be comfortable and I like a bathtub. With only 1 adult, not sure the space is worth the money!

I would definitely upgrade to the JS for such a reasonable price. The extra 100 s.f. of stateroom, larger balcony, double points, bathtub, and if it has the walk-in closet like on the Radiance ...enjoy it all!

Im not one that worries much about a cabin nor do I stay in it very much at all but I would have to jump all over this for 150.00 total. The extra cruise credit alone is worth that. :)

I'm a diamond member sailing solo on the Oasis in a few weeks in a D5 Superior Oceanview Balcony. They are offering me an upgrade for an additional $150. Is it worth it?

I also sail solo. It's good to hear that upgrades are offered to those sailing alone. This is the first time I have heard of a solo being offered an upgrade or upsell.

You all have made me very excited! Feels like my birthday :)!

Deck 7 starboard hump. It is a connecting cabin, but fingers crossed the neighbors won't be too noisey.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Deck 7 great location! Deck 6 Diamond Lounge & Deck 8 Central Park!

Since you'll be the only one in the room, I guess it depends if the added space is worth the $150.....I love a JS, but it's mainly because a standard cabin isn't large enough (IMO) for 2 adults to be comfortable and I like a bathtub. With only 1 adult, not sure the space is worth the money!

Are you nuts?? (and I ask that in only the nicest way possible, LOL). $150 is chicken feed for that kind of upgrade, and worth every cent. I've been lucky to be upgraded to a JS a couple of times as a solo cruiser and have enjoyed every second of the experience. The only problem is that then it feels a little cramped when DH comes - GS, anybody?:D

Deck 7 starboard hump. It is a connecting cabin, but fingers crossed the neighbors won't be too noisey.

Enjoy! And don't forget that, if you like coffee and tea, you will have a setup in the cabin so won't have to call room service if you don't feel like being woken up in the morning.:D

You are sooooooo lucky! I'd take that in a heartbeat!

Currently according to the website I am being offered an upgrade to a JR Suite for an extra $67 per person per day...10 night cruise...3 people...no thanks I'll stick to my superior oceanview balcony for $2000 less :p

To answer the original question: YES

We love Jr suites. The tub is great to soak in after a long day and if you are a clothes whore like my hubby...you will love that walk in closet!

Enjoy yourself...:D You got a deal!

So glad you decided to upgrade. Looks like a great location. You will really enjoy it. I'm cruising solo in a JS on my next cruise. Heaven!!!

I am so happy for you. You will not be disappointed. Being a solo cruiser getting it at that price is a steel:D Even for a couple it is!

Did they call you and offer you the discount? They call this upselling on NCL and it is about time they started doing this on RCCL. This way you get a great upgrade and your double points too. Best of both worlds.

Have fun and enjoy.

Archived