End of Cruise Survey

sail7seas

We always fill them in, as we usually have good things to say and want to make sure that the "powers that be" see the good scores.

I also write an additional note if there isn't enough room on the form for my comments. On Maasdam, I wrote a note about how wonderful our waiters were. On QM2, I wrote a note to the cruise director, waitstaff, and stewards thanking them for NOT reminding people about the survey and not begging for good marks. I was annoyed on Maasdam that the best service we had from our cabin stewards was the last few days when they asked if we needed extra towels, more ice, etc and oh by the way, don't forget the questionnaire. Don't beg for good marks. EARN them throughout the cruise.

I agree the 'begging' for good scores is unpleasant. We NEVER heard any of that on HAL as little as two or three years ago but it seems to be seeping in. The Cruise Directors are being a little too forceful at the Disembarkation Talks in their requests for 9's IMO.

I am curious, though, about those who as a rule do not complete or turn in the surveys. I've always wondered why.

Ok, I'll be the first to admit that I don't always fill out the survey. It takes up my time and something that while on vacation I chose not to feel obligated to do it or guilty if I don't.

I really see no point in it. Especially where the CD and staff are saying unless you were reeeaaallly disappointed in something, mark it all 9s. So what the point if all HAL wants to see is 9s.

As with my people, companies hear from me when I've receive exceptional service or lack off. Otherwise I don't waste my time.

We always complete the survey. On my last cruise on the W-dam on 4/1, I actually had a letter waiting for me in the stateroom from the Hotel Manager stating, "...It has been brought to our attention that on a previous voyage, within the Guest Satisfaction Survey form, you identified several areas you feel we can improve upon...feedback from our Mariners allows us to gain insight into our guests' wishes and needs...", so they do actually read them. I always thought the surveys went into the circular file. LOL!

hi, dr. dawg here. i ALWAYS provide input at the end of the cruise. usually, i fill out the form. if i don't get the form at my cabin, i go to the front desk and request one. also, i take a sheet of stationary from my cabin and write comments. these are mostly good things, commending some of the staff and crew who have been so great. on rare occasions, they are not good , but i try to suggest ways for improvement rather than just finding fault. often i get communication back from HAL very kindly thanking me for my input. i know these forms and comments are reviewed and put in front of the staff/crew by the hotel manager; a friend on the tahiti cruise actually heard one of the sessions. he was impressed by the tone of the session; and those cited as especially pleasing to passengers, do get rewarded. it is a very professional and supporting process. besides -- a bit of humor here -- they probably critique me too, as a passenger. and i've had my 'moments' i suppose.

We always take time to fill out the surveys carefully. So far we have always had several stewards and crew members who we feel deserve special recognition so we are sure to get their names and make note of them.

On our one Celebrity cruise last fall I was surprised that we got a mid-cruise survey. I did have a complaint about a shore excursion, and was very surprised to get phone calls from both the shore excursion department and another department (I can't remember now who) about it. I haven't had many complaints on HAL cruises, but when I did, I never got a response like that.

We always fill out the survey. It's an opportunity to comment on the people by name, who have given wonderful service, and to offer comments on what was great and what could be improved. I do believe those sheets are read by the Captain and Seattle.

I've never filled one out and never really thought about it. Not really sure why, but I guess maybe because I'm pretty happy with the way things are going. That, and I'm just not a big fan of feedback surveys. Maybe I'm just lazy, but I cruise to relax and get away from doing paperwork. The customs stuff is bad enough.

We always fill ours out & mostly they are good.. However on one cruise we did comment about something & on our next cruise we received a letter like Skippers Mom ..

"It has been brought to our attention that on a previous voyage, within the Guest Satisfaction Survey form, you identified several areas you feel we can improve upon...etc"

Not sure this was the exact wording, but it was similar & when we received the letter I had CRS.. For the life of me could not remember what we thought could have been improved, on our last cruise..;)

I'm another one who dislikes being asked to give the staff a 9..

Cheers...:)Betty

We've missed doing a couple - just delivered too late and not enough time to do them:eek: It would be nice if they delivered them at least the morning before - but that's probably asking a lot;)

We always fill ours out & mostly they are good.. However on one cruise we did comment about something & on our next cruise we received a letter like Skippers Mom ..

"It has been brought to our attention that on a previous voyage, within the Guest Satisfaction Survey form, you identified several areas you feel we can improve upon...etc"

Not sure this was the exact wording, but it was similar & when we received the letter I had CRS.. For the life of me could not remember what we thought could have been improved, on our last cruise..;)

I'm another one who dislikes being asked to give the staff a 9..

Cheers...:)Betty

Oddly enough, now that I think about it, the best service we had on Maasdam was our waiters, and if they mentioned the survey, it was only once. After our first night, we told the maitre d' that we wanted to keep that table because of the great service. We mentioned the great service several times. Perhaps that got back to the servers and they knew they would get 9s, so they didn't need to beg? The cabin stewards and CD begged constantly.

I turn them in blank. I am not going to spend my cruise time filling out surveys, especially when they are not anonymous and the cruise director asks for nines.

I think you have raised a good question.......

If the survey was anonymous, would you respond differently? ;)

FWIW, on my recent cruise, a staff member told me the ratings were for Seattle and the comments were for the ship. They review the comments in meetings among all those in their group (e.g., housekeeping, entertainment, etc.) and discuss ways to improve.

I also would prefer to fill mine out after I got home but they probably get a better return rate they way they do it. And I give 9s to everyone who earned one (which is to say, not everybody does).

If the survey was anonymous, would you respond differently? ;)

No. I stand behind anything I say on the survey, positive or negative, and I have no problem signing my name and identifying myself. If I were in business, I would totally disregard anonymous comments anyway. The Internet has proven how unpleasant and bizarre people can be when no one knows who they are. A legitimate complaint or suggestion for improvement should be presented in a productive way and carries much more weight when there is a face and name behind it.

I'm not a tough grader and make many allowances for minor problems and annoyances. If something really bugs me, I mention it. That said, I don't automatically give everything a 9. I give 9's when I feel they have been earned.

Who cares what the cruise director wants? I don't know anybody who gets everything they want, including me.

Archived