DIY Paper Luggage Labels !!!

DAN 60

It seem's we no longer get our luggage labels sent through the post.

And instead have to print them ourself's. On our last cruise the labels

were gone with the wind.

Go down to reception they said, yes there they were cases no labels.

Thank you, now cart them back to the cabin, no she didn't say that.

She said we will deliver them to your cabin, odear they dont have any

labels on them.Don't worry i said i will take them myself.

I will use my printer, my paper, my tape my stapeller my strength my

patience,

O.K i feel better now, nothing will be done anyway.

Have never once received luggage tags ahead of time- either when ordered or back when they were supposedly sent out with our cruise packet -and have been cruising since 2000. Have always- at every port - picked up the blank luggage tags at the port, filled them out and put them on right then and there. Problem solved.

i received an email survey about receiving email luggage tags as opposed to land mail luggage tags. the email i received stated that nothing had been decided as of yet. i voted to keep the self-adhesive tags that are mailed to passengers.

Have never once received luggage tags ahead of time- either when ordered or back when they were supposedly sent out with our cruise packet -and have been cruising since 2000. Have always- at every port - picked up the blank luggage tags at the port, filled them out and put them on right then and there. Problem solved.

After this trial run if X decides that they are not mailing them out and more people are going to opt to just have them put on at the port, that area is going to be that much more congested. I always avoid the groups of people circled/hovering around the porters waiting their turn for tags. I just ordered the luggage tog holders as I can't be bothered to be crafty and haul staples, cable ties, nail clippers etc. :D

After this trial run if X decides that they are not mailing them out and more people are going to opt to just have them put on at the port, that area is going to be that much more congested. I always avoid the groups of people circled/hovering around the porters waiting their turn for tags. I just ordered the luggage tog holders as I can't be bothered to be crafty and haul staples, cable ties, nail clippers etc. :D
I can't even imagine what it would be like for 3 oe 4 thousand passengers all waiting to get luggage tags at the port.:eek:

It seem's we no longer get our luggage labels sent through the post.

And instead have to print them ourself's. On our last cruise the labels

were gone with the wind.

Go down to reception they said, yes there they were cases no labels.

Thank you, now cart them back to the cabin, no she didn't say that.

She said we will deliver them to your cabin, odear they dont have any

labels on them.Don't worry i said i will take them myself.

I will use my printer, my paper, my tape my stapeller my strength my

patience,

O.K i feel better now, nothing will be done anyway.

As you are in the UK you can get reusable holders from http://www.cruisegiftstore.com/cruise_etag_holder.htm

Mine arrived in 2 days -very impressed with service, instead of having to get all 'Blue Peter' with sticky backed plastic....:rolleyes:

I completed my on-line check-in a few weeks ago for my November 19th cruise on the Century. When I finished I looked for a place to print out luggage tags, as the instructions that mentioned them didn't seem clear as to weather they would be mailed to me, or I had to print them myself. There didn't seem to be anyplace that would allow me to print them, so I assumed they would be mailed.

I sure would hate to have to stand in line and wait while someone entered all of my information and printed the labels at the dock when I could have done it at home and all I would have had to do is hand the bags to a porter.

In the past I've sailed on Holland America, and had to print my own labels. Clear packing tape over the label seemed to work well for me.

According to Celebrity's web site, they will not be sending luggage tags for the Eclipse T/A on Oct 27th. Instead, you can either print your own from the documents or you can get the tags at the port. My wife also got a questionaire where she indicated her complete disike of this new twist....perhaps as a result of her note to the new CEO's new mail address where he's asked for comments.

We will wait and get our bags tagged at the port. If there is a very long line, we will try the various tactics (with everyone else)...we are captain's club selite, we are in aqua class, we are old and so on :)

My expectation is that the porters will be overwhelmed and there will be massive grumbling about it on the ship and on cruise critic as well....but I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Hi - we too are in Canada - Is it a US site you ordered from? I was going to order from the one mentioned elsewhere on cc but figured if there is a Canadian supplier, I'd prefer to go to that one.

..we are captain's club selite,

is that a new one between Select and Elite? ;)

LOL, now there's a thought.

We've printed our own labels for the last few cruises and it takes just a few minutes - can't understand why all the big fuss about it. Just print, fold, put a little tape over it, done. Its' kind of a fun project and marks another milestone in the countdown to the actual cruise. We have a mini stapler (about 1 1/2 inches long) that easily fits into the purse to apply the labels when we leave the airport or hotel. Takes less than a minute to apply. We later found that the stapler came in very handy when we filled a "all you can stuff in" laundry bag - stapled it shut so things didn't fall out. Surely this should be WAY down at the bottom of everyone's list of things to worry about!

Hi - we too are in Canada - Is it a US site you ordered from? I was going to order from the one mentioned elsewhere on cc but figured if there is a Canadian supplier, I'd prefer to go to that one.

LOL, now there's a thought.

Couldn't find a place in Canada so I ordered from Favors from Serendipity

I think there was only a $5 shipping charge or so. Received them very quickly:)

I called Celebrity and ordered my luggage tags for my upcoming November 10th cruise.

On one cruise, I forgot to order them, so I printed the luggage tags, laminated them (2 back to back), put a hole in it and then tied them to the luggage with string...worked like a charm. Even got a nice compliment from the gentleman who took my luggage at the pier.

We've printed our own labels for the last few cruises and it takes just a few minutes - can't understand why all the big fuss about it. Just print, fold, put a little tape over it, done. Its' kind of a fun project and marks another milestone in the countdown to the actual cruise. We have a mini stapler (about 1 1/2 inches long) that easily fits into the purse to apply the labels when we leave the airport or hotel. Takes less than a minute to apply. We later found that the stapler came in very handy when we filled a "all you can stuff in" laundry bag - stapled it shut so things didn't fall out. Surely this should be WAY down at the bottom of everyone's list of things to worry about!

Certainly not a huge issue in the scheme of things and if they convert, of course we will deal with it. But it is just one more nice thing that set Celebrity apart from the masses that might be ending. :( I have enough projects to handle - don't need one more and while it is not that big a deal, I personally don't find any fun in the idea. My luggage is heavy enough, I don't want to have to now try to remember to bring a little stapler with me. Not a catastrophy; just annoying.

Carnival owned cruiselines have been printing their own luggage tags for years now. I have used the clear packing tape method with great success in the past..................

................I sure would hate to have to stand in line and wait while someone entered all of my information and printed the labels at the dock when I could have done it at home and all I would have had to do is hand the bags to a porter.

In the past I've sailed on Holland America, and had to print my own labels. Clear packing tape over the label seemed to work well for me.

We never "had" to print our own luggage tags for either Carnival or Holland America cruises.

Passengers may print them in advance or not, as they wish.

Luggage tags are provided at the pier for both Carnival and Holland America, just as for other cruise lines.

At the ports where we have embarked, they never "printed the labels at the dock" either, but simply wrote your cabin number on the tag with a sharpie or pen.

If we arrive at the dock during a busy time and don't want to wait for a porter to fill out and attach the tags, we just pick up as many tags as we want, write in our cabin number and attach the tags ourselves.

It is really no big deal for an able-bodied person and is much faster than filling out the health form, which is something else that people like to complain about. :)

P.S. No stapler is needed.

Archived