flight from FLL

marty's mom

For the 9:55 flight you need to be at the airport by 8:15 or so (earlier is better) which means off the ship, with bags, and clear of customs/immigration before 8:00 - no way would I count on making that one. :eek:

Do yourself a favor, book the later flight, sleep in, enjoy one last breakfast in the MDR, and then wander off the ship after 9:00. ;) I'd rent a car, stash the bags in the trunk, and head for the beach or the boardwalk in Hollywood -- some sun, some fun, a good lunch, a few drinks, a little people watching and then back to FLL for your flight home. :D

Good luck! :)

I have a 10:15 am scheduled and not worried about it. Most folks report being in the airport between 7 and 7:30 am if they do the self disembark option. (if they were on the Oasis or Allure)

If I remember correctly, our Allure cruise arrived at the port very early, something like 5am. Our Navigator cruise arrived at Port Everglades about 7am. That's a big difference. OP is on Indy, and it would be important to know when she arrives. If it's 7am, the timing could be too close for comfort.

I'm not sure about "nothing in FLL" ... we did an airboat in the everglades one day. We took the water taxie one day, we strolled Las Olas Blvd one day. We spent a WONDERFUL day on the beach another day. I'd take the later flight and enjoy your time in FLL

I'm not sure about "nothing in FLL" ... we did an airboat in the everglades one day. We took the water taxie one day, we strolled Las Olas Blvd one day. We spent a WONDERFUL day on the beach another day. I'd take the later flight and enjoy your time in FLL

FLL refers to the airport - the poster you responded to was mentioning that the airport is boring so they should look into other activities to pass time aside from hanging out at the airport. They were not saying there is nothing to do in Ft. Lauderdale itself.

Hanging around for a 6:30 flight, then enduring the flight itself, sounds awful.

Can you stay over one night, then take the 9:55 flight the day after disembarkation? That way you get to leave the ship at your leisure, have a relaxing day, yet still get the early flight.

2 choices with southwest non stop

9:55am or 6:30pm

we'll be on the Indy in January.

There's 3 of us and I know it can be done early but that might be too early.

thoughts?

Southwest "stops" really aren't that bad. Even the plane changes aren't that bad. Since we fly from the West Coast, we always have one or both.

If you can find something around 11AM-12PM with stops, I would take that.

Otherwise, I would probably spend another night and leave first thing the next morning. :)

• 2 weeks later...
For the 9:55 flight you need to be at the airport by 8:15 or so (earlier is better)

While being at the airport by 8:15 is certainly advisable, one is generally not REQUIRED to check in until an hour or 45 minutes before flight time, which in this case would be 8:40-8:55, not 8:15.

Archived