*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

Places to eat. There are a ton of tourist restaurants. When you check in, spend a moment with the clerks and ask them for their favorite spots that are not tourist oriented. Over the years we have found amazing shrimp po-boys, truly super gumbo, great oysters, etc...all at different local places.

For those unfamiliar with Galveston beaches....the water "looks" brown because of a muddy bottom but it is clear and clean. The muddy bottom is a result of silt that flows from the Mississippi River (to the East of Texas).

The is a rumble that they are scrapping the Consierge Lounge on Liberty after her dry dock? Anyone know?

True, the CL is being turned into a Library/Card room. The Game and Card rooms up in the Viking Crown will become the Suite Lounge. No CL anymore.

True, the CL is being turned into a Library/Card room. The Game and Card rooms up in the Viking Crown will become the Suite Lounge. No CL anymore.

Will D+ be welcome in the Suite Lounge?:eek: we are booked 1 week in April & 2 weeks in June, I certainly hope they have a plan for their repeat customers.

Bill,

Edited by CCBR
need to add a word.

Will D+ be welcome in the Suite Lounge?:eek: we are booked 1 week in April & 2 weeks in June, I certainly hope they have a plan for their repeat customers.

Bill,

If it's like Oasis class, the SL will be for Suite Guests (GS and better) and Pinnacle Club members. D+ will have the Diamond Lounge.

• 2 months later...
Waking this thread back up... Been sleepin' a while! LOL.... Anyone there have any info on the new Terminal? How's it going?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks Lynn, I've missed it. The new terminal is a mystery because we have avoided it at all costs. Hope for the best. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth....

Heard from someone debarking Liberty today that they had spoken to someone at the port concerning the completion of the terminal.... They said the "new date" is April, but that they wouldn't count on that.

For what it's worth....

Heard from someone debarking Liberty today that they had spoken to someone at the port concerning the completion of the terminal.... They said the "new date" is April, but that they wouldn't count on that.

Thanks for the update! :)

Edited by Ladysilver

5f6bb1c7ab5f7270aa2052f867afae83.jpg

Lookie what I saw today! Posted on Port of Galveston's page.... Caption says Cruise Terminal #2 is almost complete!! No date given tho.... Finally! We can "see" the progress!

Edited by SRV FAN

Lookie what I saw today! Posted on Port of Galveston's page.... Caption says Cruise Terminal #2 is almost complete!! No date given tho.... Finally! We can "see" the progress!

Looking good, haven't been there since Dec '14 but will be back for Dickens and a cruise on Liberty in December:D:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...