*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

Anyone have a link to some possible local news coverage?

Here is a link to the Galveston.com cruise cams. You can see Liberty and the Disney ship docked. Don't see anything special for her arrival...no Texas Flag or Longhorns like past ships re-positioning to Galveston.

http://www.galveston.com/emeraldvideocam/

Here is a link to the Galveston.com cruise cams. You can see Liberty and the Disney ship docked. Don't see anything special for her arrival...no Texas Flag or Longhorns like past ships re-positioning to Galveston.

http://www.galveston.com/emeraldvideocam/

Thank you. Quite familiar with the web cams. Just wish they would install one closer to the Royal ships. My eyes burn when I look at the Carnival or Disney ships too long. LoL

We arrived on Liberty this morning !

There was no Port outer celebration.

Ship turned in turning basin with no tugs and was backed into dock with ease!

We had casual breakfast , returned to room, took photos of construction, and observed other necessary activities of unloading of passenger bags Etc. , and loading of supplies. Disembarkation Began with Medical related passengers and then Self disembarkation began following by numbered staging and release. We did not self!

We were number 13 and are D+. Arrived at dining room C&A staging and our # was called and walked off ship , picked up our bags, and we're through immigration and on curb in 5 to 10 minutes. No lines . RCCL seemed to have better procedures for staging and release! Remember we are D+.

If RCCL dumped passengers on immigration it would be a repeat of the past.

Disembarkation has same overall procedures at this time .

Embarkation passengers were arriving and entering building as before in same entrance ,, and tent was being used to stage them inside there rather in front of terminal , and before ship to be cleared and opened up for next cruise.

Construction is proceeding.,

I will post some photos of construction site later in day.

On deck 10 concierge lounge ONLY has continental breakfast and with NO evening activity! On deck 14 D+ and Pinacle were in Viking area, and an ONLY Suite guests lounge in old card area port side.

D lounge was on deck 5!

Edited by ssb

I'm sailing on Liberty today. Not quite as many D and above but still a lot. D and D+ will have cocktail hour in the Catacombs. Pinnacles can use CL.

Oh good news! And yes I said Viking not Catacombs !

Edited by ssb

If GalvestonCruiser is lurking....does Liberty actually come in on Friday? If so, when, I hope not at 0dark30! I understand they are having a water boat welcome to Texas for her and I don't want to miss it on the web cam!

14 hours after docking and 5 laundry loads later:D

She docked at 6:30 with no fan fare. Woke up very early to watch her sail by some of the rigs then into the channel. As we were crossing Bolivar Flats, ferry had to wait for us. The turning basin was a snap for her - turned on a dime!

Disembarkation was an absolute breeze - hope I don't jinx it:rolleyes:

Had cappuccino in CL then on to windjammer for breakfast, back to cabin until 9 then to 5th floor MDR. Just sat down as #15 called (SSB had 15 also, just doesn't remember:p), off ship, luggage right where it should be, on curb in 10 minutes:) Took longer to wait for neighbor to pick us up.

Overall the sailing was excellent. However, there were some issues with staff. They just don't seem to care - not all, but our cabin steward and wait staff were awful. Service is really hit or miss in the D and D+ lounges. Wait staff disappear for 30+ minutes and actually had one turn down an order for drinks as we were leaving for MDR. Cappuccino machine in CL had issues every day.

Will post a review on CC this weekend. Staff on Liberty need to step up or there will be many dissatisfied cruisers

14 hours after docking and 5 laundry loads later:D

She docked at 6:30 with no fan fare. Woke up very early to watch her sail by some of the rigs then into the channel. As we were crossing Bolivar Flats, ferry had to wait for us. The turning basin was a snap for her - turned on a dime!

Disembarkation was an absolute breeze - hope I don't jinx it:rolleyes:

Had cappuccino in CL then on to windjammer for breakfast, back to cabin until 9 then to 5th floor MDR. Just sat down as #15 called (SSB had 15 also, just doesn't remember:p), off ship, luggage right where it should be, on curb in 10 minutes:) Took longer to wait for neighbor to pick us up.

Overall the sailing was excellent. However, there were some issues with staff. They just don't seem to care - not all, but our cabin steward and wait staff were awful. Service is really hit or miss in the D and D+ lounges. Wait staff disappear for 30+ minutes and actually had one turn down an order for drinks as we were leaving for MDR. Cappuccino machine in CL had issues every day.

Will post a review on CC this weekend. Staff on Liberty need to step up or there will be many dissatisfied cruisers

Agree about disembarkation. It was unbelievably smooth. We did have a different experience with cabin steward and wait staff. Actually even our head waiter was the first we have ever tipped extra. All were great. If you are sailing soon ask for Shareef (head waiter) and Mary Ann (waiter) in MTD. Not impressed with either concierge. I would love to see Ricardo and Nadya on the Liberty.

We have not liked a Pub singer on the Navigator since it came to Galveston but did really enjoy Samuel May on the Liberty. I would love to see him stay. I know I am in the minority but Derek Lewis is not my cup of tea.

There were also other crew members who really impressed us but there was just not the overall Navigator Texas Friendly atmosphere from the top and I agree that needs to change.

BTW I just used that Cappuccino machine once but I am glad to hear it wasn't just me!

We will be back in March so I am hoping the good things haven't changed and the not so good things have.

April 24th, our 20th annie cruise:D

Becci, looks like we will just miss you, we will be on from 4/3 - 4/24. Happy Anniversary!!

Sailing on the Liberty in 2 weeks (11/29 - 12/20). We will do our best to Texanize the ship. I recall when the Navigator arrived, we weren't impressed with her crew or staff. In the last few months, seemed like the Navigator had finally gotten everything right, sounds like we all have our work cut out training this new staff...LOL.

Carla

Edited by golfpccc

Becci, looks like we will just miss you, we will be on from 4/3 - 4/24. Happy Anniversary!!

Sailing on the Liberty in 2 weeks (11/29 - 12/20). We will do our best to Texanize the ship. I recall when the Navigator arrived, we weren't impressed with her crew or staff. In the last few months, seemed like the Navigator had finally gotten everything right, sounds like we all have our work cut out training this new staff...LOL.

Carla

Sailing on March 6th, shortly after drydock, and during Spring Break week, so if there's going to be a problem with staff, it may be that week. But we'll keep our cool and try be civil about any booboos.

Pat

Actually Karen, we'll expect you to have them whipped into shape by the end or your February cruise :))

Edited by vistapat

Now that we have a bigger ship in town, I know this probably has been discussed but where will the Liberty dock compared with where the Navigator was docked? We are so excited and still have 6 months to wait until we cruise again. Thanks for any help on this question.

SA Traveler: Glad to hear about the pub singer! I haven't enjoyed any of those on Navigator the whole time she has been in Galveston. PS, Hi Carla.

Unfortunately he will be leaving. They are sending him to Denmark! Really - a country singer from North Carolina in Denmark. A whole bunch of people like Derek Lewis and are anxiously awaiting his return. Like I said I am not a fan but even for me he is certainly a big improvement over the ones who have been there the last two years. I am sure the Pub won't be empty!

Now that we have a bigger ship in town, I know this probably has been discussed but where will the Liberty dock compared with where the Navigator was docked? We are so excited and still have 6 months to wait until we cruise again. Thanks for any help on this question.

Liberty docks at the same pier as Navigator. This is the pier that RCCL negotiated improvements with the Port of Galveston are taking place.

We were on Liberty's first sailing out of Galveston. No fanfare departing the port, but we did have 2 Coast Guard gunships (manned) cruising up & down. Only faintly special thing was in MDR on final night with waiters parading with US & Texas flags singing "Eyes of Texas & America the Beautiful"

We were on Liberty's first sailing out of Galveston. No fanfare departing the port, but we did have 2 Coast Guard gunships (manned) cruising up & down. Only faintly special thing was in MDR on final night with waiters parading with US & Texas flags singing "Eyes of Texas & America the Beautiful"

Glad to hear the Texas flag (I assume the giant one in the MDR) has now made it from Mariner to Navigator to Liberty!