Was he a film star or just tall?

Johnno3c

Recently cruised on IOS October 20th and have only just found time to put this post on.

Calling all fellow passengers who did the same cruise, I have a question for you. The really tall guy on our cruise was he famous or not. I didn't get chance to ask myself, he appeared to be very well known to the wait staff and other assistants on the ship.

It is only out of curiosity that I am asking, his face did look familiar but just can't put my finger on it.

Any replies are greatly appreciated.

Hope you all enjoyed the cruise too despite the rolling of the ship and other health issues.:)

very funny mn_isla_girl

While working in a store I saw a man I "knew", I just couldn't remember his name, so I couldn't go say hi. I saw him about 3 times, wracking my brain, his face was so familiar. Later on everyone was buzzing about Stephen King being in the store! I'm so glad I didn't go up to him with the "I know I know you, but just can't remember your name!!!":)

very funny mn_isla_girl

While working in a store I saw a man I "knew", I just couldn't remember his name, so I couldn't go say hi. I saw him about 3 times, wracking my brain, his face was so familiar. Later on everyone was buzzing about Stephen King being in the store! I'm so glad I didn't go up to him with the "I know I know you, but just can't remember your name!!!":)

Stephen King lives on the very north end of Casey Key. He was one of the 1st people in the area to get one of those Chevy Volts......I remember seeing a story in the paper about him having that Volt

No idea who your person was...but it is funny when you see actors or famous people sometimes. We have seen them in Las Vegas and Lake Tahoe....and they look very familiar...but you can't quite place why you might know them. :D

The only time I ever bothered one was a very long time ago at Harvey's in Lake Tahoe. "Lost in Space" had just gone off the air, and Jonathan Harris and his lovely wife were sitting nearby.

I was about 12, and OMG! It's Dr. Smith! I did ask him for an autograph. He was very gracious, and went into his "Dr. Smith" persona. It was great!:)

And I probably would NOT have recognized Jeff Kemp on Survivor, because I don't follow sports. "Blair" from Facts of life~~~~maybe.

No idea who your person was...but it is funny when you see actors or famous people sometimes. We have seen them in Las Vegas and Lake Tahoe....and they look very familiar...but you can't quite place why you might know them. :D

I am not a "famous" actor but I have been in over 50 motion pictures and I get that all the time. I am sometimes asked if I work somewhere that they shop at or maybe a friend of a friend. When I tell them I am an actor, they shake their heads and say no .. I still laugh from it.

I am not a "famous" actor but I have been in over 50 motion pictures and I get that all the time. I am sometimes asked if I work somewhere that they shop at or maybe a friend of a friend. When I tell them I am an actor, they shake their heads and say no .. I still laugh from it.

You need to post a pic of yourself so we can see if we think we know you!!

mn_isla_girl..too funny. :D

Laura

That is so cool! :D People look so familiar because you see them on the screen. It is an odd disconnect when you see them out doing everyday things. Thanks! :D:)

That is so cool! :D People look so familiar because you see them on the screen. It is an odd disconnect when you see them out doing everyday things. Thanks! :D:)

Well, if you ever see me onboard, please don't be shy. Just come right up and say hello.

elizabeth_taylor_gallery_40.jpg

Is this the guy?

lurch3.jpg

Was a Halloween cruise and maybe just a few spirits (liquid and otherwise) around?

My best celebrity encounter happened just this past summer. I work at a realty at a beach town and a guy came in to ask for a key to his mom's place. I kept thinking "He looks so familiar". When he spoke, I thought "Wow! He sounds just like Miles from Murphy Brown" After he left, I turned to my boss and asked her if she thought he sounded like Miles. She said "That's it! I was wondering who I thought he looked like." We looked up his name on IMDB and sure enough it was him! When he came back I played the typical geek and asked. He was so gracious and actually was flattered that we recognized him (my boss and I were HUGE Murphy Brown fans!). He shook my hand and asked me to call him by his first name (awesome! - ok geekness showing again ;) ) Very nice guy, though and looks the same!

Here is one .. you might want to google my name it's Harry Stergo

StergoHarry2.jpg

I looked you up on IMDB and there is an entry for your name for a movie in 2006.

According to the entry you played Craig's Dad. Forgot the name of the movie that quick.

There is no information about you; no biography and only the one screen credit.

I looked you up on IMDB and there is an entry for your name for a movie in 2006.

According to the entry you played Craig's Dad. Forgot the name of the movie that quick.

There is no information about you; no biography and only the one screen credit.

I'm a Supporting Artist.... done lots of bits and pieces.... you won't find me credited.... the more I'm not recognised the better as that's the nature of the work... to blend in.... maybe he's in the same area of the industry.

Archived