Recommendations for hotel in Barcelona

Tudorcruisers

I went to the Hotels pre and post cruise section but couldn't find how to post and last one was 2010!! so am posting here.

Staying in Barcelona for one evening and just looking for your recommendations. Thanks.

We recently stayed at the Barcelona Hotel Universal http://www.hotelbarcelonauniversal.com/default-en.html and found it to be very nice. Not very far from the cruise port and just a few streets off the main tourist shopping area las ramblas.

I went to the Hotels pre and post cruise section but couldn't find how to post and last one was 2010!! so am posting here.

Staying in Barcelona for one evening and just looking for your recommendations. Thanks.

NH centro, previously named Duc de la Victoria:

Nice rooms

Excellent breakfast

Rambla 200 metres but still quiet at night

Place de la Catalunya 300 metres

Metro 300 metres...

Stayed there several times during city trips, i was never sisappointed!

Have a look at my list of hotels

Barcelona Hotel List

It is an alphabetical list of hotels

Click on the hotel name to go to the hotel's website

The list shows

- star rating

- price level compared to average for that star rating (€ = very cheap to €€€€€ = very expensive)

- locality/where it is near

- Smoking information (as at August 2012) - subject to change - please check with hotel

...... 100% NS = Hotel 100% Non Smoking

...... Sm rooms = Smoking rooms available

...... blank = No information- hotels that have rooms for 3+ people and details of those rooms

- comments from people who have stayed at the hotels

Smoking information (as at August 2012) - subject to change - please check with hotel

100% NS = Hotel 100% Non Smoking

Sm rooms = Smoking rooms available

blank = No information

We stayed pre-cruise at the Hotel Jazz off Placa Catalunya. Short walk from the Aerobus that dropped us on the other side of the Placa. Nice clean modern hotel with a roof top pool. Close to Las Ramblas and the metro. Close to great restaurants. Inexpensive.

We stayed post cruise at the Hotel Colon. We had a balcony room overlooking the cathedral. Older European hotel. Quirky bathroom. Expensive - 200 Euros a night. Lots of restaurants in the area.

Both were great in their own right but if you are looking for more bang for your buck - I'd book the Hotel Jazz.

We enjoyed the Renaissance on Pau Claris...newly refurbed and good central location.

We're booked to stay there in June prior to a cruise. We chose it for the location and also because we were able to use Marriott points. So glad to read that you liked it.

We have stayed in Hotel Jazz, hotel 1898(beautiful) and Royal Ramblas all good hotels no problems with any of these. I preferred Hotels on The Ramblas may be crowded but central to everything. Have a good holiday.

We stayed 2 nights pre-cruise at Hotel Barcelona Universal last year. Very reasonable rates which included breakfast. Lovely, modern hotel a few blocks from Las Ramblas, near metro, and a short taxi ride to the cruise terminal. Would stay there again without hesitation.

http://www.royalramblashotel.com/

We stayed here 3 nt pre-cruise. Very nice and super convenient location :p

+1 on Royal Ramblas.

Perfect location at the top of Las Ramblas, minutes from Placa Catalunya where you catch the HoHo buses. On the most active and touristy (in a good way) street in Barcelona. A few minutes by cab from the port. The Boqueria Market is just down the street.

The rooms were very good by European standards. The staff was extremely helpful with information, tour bus tickets and restaurant suggestions.

We felt we had really been in Barcelona by spending some time there.

Apologies if this has been on before - looking for a recommendation for a hotel in Barcelona.

Can you give us some more information about what you are looking for?

For example, how many of you are there? 2? 3? What's your budget? Are you planning on touring Barcelona? Do you want something lively? Hip? Sedate? Modern? charming? Near airport? Near port? Do you belong to any frequent stayer programs?

We have been there. Number of times. The holes on Ramblas tend to be smaller and you are in he middle of te danger area for pickpockets etc. Avoid Raval area. We stayed there for a weekend and had issues with the locals trying to remove phones and it is close to red light area.

The other side of placa de catalunya from Ramblas is nicer, quieter and has many good places to eat. Avenida Palace s good but ther are a good number around there that are also good.

We stayed pre-cruise at the Hotel Jazz off Placa Catalunya. Short walk from the Aerobus that dropped us on the other side of the Placa. Nice clean modern hotel with a roof top pool. Close to Las Ramblas and the metro. Close to great restaurants. Inexpensive.

We stayed post cruise at the Hotel Colon. We had a balcony room overlooking the cathedral. Older European hotel. Quirky bathroom. Expensive - 200 Euros a night. Lots of restaurants in the area.

Both were great in their own right but if you are looking for more bang for your buck - I'd book the Hotel Jazz.

Another vote for the Hotel Jazz. Great staff, very friendly. We were able to checkin to our room at like 9 or 10am, well before the 3pm checkin time. Several others appeared to have the same luck. The rooftop terrace/pool was a nice touch though we didn't get to use the pool since it was chilly out the end of October. We walked with our luggage to the Aerobus down at Placa de Catalunya without any issue.

The price is also great on this hotel. I would suggest getting a room as high up as possible though, as there's an underground metro nearby and I would presume (though dont know for sure) that the lower floors can probably hear/feel something. I was on 5 and could barely tell if I didn't already know it was there I probably wouldn't have noticed.

Look at Casa Camper. We loved it, it wasn't the cheapest but reasonable (and the 24 hour free light food and drinks offsets some cost.) Just a few blocks from Las Ramblas but far enough away to be quiet. Quirky design (each room gets a 'living suite' with a hammock, TV and Sofa across the hall from it. And top notch service!

When we booked it was the #1 on trip advisor.

Modern, near everything but away from the madness.

Archived