upgrade to AQUA CLASS

jackdec

Can anyone tell me if its possible to upgrade to Aqua class from a balcony room on the Eclispe. would it be worth it , and do Celebrity do any special deals for upgrades. if so how do we go about an upgrade.

Jackdec. [Fat but sliming Irishman] :confused: :p

We have done both Aqu and Balcony

I like just the balcony room and MDR , wife loves Blu

On our upcoming TA. There is only a $250 between a 2c and A1, so we taking the A1

Wife is very happy

U can always upgrade even after your finial payment date, keep check celebrity website for pricing

We had booked a Veranda and received an option to upgrade at no cost to AQ.

There were pros and cons to this. We did accept the upgrade but we missed the opportunity to socialize with tablemates in the main dining room. In Blu, people tend to keep to themselves as most tables in Blu are for 2. However, there are other perks that should be considered such as amenities in the room and the Persian Garden.

If you have to pay to upgrade, then you have to do the math and see what the real difference in cost.

I once upgraded to an AQ from an inside for $100pp so sometimes there are great deals. A good way to do it is to be agressive and proactive. If I'm interested in an upgrades I'll call a couple of times per week and you can do that right up until the cruise.

There were pros and cons to this. We did accept the upgrade but we missed the opportunity to socialize with tablemates in the main dining room. In Blu, people tend to keep to themselves as most tables in Blu are for 2. However, there are other perks that should be considered such as amenities in the room and the Persian Garden.

If you have to pay to upgrade, then you have to do the math and see what the real difference in cost.

Thanks . We like to mix with people and you have just made our mind up for us. Would feel abit strange siting by ourselves on a cruise eating. But my wife says I sometimes talk to much and that annoys her.

Must be the wine before the meal ?

Jackdec [fat but sliming Irishman]

I once upgraded to an AQ from an inside for $100pp so sometimes there are great deals. A good way to do it is to be agressive and proactive. If I'm interested in an upgrades I'll call a couple of times per week and you can do that right up until the cruise.

Hi Don. You must have some Irish in you. That is a great tip. I will call them direct to find out what they can offer me.

Jackdec [fat but sliming Irishman]

AQ upgrade for no cost or reasonable price is a good deal if AQ cabin is in a decent location. We really like BLU on Silho and the other AQ perks..

In AQ you can eat when you like and get a table for two-- everyone is usually friendly so socializing is possible--yet not with same tablemates each day which can be good or bad!

We have done both Aqu and Balcony

I like just the balcony room and MDR , wife loves Blu

On our upcoming TA. There is only a $250 between a 2c and A1, so we taking the A1

Wife is very happy

U can always upgrade even after your finial payment date, keep check celebrity website for pricing

What is the difference in 2c and A1

If the price is right Blu is worth the extra. The tables for two are close enough to have pleasant conversation IF you get the sense your neigbours are interested in conversing (we are always respectful in that regard). We have had wonderful chats with many of our fellow Blu diners and we like the fact its someone different beside us every night. IF you come across a great connection with someone - you can plan to have dinner together on another evening as its easy for them to push the two tops together plus there are a number of 4 tops. Much better than getting stuck at a table in the MDR with folks you have absolutely nothing in common with or worse "just distasteful".

We also appreciate the other extra's that come along with the room and I like the option of the Persian Garden although I only use it once or twice on a cruise...the hot rock loungers are great!

What is the difference in 2c and A1

2c is on deck 6 , just your basic room, no bottle water or tea ( we will be get a beverage package so no big deal) no canopies , I usually get the sushi everyday instead, soft robs in Aqu , they do not fit around my tummy :D,

Blu service is very good

The tables are close you u can talk with the people next to with no problems, you probably can even share a table if you ask

We did meet people this way

Many Aqua people seem to prefer the A2 rooms--as they tend not to be under the pool

+1

We had a similar deal to another poster...we booked an A1 which was much less expensive than an A2...and every morning at 7:30AM we heard them sliding deck chairs above us. We will be booking A2's from now on on solstice ships. Not sure yet about the M-class...we're in A2 on the Millenium next month and I tried to get us under a relatively quiet corner of the buffet area instead of under the pool deck. We'll see how that goes....

We upgraded from C2 to A2 mostly because our C2 cabin was near the front of the ship and the A2 cabin was on the hump and after reading all about the larger balconies on here I thought it was worth it. Also at 1st I thought the Blu menu on the X website was complete, I did not really want to eat from that small selection each day, but again I read on here that the menu on X is only a portion of what is available in Blu, so since everyone raves about it I thought that along with the balcony it was worth the extra 200 total for a 7 day cruise. Shower heads and steam baths really don't interest me so that played no part in my decision.

Hi Don!

happy New Year to you and Jeanne - any cruises booked for 2013?

I would love to upgrade to the new AQ suites on Our Reflection cruise but the listed price is still too rich for my blood. Can I call about an upgrade and try to get a lower price even if I booked through a TA or do they have to plead my case?

+1

We had a similar deal to another poster...we booked an A1 which was much less expensive than an A2...and every morning at 7:30AM we heard them sliding deck chairs above us. We will be booking A2's from now on on solstice ships. Not sure yet about the M-class...we're in A2 on the Millenium next month and I tried to get us under a relatively quiet corner of the buffet area instead of under the pool deck. We'll see how that goes....

I wish I could sleep in until 6 am :D

Hi Don!

I would love to upgrade to the new AQ suites on Our Reflection cruise but the listed price is still too rich for my blood. Can I call about an upgrade and try to get a lower price even if I booked through a TA or do they have to plead my case?

Happy New Year to you and Scott.

I would guess that you would have to go through your TA. I did that and they called them while I waited. I do that on each cruise, I start with an inside because we are happy with that and work my way up if I can.

We are doing an NCL cruise in April, working on something with Celebrity but not sure. Heading to our Time Share in Florida in Jan for three weeks. We have been spending 8 or so weeks there every year.

Hi Don!

Hi Sandi:).....I think when you book with a TA they are the ones

who have to go to bat for you.

And Happy New Year to you, Scott, Don and Jeannie:D

Hi Don!

I plan on calling a week or so out from our cruise and asking for a deal then again a week out then again at check in, all they can say is no right ?

You can alway check Celebrity website to see if the price has drop or if there is a special on, but I think once finial payment is in you can only up grade

On our last trip in Nov there was a happy hour special out , $100 less then what I paid, I phoned and ask if I could get in Obc , they said it was for new bookings only

You can alway check Celebrity website to see if the price has drop or if the is a special on, but I think once finial payment is in you can only up grade

Once final payment is made, you can (usually) change to any cabin that increases the fare by at least $1 per person. You could actually move from an A1 to an A2 if the A2 were $1 more (and while that seems silly, consider that most of the A2's on the solstice class ships are not under the pool deck so many are quieter than the A1's).

True but on the cruise we book A1 is $999 and A2 is $2100 , 2c is $749, which would book :p

We also on the sunny side for the TA

We spend a week in Nicaragua at a resort about 10 years ago

Lot has prob not changed a lot in Nica in those 10 yrs,lol But it is the safest place in Central America! Lot of Canucks (I'm Cdn) here!! Nica has a lot to offer and at great prices---they just do not promote themselves that well! Which is fine for me--prices stay low!!

Archived