How many open NextCruise certificates do you have?

Daghis

How many open NextCruise certificates do you have?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. How many open NextCruise certificates do you have?

• None, and I'm not planning to get any
    • None, but I'm planning to get one or more soon
    • 1 is good enough for me
    • 2 sounds like a good number
    • 3 or more

I don't know why, but I feel more comfortable having a couple NextCruise certificates available for me in case the urge to book a cruise should come upon me.

For my cruise in July last year, I used my last one, and I forgot to get any extra. Fortunately, I sailed again in October, so I picked up two new ones to keep on hand. I keep them close by, just in case. :)

Normally, I'd think that having one would be sufficient, but last year, I ended up having multiple cruises booked at the same time, so now I like to have two.

How do others view their NextCruise booking stash?

I ended up having multiple cruises booked at the same time, so now I like to have two.

How do others view their NextCruise booking stash?

I've never felt the need to be on two different cruise ships at the exact same time. A bit curious as to the benefits of being on 2 ships at the same time. Do you get double points? Do they let you book multiple shows at the same time? Do you have to book more than one wine package, or do they let you use it on either ship?

Any drawbacks? Do the effects of quantum teleportation cause any discomfort? Do the time-space anomalies interfere with electronic devices?

I've never felt the need to be on two different cruise ships at the exact same time. A bit curious as to the benefits of being on 2 ships at the same time. Do you get double points? Do they let you book multiple shows at the same time? Do you have to book more than one wine package, or do they let you use it on either ship?

Any drawbacks? Do the effects of quantum teleportation cause any discomfort? Do the time-space anomalies interfere with electronic devices?

Heh heh... :D

I didn't say that I was sailing on them at the same time, just that they were both listed at a particular time among "My Cruises" at Royal Caribbean's web site.

Actually, I did have one case where I did have two cruises booked for the same week while I was decided whether to go on Norwegian Spirit or Freedom of the Seas. That overlap didn't last very long. :)

I voted none. We book balconies or above and own stock so stop buying them years ago when things were no longer combinable.

I don't understand this.

NextCruise OBC is combinable with balcony discounts (assuming you're Platinum or higher) or savings certificates. It's one of the few RCI benefits that is, to some degree, still combinable.

I don't understand this.

NextCruise OBC is combinable with balcony discounts (assuming you're Platinum or higher) or savings certificates. It's one of the few RCI benefits that is, to some degree, still combinable.

But it's not combinable with the shareholder benefit, which limits its value to shareholders.

I voted none. We book balconies or above and own stock so stop buying them years ago when things were no longer combinable.

I don't understand this.

I agree, it doesn't make sense. It's better to use the NC than the shareholder benefit if one is booking balconies.

I've only been keeping 1 at a time, but I did book my last cruise without one so I probably should have another in stockpile.

I currently have one unused, and may just pick up another when I cruise in May. I would LOVE to have several cruises in the works at a given time, but I think it will be quite a few years before I see more than two cruises in one year :mad:

But it's not combinable with the shareholder benefit, which limits its value to shareholders.

shareholders credit is only good if you book a cabin class lower than a balcony on RCL cruises, which we never do. so we use NC certificates and keep 4 to 6 on hand....

shareholders credit is only good if you book a cabin class lower than a balcony on RCL cruises, which we never do. so we use NC certificates and keep 4 to 6 on hand....

When booking on board, you receive an OBC no matter what cabin category you book, so you still can not apply your OBC from Shareholder benefits.

You can use it if you book a non-balcony cabin from home during a non-sales event, without using a NC.

When booking on board, you receive an OBC no matter what cabin category you book, so you still can not apply your OBC from Shareholder benefits.

You can use it if you book a non-balcony cabin from home during a non-sales event, without using a NC.

i did not state this correctly----what i meant, if you book a cruise and do not use any OBC and your cabin choice is lower than a balcony, than and only than can you use shareholders credit. I Think:confused:

the reason i say "i think" is because we always book a suite and can never use our shareholders....

i did not state this correctly----what i meant, if you book a cruise and do not use any OBC and your cabin choice is lower than a balcony, than and only than can you use shareholders credit. I Think:confused:

the reason i say "i think" is because we always book a suite and can never use our shareholders....

If you book a non-balcony cabin, you can apply for OBC from Shareholder Benefits if it is higher than the OBC from booking on board. And sometimes, depending on length of cruise, it is.:)

Archived