All Things Adventure of the Seas

4 minutes ago, North of 60 said:

I guess I will have to figure something else out then.

I wanted to get my wife flowers for our anniversary.

Any ideas how I can do this, and get them delivered to the stateroom on or before the day?

You can still get flowers delivered to the stateroom, however I don't know if they can be delivered on other than day 1. I'd check out Royal's website and see if you can specify a delivery date.

10 hours ago, floridajan said:

We are booked on Adventure OTS on Nov 18th for a 6 night cruise.  How many formal nights are there?  We have only ever sailed on 7 night cruises so wasn't sure if there were still 2.  Thanks! 

Janella

Two. Usually on day 2 and 5. 

On 6/3/2018 at 11:30 AM, love_on_the_liberty said:

Has anyone on a recent sailing seen drink cards for sail? I know it’s pretty random when they appear, we are leaving June 22nd and have our fingers crossed for drink cards!

Just off AOS last week and didn't see any drink cards offered

7 minutes ago, North of 60 said:

What are "drink cards"? Haven't seen these, or heard of them before.

Royal sometimes sells alcoholic drink punch cards, 10 drinks for varying prices, figure around $70-$80.  Usually seen in the second half of the cruise.  Can be shared.

Thanks for quick reply.

Never seen these - and I am not an RCL newbie!

But then, we tend not to over indulge on liquor anyway.

We used to get wine packages when they were available. Now that we are D+, we find we don't really need those either.

Cheers

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, toras said:

Booked on a late September crusie on AD - will the waterslides be open - they look like indoor slides? 

I am sure they will be open. They don't shut down the flow rider. The slides are outside. Honestly, they look pretty lame. In the clear sections I have seen kids pushing themselves along with their hands or they get stuck. I have not been even tempted to try them this week.

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am sure they will be open. They don't shut down the flow rider. The slides are outside. Honestly, they look pretty lame. In the clear sections I have seen kids pushing themselves along with their hands or they get stuck. I have not been even tempted to try them this week.

I was on Adventure this past July with one of our CC members, and he flew by the clear section.  Maybe it's a weight thing.

1 minute ago, toras said:

By indoor I mean the part where you go up and wait for the slide is enclosed, not open to the elements. Thanks for the replies.

Yes, the stairs and platform are in an enclosed area. The landing is open to the sports deck and weather.

Hi everyone, my wife and I booked Adventure of the Seas for an eleven night fall sailing from 16th September Quebec City to New Jersey. I wish to know from those of you who have done this cruise before what one thing should we not miss out on seeing? Thanking you in advance for your responses.

9 minutes ago, LTLBrissie said:

Hi everyone, my wife and I booked Adventure of the Seas for an eleven night fall sailing from 16th September Quebec City to New Jersey. I wish to know from those of you who have done this cruise before what one thing should we not miss out on seeing? Thanking you in advance for your responses.

Ice skating show.

46 minutes ago, LTLBrissie said:

Yes, we are hoping to see the Ice Skating Show. What about a shore excursion? 

• Definitely Acadia National Park in Bar Harbor
  • The Sea Caves in St. Martins (from Saint John)
  • Peggy’s Cove from Halifax
  • Island drive and Anne of Green Gables in PEI
  • We mostly did Quebec City on our own, but we did go to Montmorency Falls- I would recommend that
Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:
  • Definitely Acadia National Park in Bar Harbor
  • The Sea Caves in St. Martins (from Saint John)
  • Peggy’s Cove from Halifax
  • Island drive and Anne of Green Gables in PEI
  • We mostly did Quebec City on our own, but we did go to Montmorency Falls- I would recommend that

Thank you, I’ll Definitely consider doing these. Did you book them through the ship or a mixture of both ship and private?

29 minutes ago, LTLBrissie said:

Thank you, I’ll Definitely consider doing these. Did you book them through the ship or a mixture of both ship and private?

We did a mixture.

Acadia was with Oli’s Trolleys and I highly recommend. We did the St. Martin’s Sea Caves with a ship excursion, but I would’ve rather done it on our own to be honest- I just don’t love excursions in large tour buses. In Halifax, we rented a car and went to Peggy’s Cove and I would definitely do that. We actually didn’t do the PEI island drive ourselves- we just walked around the town, but we didn’t find enough to do. We talked to others who got out of town and said it was worth it, so I felt comfortable recommending it. The excursion to the falls in Quebec was an independent operator and we booked our tickets in the tourist info center right across from the iconic Chateau Frontenac.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

4 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

We did a mixture.

Acadia was with Oli’s Trolleys and I highly recommend. We did the St. Martin’s Sea Caves with a ship excursion, but I would’ve rather done it on our own to be honest- I just don’t love excursions in large tour buses. In Halifax, we rented a car and went to Peggy’s Cove and I would definitely do that. We actually didn’t do the PEI island drive ourselves- we just walked around the town, but we didn’t find enough to do. We talked to others who got out of town and said it was worth it, so I felt comfortable recommending it. The excursion to the falls in Quebec was an independent operator and we booked our tickets in the tourist info center right across from the iconic Chateau Frontenac.

Thank you 

• 1 month later...

Can anyone verify the height requirements for the big slides? I called RC and they said 42 inches however I’ve read on some boards it’s 48. Any help would be great, we have an April cruise with a 6 and 8 year old and they have their hopes up since we were told it was 42 inches. If it is in fact 48 inches, it’d be nice to temper expectation prior to the trip. Thanks!

11 minutes ago, claytonfulmer said:

Can anyone verify the height requirements for the big slides? I called RC and they said 42 inches however I’ve read on some boards it’s 48. Any help would be great, we have an April cruise with a 6 and 8 year old and they have their hopes up since we were told it was 42 inches. If it is in fact 48 inches, it’d be nice to temper expectation prior to the trip. Thanks!

I can't remember what the signs said but I do know I saw some pretty small looking kids coming out of the shoot.

• 10 months later...

I just posted the below in a responded to another thread but thought to also put it here as it pertains to Adventure OTS.

I was on Adventure OTS a few weeks ago and had JS 1106. I would beek it again if available every time. It was quiet, very spacious and appeared longer than the JS on Deck 9. It had a spacious walk-in closet and the lot of storage space. The balcony was the best especially compared to the others on deck 9 or 10 since those have a lot of steel. You don't have that problem on Mariner as those balconies are mostly glass. The space behind our balcony closest to the solarium cold only be accessed by crew and therefore Mae our balcony very private. Originally there was one lounger but we requested a second and the room steward brought us one.  See some of the cabin and balcony photos.

One other point I would make is that the bathroom does have a tub/shower combination  but the space in general is a little tight compared to other bathrooms in JS on deck 9. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg