Special Sail Away- 3/14/13-MS Prisendam

aliaschief

She always does three elegant toots - usually at every port:D

Except when we did our sail around the island in the Canaries = then she tooted more - people were cheering on shore everywhere - what an incredible experience:D

Beautiful sounding, deep horn!

That's it for me... thanks Lou and Dave, Chief for the reminder... sorry we were so rowdy! We'll be there with bells on 17 May!!

I'll be watching for those bells, flags, banners, jackets or anything else you care to wave:p:D

Took a couple snap shots of her as she loaded the Life Boat back on board:)

Prinsendam-boarding-Lifeboat-Number-3-2.jpg.b7518a8a5e8fb5066a8a5968ebee5abb.jpg

And that was strange that not many passengers were out for sail away...

She just glides so smoothly and so quickly as she left us today.

Joanie

Prinsendam-boarding-Lifeboat-Number-3-and-Tug.jpg.3abe4f0b8f0b26a4545ffe21971b2faa.jpg

I'll be watching for those bells, flags, banners, jackets or anything else you care to wave:p:D

I think it may be flags - we haven't finished the sail a way stuff - too busy doing tours:D but if it goes as planned - there will be Canadian, U.S. and Kiwi.

Gotta like it

Thanks chief for starting this fabulous thread.

And thanks Lou and Dave for your wonderful, wonderful webcam.

Really wonderful how you do it.

We'll have to wave to you next time on the Elegant Explorer;)

You bet I'll be here. Unfortunately, this will likely be my last Elegant Explorer sailaway until my own, as I'll be traveling for the next one. Sorry, Kazu, but I hope your departure will be a bit delayed.

Roy

You mean our May 17th departure Roy? I wouldn't bet on it being delayed - we're the only cruise ship scheduled to be in port - should be some nice webcam shots by Lou and Dave:D:D

Nice to see two roll call members signing in already too!

This may be a bit complicated. I know some of you have sailed with Mark Farris. On each Crystal cruise he does a cabaret in the main show lounge and one of the features is a tribute to his dad. Gene Farris was his role model and is lounge pianist at a restaurant in Peoria. He does a duet with mark singing live and his father on video. I'm booked on a cruise on the Grande Caribe (the ship I was on when I visited Inlady1) and it worked for me to go through Peoria on my way. I'm booked on a bus connection that gets into Peoria at 4:35 May 17 (5:35 Eastern time). I will definitely check the webcam when I get to Peoria, but expect it will be too late. I wouldn't miss that evening for the world, not even a sailaway of the Elegant Explorer. I sure hope Lou and Dave put it into their gallery.

By the way, Thanks Lou and Dave for the great views, and thanks Chief for the thread.

Roy

This may be a bit complicated. I know some of you have sailed with Mark Farris. On each Crystal cruise he does a cabaret in the main show lounge and one of the features is a tribute to his dad. Gene Farris was his role model and is lounge pianist at a restaurant in Peoria. He does a duet with mark singing live and his father on video. I'm booked on a cruise on the Grande Caribe (the ship I was on when I visited Inlady1) and it worked for me to go through Peoria on my way. I'm booked on a bus connection that gets into Peoria at 4:35 May 17 (5:35 Eastern time). I will definitely check the webcam when I get to Peoria, but expect it will be too late. I wouldn't miss that evening for the world, not even a sailaway of the Elegant Explorer. I sure hope Lou and Dave put it into their gallery.

By the way, Thanks Lou and Dave for the great views, and thanks Chief for the thread.

Roy

He is fabulous, as I've often said. So many on our recent Ryndam cruise were on the maasam two years ago...when we all hung out at the piano bar each night. Even the same bartender from the Maasdam was on the Ryndam (Nick).

Archived