Will They Catch Their OBC mistake?

Booked an Adventure 7-night cruise onboard and got $100 OBC. Changed it to a 3 night Majesty cruise. Two weeks later it shill shows AD-$100OBC on the booking invoice. Will they catch their mistake or did I get lucky?

Booked an Adventure 7-night cruise onboard and got $100 OBC. Changed it to a 3 night Majesty cruise. Two weeks later it shill shows AD-$100OBC on the booking invoice. Will they catch their mistake or did I get lucky?

There is at least one review process that occurs before the cruise, so don't be surprised when it gets changed to $25.

After two weeks, my guess is they won't catch it. We were booked in a D1 cabin on Marinar 3 or 4 years ago and upgraded to a JS for a higher price about 2 months before sailing. Our invoice never showed the increase in price! What a bargain we got!

Just happened to me. I switched from a 9 night to a 5 night. (the switch was done less than 6 months before sailing) I originally had a Balcony cabin for the 5 night, and when the prices dropped I upgraded to a JS. When I got the new invoice the original $100 OBC that was listed on my invoice for the 5 night balcony was changed to $25 on the new invoice for the JS. When I called I was told the OBC was reduced internally, but I was never notified. If I hadn't called to upgrade to the JS, I wouldn't have know anything until I was on the ship.

Here's what happened with me,

I booked a WOW sale, think it was oct of 2011. I received a

25$ OBC for booking this sale. I had to end up cancelling the booking

but,.... kept watching the site and prices. About a few weeks before

I was originally set to sail the prices dropped. I mean the dropped, like 189pp. Majesty, 3 nighter so I booked at the last minute. I knew this

was a new sailing, new booking and not my 'wow' sale so I didnt expect

what happened.

I was on the internet one night and had a C/A coupon so i went to the desk to apply the credit. I always check regularly on my account when

I cruise. To my surprise I was told I had a 25$ credit on my account.

There is no other way for me to have had that obc except for the wow

sale. I told her about it and she said dont worry about, just enjoy my

cruise/credit. Maybe it was a fluke it transferred but it did happen to me.

Maybe it was the short time between cancelling the wow sale and booking

the new sailing, dont know, but I did enjoy the credit.

Am I the only one who would have called the line to correct the mistake? Had the mistake been i the opposite direction, I am certain all of these posters telling th OP to just ignore it hoping that no one at the line will notice - would be on it to get it corrected right away. Both parties should respect each other enough to deal with mistakes.

Am I the only one who would have called the line to correct the mistake? Had the mistake been i the opposite direction, I am certain all of these posters telling th OP to just ignore it hoping that no one at the line will notice - would be on it to get it corrected right away. Both parties should respect each other enough to deal with mistakes.

No, I would do the same, and have done so before. Only problem is that RCCL didn't ever correct the mistake.

I once bought DH a new DVD player at Circuit City. I got a mid-line player with a mid-line price. The player was loaded into the back of the car with some other purchases that I had made. This loading is done by the store clerks after presenting them with a ticket. When I got home, I realized that the store had given me a high priced DVD player. I immediately took the player back to the store and told them what happened. The store clerk looked at me like I had lost my marbles and said "Dude, you should have kept it!" :rolleyes:

Same thing happened when I took one of my children back into a store to tell the clerk that they had taken a pack of gum without paying for it. The clerk looked at my child and said "That's alright, honey. Would you like to keep it?" REALLY!!!! :eek:

Exactly. Still trying to get my bank to take back the $5 that they credited twice LOL.

When I changed my cruise I told the agent that I should be getting less of an OBC as it was a shorter cruise. Her response was that its a different department. Then she told me not to worry about and that sometimes they change it sometimes the don't.

For pity's sake, people, we are just bumping this thread to the top of the first page by posting (DOI, I just did it). Let it disappear into the "thread swamp" of pages 2 - infinity, and let the OP keep the obc. Drawing attention to it is like yelling at Walmart, "Oh, look, a $100 bill on the floor!!!".

Exactly. Still trying to get my bank to take back the $5 that they credited twice LOL.

After trying a few times and not succeeding...and if you don't want to keep it....give a donation to your favourite charity...it will be money well 'spent' and appreciated!!

:D

If you read my post you will see I did say something when I was told I had the obc, no your NOT the only one. Some of us do try to do the right thing. Sometimes its easier for a company to not do something than go back and fix it. Maybe they are just trying to be nice, maybe its not the end of the world and wont loose sleep over it. Regardless, no, your not the only one.

Archived