Azamara Cabins Thread

uktog

1 hour ago, USC Adventurer said:

I have a question about the electrical outlets in the cabins on the Azamara Pursuit will I be able to use my American plugs in the cabin or do I have to get an adapter for the electrical outlets in the cabin thank you in advance for your advice

There are US outlets. Have you looked at the thread ‘Tips for Azamara Newbies’ and the spreadsheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Deg-GaeZYLml8NN3PVwoh_jUkQ8QmYUe1wxnVAlODE/edit)

That includes information about cabins

• Like 1

Are the stateroom layouts always the same? In May, I was onboard the Onward, where we had a veranda stateroom, with a layout that had the bed near the bathroom and the couch near the balcony. Are all Azamara veranda staterooms like that, or do they alternate the position of the bed and the couch, like Celebrity does - so with the couch near the bathroom and the bed near the balcony?

43 minutes ago, rsverdier said:

Are the stateroom layouts always the same? In May, I was onboard the Onward, where we had a veranda stateroom, with a layout that had the bed near the bathroom and the couch near the balcony. Are all Azamara veranda staterooms like that, or do they alternate the position of the bed and the couch, like Celebrity does - so with the couch near the bathroom and the bed near the balcony?

I am puzzled. Why you would ask this question?

1 hour ago, rsverdier said:

In our experience at least the verandah staterooms all have the same layout. I appreciate that Marinaro confirms that in a reply that he posted as I was typing.

So, unlike on Celebrity, you don’t have to consider that factor when selecting. Certainly we have done so.

The only stateroom issues that are notable are the presence of a bath/shower combo in a Club Continent Suite or the possibility of noise issues.

The former is addressed on the Azamara website, and the latter on the pinned discussion about staterooms near the top of this forum.

Good luck!

Edited by nordski
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, blag said:

It's no show stopper, but I would prefer the bed to be closer to the balcony (and the couch near the bathroom), since in that case you have more room to dress when you get out of the bathroom. On a Celebrity ship, we'd specifically try to book a stateroom with that layout.

Edited by rsverdier
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, blag said:

For example, I prefer the sitting area next to balcony so that I can easily move around the leisure area without having to squeeze past the bed.

As other posts described, bigger ships alternately swap the bed and sitting area, so you can choose your preference if you have one.

1 hour ago, rsverdier said:

It's no show stopper, but I would prefer the bed to be closer to the balcony (and the couch near the bathroom), since in that case you have more room to dress when you get out of the bathroom. On a Celebrity ship, we'd specifically try to book a stateroom with that layout.

Oceanview cabins have bed near window.  The sideways oceanviews on deck 6 have a unique layout.

9 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

Oceanview cabins have bed near window.  The sideways oceanviews on deck 6 have a unique layout.

Hmm, if I have to choose between an ocean view with a preferred layout, or a veranda with a less suitable layout, I think the balcony weighs heavier in that equation 😉 

• Like 1

We are looking at a B2B on Journey next April. Unfortunately we would need to change staterooms between. On the intensive Italy leg there isn’t much left. 8065-69, and 8068-70. On the spreadsheet there seem to be noise issues reported in 8069 both morning and night, so assuming the other two would have the same. A little concerned about movement in the last two (68-70) but it may not be that much difference from the others available? Any thoughts around choices?  
Also. Which cabins have showers vs tubs? I know I read that somewhere a while back,  but I cannot locate it, so in advance I apologize for asking. Thank you

42 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

We are looking at a B2B on Journey next April. Unfortunately we would need to change staterooms between. On the intensive Italy leg there isn’t much left. 8065-69, and 8068-70. On the spreadsheet there seem to be noise issues reported in 8069 both morning and night, so assuming the other two would have the same. A little concerned about movement in the last two (68-70) but it may not be that much difference from the others available? Any thoughts around choices?  
Also. Which cabins have showers vs tubs? I know I read that somewhere a while back,  but I cannot locate it, so in advance I apologize for asking. Thank you

8065 and 8069 both have tub/shower comb..   8068-70 is a large shower   I was in 8065 last fall and did not have a problem. Everyone tolerates noise differently.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 6:20 PM, Vineyard View said:

We're currently on a B2B2B on the Quest.  The last leg didn't have the same cabin available, but I called Azamara and waitlisted it and it cleared a few months later.  

• 1 month later...

Just finished- stayed in 8049. A drawback  to be aware of is that the balcony gets a good drenching at least every couple of days. I think it’s because they wash down the outside of the windows on the pool deck (so it probably happens on port side too) but it may be due to the washing of deck 9 and they just have a run off outlet above 8049. The cause isn’t really relevant. Consequently, our suite balcony would be hosed down later in the morning on those days. 8053 seemed to get the same drenching. It made the balcony fairly unusable until the suite hose down had dried.

We were on Pursuit in 8049 in August (Baltic 12 days), and did not encounter this issue. In fact, we always take a suite in more-or-less the same location, and have not experienced any drenching of the balcony, although it must be said that we don't use the balcony very much.

Every balcony gets a drenching on a port day at least once a cruise, twice on longer trips. You should get a note in your room the night before although last cruise we did not (we did this one). However that would be down to our steward who has since been transferred off the ship. He had significant training needs. 

Unhappily, I cannot access the latest spreadsheet on Journey's cabins - aka staterooms, ; ). 

Does anyone have thoughts on the forward deck 6 cabins, specifically 6020 and forward?  We are concerned about possible noise from Cabaret on deck 5 and are hoping for particulars from those who have sailed in those cabins.  The deck 6 alternatives for that cruise are portside aft and would put us, I believe, above the kitchens. Thank you in advance for any and all input!

43 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

There is some noise in these cabins. We’ve had 6004 which is one of the two large OV cabins. The noise was mainly noticeable during the day when there were rehearsals. At night we didn’t tend to go to bed until after the show had finished, so it didn’t bother us then.

Same for us.  There is also some anchor noise and these cabins in the bow can get very rocky in rough seas.