Carnival has the 'edge' over Celebrity..

Xcitdcruiser

Sorry you guys don't like my opinion but it is just that. I don't feel like my experience last week on the Constellation was better than my recent experiences on Carnival.

Maybe it was a bad day for Celebrity I'm not sure.

Lot's of misinformation on dress codes and so forth flying around on this board though. Constellation was every bit as lax in that area as Carnival.

Sorry you guys don't like my opinion but it is just that. I don't feel like my experience last week on the Constellation was better than my recent experiences on Carnival.

Lot's of misinformation on dress codes and so forth flying around on this board though. Constellation was every bit as lax in that area as Carnival.

I have no problem with your opinion, Celebrity does not appear to be the line for you. I would imagine that any short cruise during spring break season would be a less than enjoyable experience.

I have no problem with it either. All I said there is a cruiseline out

there for all of us. And we all have our own preferences.

Sorry you did not enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for your opinion. And good for you for giving Celebrity a try.

That's why there are so many different cruise lines out there, and isn't it great that you found one (Carnival) thet meets your needs.

Hears hoping for many years of happy cruises to you and yours.

We were on the Connie March 4 sailing and I found it to be close to a Carnival cruise during regular season. I guess it had to do with the spring break. I have never been on a Carnival cruise during spring break but if it slides down the scale like the X cruise did I am still glad that I was on X.

The dress code seemed to be a little lax but not that bad. The dress code didn't bother me as much as all of the DJ's and loud noise that they seemed to think is music. Too bad that they used canned music instead of a live band for the shows. Was told that they opted for that so they could have more DJ'S for the younger crowd.

Thanks for your review and opinion. I don't think anyone ever has a problem with someone's opinion. Not every ship is for everybody and thank goodness, because could you imagine if we all only wanted to cruise on the same ship!!!!!

There are cruise lines for different folks. Sounds to me that the OP started on a negative foot because of the negativity of the boy. Sorry to say, but if one starts with negatives, one tends to look at everything with a negative slant. For me, after taking at least 5 Carnival cruises, it's not a line for me because I just don't see the attention to detail and a refined cruise experience on Carnival-----and that attention to detail includes safe ships and ships whose maintainence is kept up to date. Apparently, Carnival is failing in the latter.

I've got a fairly wide breadth of cruise experience, including Carnival. My observation recently is that Carnival can't keep their ships on the open water! What's the use of comparing a ship that can't go? I'll take the moving one every time!

According to an honest comparison of the two -

And my, I never knew those on X get drunk!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1814635

Piutting aside Carnivals current trarck record for maint. and safety

(To their credit they did say they will be spending 30% more on maint. next year)

Carnival is good if you want a cheap no frills getaway to party

Celebrity is 10 steps ahead in every category

Its like comparing burger king to a steakhouse

A travel agent summed it upp well years ago, "Carnival is great if its a first cruise, but if you try any other cruise line and go back to Carnival, you'll most likely be dissapointed"

Well written and well stated review. The OP should be aware that critic about X and their ships are not very welcome here. It is just nice that there are so many options nowadays so everyone can choose their favorite cruise line! I was a loyal X cruiser until the last two or three cruises. The ships , esp. since the intro of the Solstice Class ships are more and more driffting in the direction of loud, noisy party Boats. Not my idea of cruising so I can move on- no problem there. Next is Cunard! As I know QM 2 and THAT is a absolutly great ship I can´t wait to board her again! But still- I will return to X - on boad the Millenium Class- as long as the stick to them, but for now it is Cunard!

Michael

I can understand the OP's viewpoint. As you can see from my signature I have cruised Celebrity almost exclusively recently. I enjoy Celebrity--but it is not perfect. We sailed with a group of friends last year to celebrate DH's birthday. We had a great time. We really enjoyed many aspects of the cruise. In fact we then cruised with friends on the Constellation and our friends would tell you that they thought the food on our Carnival Legend cruise was superior to the Constellation. I think the Celebrity buffet is better than Carnival--but Carnival had better soups. I disagree with the poster about the attire of the passengers--I've never seen so many wife beaters in my life. We really enjoyed the entertainment on the Legend. They had nightly comedy shows and fun music in various lounges nightly. IMHO all of the Celebrity ships are much more attractive than anything I have seen on Carnival. The Legend was one UGLY ship.

I'm sure that Carnival is a better choice for a family with a 12 yo than Celebrity would be. My kids much preferred their Princess experience to Celebrity.

I'd have to give the edge to Celebrity, but I'd never do a "spring break" cruise on ANY line.

We did a 4 day Carnival out of New Orleans, our waitress was awesome and could have worked a specialty restaurant on X. Food was quite good.

And because of my make the best of things attitude, I found the short cruise WHOOOOO!!! people to be quite entertaining. There was even a slide, but the cozumel port day the pool ended up closed because one of the Carlos and Charlies crowd threw up in it. I did enjoy the 3 cabins of topless bachelorette party gals who left their doors open while getting ready and the guy spanking his passed out girlfriend with her flip flop to wake her up for dinner was as funny as any comedian I've seen on a ship.

I assume this had more to do with it being a short, inexpensive cruise than any fault of the cruiseline itself.

My words flames9 - Oh I just found out that the OP did not even post this here on the X- board! Well there definatly some was up to no good. LOL! Troublemaker! :D

No! I was not trying to cause any trouble!:( I've seen various X cruisers who have posted such comparions (good & bad) on the Celebrity board for those who want to read it.

I certainly found it interesting, but I would still sail Celebrity before Carnival.

Xcidtcruiser- sorry not ment to offend you- did you see my :D! LOL!

navyrotorhead- :D:eek: my experience here ! LOL! What else?

Ah and by the way I NEVER WOULD SAIL CARNIVAL- I do not have the experience to have sailed on Carnival- but constant Partying is just no my kind of shoe! Millenium together with QM 2 are still my favorite ships. I can´t wait for a X ship to make the round trip to Hawai from and to Sand Diego- I did that cruise back in 2009 and loved it. For the time beeing just the Century is doing that itinerary so have wait patiently!

What I find most disturbing about this is that a Carnival cruiser had to change his spring break family cruise last minute do to another Carnival mishap and picked the Constellation as a last minute substitution. He gave a review from that stand point, not here but on the Carnival thread. For whatever reason the OP of this thread had a need to post it here. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but it would never enter my mind to go see what is being posted over on the Carnival forum

Here is a fact, the 2 Cs, Carnival and Celebrity don't attract the same client base, never have and probably never will. The OP of this thread seems to wanted to stir the pot for X cruises to dis Carnival cruisers. Not my cup of tea;):p

Xcidtcruiser- sorry not ment to offend you- did you see my :D! LOL!

navyrotorhead- :D:eek: my experience here ! LOL! What else?

Ah and by the way I NEVER WOULD SAIL CARNIVAL- I do not have the experience to have sailed on Carnival- but constant Partying is just no my kind of shoe! Millenium together with QM 2 are still my favorite ships. I can´t wait for a X ship to make the round trip to Hawai from and to Sand Diego- I did that cruise back in 2009 and loved it. For the time beeing just the Century is doing that itinerary so have wait patiently!

No probs Germancruiser! I'm (fairly) new here & I didn't want to be seen as causing trouble - especially as the X board has been so helpful to me!

I have family in Stuttgart..... I love Stuttgart... just in case you were wondering :D

Archived