Group dining in Aqua

CruiserDoc

We have been in an Aqua Class stateroom on the Infinity, so dined in Blu. On the Infinity we had dinner with two other couples, so a total of six at the table, several times. We were seated at a table along the interior wall and the maitre 'd did not have to have staff pull the tables for two together. I know that the Infinity version of Blu can also easily accommodate tables of eight with no problems. They could possibly easily arrange for tables of ten with no problem (ie not having to pull the five of the two tops into a rectangle), but I wasn't paying any attention.

On the Reflection we had a wonderful round table for the 8 of us. I went in just after we boarded they already knew we had the group, I asked to looked around found the table and asked for at 5:30 they said no problem, every night when we left we asked for the same able for 6pm and they accomadated. Enjoy

If you have a large group (or a small group) please be considerate of others and try to keep your voices at a conversational level. There are tables for 2 very close ( almost touching) the large tables and this can create noise problems for those seated at the two tops. Do have fun and enjoy, but remember not everyone wants to participate in your conversation.

We had a table for 6 on the Equinox last year and it seemed like it was the largest table we saw. I only recall seeing two tables this size.

Personally, I think I've come to the conclusion that tables for 8 are about the largest size that I prefer with a table of 6 being much better. We frequently eat with groups with more than eight in the MDR and specialty restaurants and with groups that large conversation around the table becomes more difficult at times as the tables are generally long rectangles or ovals so people at one end can't easily join in conversations with those towards the other end. I think if you have a group larger than 8, and maybe even larger than 6, just as well splitting into two groups for dinner and mixing it up a bit each night.

I seem to only remember one table of 6 or 8 on the Millennium, but I wasn't paying the utmost attention. The 2-tops are very close together, and the 4-tops could be moved to make 6 or 8 with the 2-tops. Also, even though they are round tables, the ones along the benches could be put together to make quite a long group table.

Personally, I think I've come to the conclusion that tables for 8 are about the largest size that I prefer with a table of 6 being much better. We frequently eat with groups with more than eight in the MDR and specialty restaurants and with groups that large conversation around the table becomes more difficult at times as the tables are generally long rectangles or ovals so people at one end can't easily join in conversations with those towards the other end. I think if you have a group larger than 8, and maybe even larger than 6, just as well splitting into two groups for dinner and mixing it up a bit each night.
I totally agree. It is so much more pleasant and enjoyable sitting at a dinner table where everyone can participate in the same conversation instead of having little cliques with different overlapping conversations going on at the same table at the same time.

Also, the service is generally slower at the large tables.

For our 30th Wedding Anniversary on Silhouette in Feb. we had a table for 10. We arrived at 6 when they opened and they put tables for 2, by the window, together for us. I agree that service seems to suffer a little with the larger table.

The rest of the cruise we had a round top table for 8 and it was very comfortable.

If you have a large group (or a small group) please be considerate of others and try to keep your voices at a conversational level. There are tables for 2 very close ( almost touching) the large tables and this can create noise problems for those seated at the two tops. Do have fun and enjoy, but remember not everyone wants to participate in your conversation.

We have always sailed in AQ on X because we liked Blu thinking it was more intimate. Recently sailing on the Connie there was no AQ so we dined in the MDR. The next cruise was AQ on the Reflection. We found that the MDR was more private and intimate than Blu on the Reflection. It seems as if there are now more groups and families sailing in AQ and because of that Blu is not the same. The dining room is too small for all of the AQ guests so the tables are very close, tables for two are like sitting at a long banquet table.

And why is it when there is a group at a large table one of them has to be the life of the party by having to laugh the loudest, and talk so loud that everyone in room can hear them?

I totally agree. It is so much more pleasant and enjoyable sitting at a dinner table where everyone can participate in the same conversation instead of having little cliques with different overlapping conversations going on at the same table at the same time.

I have never been to a dinner where everyone participates in the same conversation....that just doesn't seem to happen in the real world...except when people yell. That's the rub for everyone else in the dining room. It's even worse when Blu (or anyone else) sets up two large tables and the tables yell between themselves.

Yes, with a little advanced notice, Blu can accommodate larger groups, but on a recent cruise on the eclipse, a large group was so loud (two large tables), we asked the maitre d' if they had a reservation (large groups can reserve) to eat in Blu every night....and if so, when was their reservation for. Happily, they planned to eat at other restaurants for the rest of the cruise.

We have always sailed in AQ on X because we liked Blu thinking it was more intimate. Recently sailing on the Connie there was no AQ so we dined in the MDR. The next cruise was AQ on the Reflection. We found that the MDR was more private and intimate than Blu on the Reflection. It seems as if there are now more groups and families sailing in AQ and because of that Blu is not the same. The dining room is too small for all of the AQ guests so the tables are very close, tables for two are like sitting at a long banquet table.

And why is it when there is a group at a large table one of them has to be the life of the party by having to laugh the loudest, and talk so loud that everyone in room can hear them?

Couldn't agree more. I'll be in AQ for the Reflection TA. If it's as bad as my last two Reflection cruises in AQ, I'll just skip AQ on Reflection in the future. Just in AQ on SIL and it was wonderful.

Couldn't agree more. I'll be in AQ for the Reflection TA. If it's as bad as my last two Reflection cruises in AQ, I'll just skip AQ on Reflection in the future. Just in AQ on SIL and it was wonderful.

We liked Blu on the Silhouette, and Solstice but I think the problem with Blu on the Reflection is the added deck of AQ cabins and the addition of AQ suites. It also doesn't help when they allow guests in for dinner. During breakfast I overheard a passenger ask the Maitre'd if she could bring some friends to dinner that weren't in AQ and he said yes it wouldn't be a problem.

During the first few days they never asked to see our cards for breakfast. We just walked up and were seated. I can understand it after they recognize you but not when there is always a different host that has never seen you.

I like some of the perks in AQ but Blu was always the number one. If we sail on the Reflection again the price differential would have to be very small to justify it over a regular balcony.

Very well stated. On one of our Equinox cruises there was a group of eight at one sitting; and, occasionally there conversations were a nuisance; virtually everyone talking in a loud voice at the same time. We essentially solved this problem be eating at a different time, or requesting a table distant from the group.

We had a table for 6 on the Equinox last year and it seemed like it was the largest table we saw. I only recall seeing two tables this size.

Is your reference to Blu or the main dining room?

We are in Aqua on Infinity on our BI cruise (got an upgrade). We like eating at a table for 8 in the MDR.

When entering BLU can we request seating at a large table?

Can you request sitting with other people at a large table?

Blu is like a regular restaurant...but I will not say you are not allowed

to ask but most folks go to dinner as "their own party" if that makes

sense.

We are in Aqua on Infinity on our BI cruise (got an upgrade). We like eating at a table for 8 in the MDR.

When entering BLU can we request seating at a large table?

4774Papa -- Pardon the intrusion here, but I was wondering if you have dropped the Jun 3rd Infinity Cruise? I am trying to update our roll call on this Jun 3rd cruise.

Susan

Archived