What would you do

Shogun

Hi All

Was looking at an 8 day cruise, price is very good, now there is a 12 day cruise for 65% of the cost of the 8 day.

First is a Norway cruise, been to all but one port before but nice part of the world.

Other is UK been to ports before will be within an hours drive of my house

from two ports.

So what to pick a longer cheaper cruise, gives more time to chill out,

OK ports are not as strong, but can still find plenty to do

or shorter more expensive but better ports,

what would you do

yours Shogun

Hi All

Was looking at an 8 day cruise, price is very good, now there is a 12 day cruise for 65% of the cost of the 8 day.

First is a Norway cruise, been to all but one port before but nice part of the world.

Other is UK been to ports before will be within an hours drive of my house

from two ports.

So what to pick a longer cheaper cruise, gives more time to chill out,

OK ports are not as strong, but can still find plenty to do

or shorter more expensive but better ports,

what would you do

yours Shogun

Since you've been to most of the ports in both choices, how about making it a winner and going on the longer cruise which is closer to your home?

Weather would be a toss-up either way. Have a blast whichever you choose. PS Look forward to finally meeting you on the Royal!

Here's a viewpoint from someone who hasn't even experienced her first cruise, yet (9 days!!!!). What do you enjoy more...the ship experience or being on shore and exploring? Because even if you've been to the ports before there are undoubtedly things you've not yet seen. If it's the shore experience you enjoy most...do the short one. If it's all about the big ship and the delights it has to offer...do the long one.

In 2009 when our Mexican cruise turned into a California Coastal because of the flu-that-wasn't, I thought "Oh no, all this time and money just to see my home state!" Turns out there's a lot I didn't know and had not seen right here in my own back yard.

My vote would be for the longer cruise.

Shogun,

Never met you however love reading your reports. along with Pia and Pam in CA. you have been my cruise angels. so my plan is do the long one!!! We booked a med and Adriatic cruise in Sept, . . . .and would you believe it. . . . .just had to tag another 4days on the end. Only done one cruse in2011 but totally hooked. it's the relaxation of the cruise .

Archived